• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think it matters. His position is RB. It only differs if he is labeled a 3rd down back for which he will get less.
    Matters to him and his agent and that’s probably why the gulf is so wide he asked to explore a trade. Reality should set in soon. Wonder if he reached out to MG III for a preview of coming disasters

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re all looking at the market for RBs. Ek is looking at the market for RB/receivers.
      So what? He’s still coming back.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        If he doesn’t come back, grab Kareem Hunt. And draft
        Hey thats what I have been saying!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post

That’s an opinion not a fact on jacobs being taken before Ekeler. I doubt that’s the case
          You actually believe that?

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Agree on RB but don't want Zeke or Fournette. Those two are beat up.

Draft pick. Bijan, and I also like Chase Brown and his laser one cut, also like Rochon Johnnson and yeah, Gibbs and Spears.

As for a cheap vet, I like James Robinson, D'Onta Foreman, D'Ernest Johnson....in that order. Foreman though not much of a pass catcher.
            I was a little vague on the Zeke reasoning. I mention him due to his familiarity with Moore. Its not so much that i think he is a nice change of pace to Ekeler...its that Moore may think he would help. I still am not ready to throw away Spiller.

Comment

• Tbone33101
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Like I said, underappreciated, look at the production over their careers Ekeler is the better back CERTAINLY in the same class

Comment

• Tbone33101
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Here are the stats from the last 4 years

Jacobs. Ekeler

Attempts. 1072. 658
                yards. 4740. 2913
                yards per
                rush. 4.4. 4.4
                Rush tds. 40. 29
                receptions. 160. 323
                rec yards. 1152. 2765
                rec tds. 0. 23

total yards
                from scrimmage 5892. 5678

total td’s. 40. 52

Excuse the by hand formatting but please tell me how Austin is not in the same class?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Eks coming back. Look at the market.
                  Is he coming back as a malcontent? With a huge chip on his shoulder? Does he transition from locker room leader to locker room whiner? From a guy who always gives everything he has on the field to one who doesn't give a crap? If so, don't want him.

His post about fans need to support him and not the team he plays for has me souring a bit. Sorry, I love Ekeler. But I am a CHARGERS fan. I don't watch the games just to see him run or catch. I don't walk away when the game is on and he is not on the field. I don't take satisfaction in his stats but rather my team winning. I won't start watching the team he gets traded to just to see him play. And I don't think ill of the Chargers for paying him fairly based on market for his position even if that market seems wrong. So yeah, I support the logo he plays for not him.

And while I am ranting on market, I think entertainers (which is what the NFL is at the end of the day) should not just compare themselves to others in their fields but also others in society. Look at how much Ekeler makes compared to a fireman. Is that fair? Police officer? Paramedic? Teacher? Someone who works in social services and helps those who cannot help themselves? You get the point.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Kelly is making 1.2 mil in his last year on his deal.
                    If they cut him, they save 1 mil. However, that won't happen til after the draft,.possibly during or after TC since we won't save more by waiting.

He is cheap enough, he just isn't anything special..
                    Technically, the Chargers would at most save 250k if Kelly is released unless they only have a 52 player roster. Hence the provision in rookie contracts that if they play so much their first three years - they get a bump to over $2m in year 4 - I do not think Kelly got that. If he did, he probably would have been truly released

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Chargers marginally up their final offer to make it happen.
                      The best offer I have for Ek is $1m in cash plus some incentives - no extension. The market shows where Ekeler should be paid.

Even at that - will he be a guy committed or will he hold out or wait until labor day and all that stuff. Hence, I still think, trade him.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

RB Jamall Williams who had 1066 yards and 17 TD's just signed a contract for 3 years 12 million dollars, and Ek wants close to 12 million a year! Delusions of grandeur & greed! But we love you Ek over the logo! sigh.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          RB Jamall Williams who had 1066 yards and 17 TD's just signed a contract for 3 years 12 million dollars, and Ek wants close to 12 million a year! Delusions of grandeur & greed! But we love you Ek over the logo! sigh.
                          He is going to be ticked off that the market didn't meet his expectations

And yes, the last couple years - through no fault of his - he probably was underpaid by a couple million. But based on the current free agent class and what he will be to the offense in 2023 -he is being paid appropriately. I still am hopeful in a team like the WFT calling Telesco. Weddle was a PITA that whole last year he didn't get extended. And I know the Chargers do some stupid stuff - but between /Weddsy and his boy Acee - he was a total d**k that last year. Gordon was a hold out

These things do not go well unless the Chargers completely overpay. If I am the Chargers, I am taking the 6.25m of space and the mid round pick and moving on. And truly, I want it to happen. The Chargers offense needs some tweaks to it in personnel.

Comment

Working...
                          X