• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
    Sound like Bengals are going to release Joe Mixon. another RB soon to be on the market.

Reason being they dont want to pay a RB 12.8 million ths year.

Burrow, Chase, Orlando Brown...those are the critical pieces to an offence you pay the bucks for
    Mixon also has a bit of a checkered past (I think he beat a woman on video in college?) and there are recent reports of gun fire coming from either his backyard or a relative's back yard when he was there and possibly involved. The salary and the trouble may be too much for Cincy? But they also let Perine go (to Denver) So they would have no RB now?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Bengals release Mixon, they have already lost Perine. Ekeler would make a bit of sense

As for the idea you would trade with Bengals and possibly help them - Chargers can only concern themselves with how they can improve with the money and draft pick(s)
      Remember James Brooks (one of my all time favorites) for Pete Johnson? Man what a terrible trade.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

You are in denial Ekler is not asking for 12 million range

From Popper this morning

The running back market, though, leaned in the direction of teams Wednesday. Miles Sanders is coming off a career season in which he rushed for nearly 1,300 yards and 11 touchdowns behind one of the best offensive lines in football. Sanders signed with the Panthers for $6.25 million in average annual value, according to multiple reports. Jamaal Williams is coming off a 1,000-yard, 17-touchdown season. He signed with the Saints for $4 million in AAV.​

If Ekeler wants to reach that next tier of running back contract, he would be looking for something in the $11-12 million range in AAV. Aaron Jones is at $11.5 million. Joe Mixon is at $12 million. Nick Chubb is at $12.2 million, Derrick Henry at $12.5 million and Dalvin Cook at $12.6 million. A step above that was Ezekiel Elliott at $15 million, but he was released by the Cowboys. Alvin Kamara is also at $15 million, and then Christian McCaffrey sets the market at $16.015 million.

With the way the running back market is unfolding this offseason, it is hard to see Ekeler getting to that $11-12 million number. He is a better player than Williams and Sanders. But is he twice as good as Sanders and three times as good as Williams? That is where we are at.
        I am not sure he is even a better player than Miles Sanders. They were just used so differently by the Eagles and Chargers. I mean when you have a TE like Goedert, two WRs like Brown and Smith, a QB who can run and throw like Hurts (who can run into the endzone)- the stats for the RB are not going to be the same as the Chargers offense last year.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Again...fully understand Eke's position...but I dont support him on this, I support the team. I want to win, we need the cap space and players.

It is neither his fault, or the team's...it just is. Sucks, but there you go. In a perfect world, RBs and WRs would make the same...12 million. Instead, we have to fork out 20 plus million to proven recievers, or we lose them...its a pass happy league, and wrs play longer...its just the way things are, and teams have to go with the flow of the league, if they want to stay competitive.

Blame the players, if anything. Their collective bargaining is a joke. If you put a 25 million cap on salaries, these QBs would be sharing the wealth with their teammates...the salary cap would still get used up, but other positions would reap the reward also...but the NFLPA wont hear of it, so...there you go.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

You are in denial Ekler is not asking for 12 million range

From Popper this morning

The running back market, though, leaned in the direction of teams Wednesday. Miles Sanders is coming off a career season in which he rushed for nearly 1,300 yards and 11 touchdowns behind one of the best offensive lines in football. Sanders signed with the Panthers for $6.25 million in average annual value, according to multiple reports. Jamaal Williams is coming off a 1,000-yard, 17-touchdown season. He signed with the Saints for $4 million in AAV.​

If Ekeler wants to reach that next tier of running back contract, he would be looking for something in the $11-12 million range in AAV. Aaron Jones is at $11.5 million. Joe Mixon is at $12 million. Nick Chubb is at $12.2 million, Derrick Henry at $12.5 million and Dalvin Cook at $12.6 million. A step above that was Ezekiel Elliott at $15 million, but he was released by the Cowboys. Alvin Kamara is also at $15 million, and then Christian McCaffrey sets the market at $16.015 million.

With the way the running back market is unfolding this offseason, it is hard to see Ekeler getting to that $11-12 million number. He is a better player than Williams and Sanders. But is he twice as good as Sanders and three times as good as Williams? That is where we are at.
            Wait what? Nobody is getting a $12M deal and I'm the one that's in denial? Show me credible info that Ekeler is asking for $12M/yr. You cannot because
            there isn't any. The article Barnham wrote clearly said: We don't know what Ekeler wants. That was the one you posted, remember?

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Nobody is giving up draft picks before the draft and FA is over, unless they are desperate. So you're not going
              to see anything happen until sometime after the dust of FA and the draft is over. May extend into just before the
              season starts, because you know injuries and other shit happens.
              No draft picks, a great player might tempt TT in trade. It'll have to be a great starter & fit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Remember James Brooks (one of my all time favorites) for Pete Johnson? Man what a terrible trade.

TG
                That was a terrible trade to be sure. Brooks was awesome
                Also a different time in the NFL these days - salary cap

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

No draft picks, a great player might tempt TT in trade. It'll have to be a great starter & fit.
                  Cap space isn't nothing. I am not against a 1:1 trade of Ekeler but if the Chargers have players they can sign - that brings value plus a Day 3 pick

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Wait what? Nobody is getting a $12M deal and I'm the one that's in denial? Show me credible info that Ekeler is asking for $12M/yr. You cannot because
                    there isn't any. The article Barnham wrote clearly said: We don't know what Ekeler wants. That was the one you posted, remember?
                    I have read 4 different writers now suggest his ask is in the 12 million range. Is Popper shit too?

Common sense and the current events also dictate the range his ask is. Not that hard to figure out

Fortunatey for the Chargers and fans of the team, he is asking at the wrong time in the wrong market.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

There is nothing to suggest this imo.
                      All due respect, dare I suggest this might be "projection" on your part?
                      Ekeler has done nothing wrong or offensive or anything to suggest he doesn't want to be here, he simply asked permission to seek better financial opportunities with the understanding that he is willing to play elsewhere.

He hasn't said anything about having a primary motivation to play elsewhere, his actions do not suggest this either. Strictly business is all anyone can gather unless one is inclined to read beyond what is provided.
                      in turn the front office has responded professionally and respectfully first by offering an initial extension, followed by granting permission for what is specifically being asked.

Proud of both sides, I wish NFL business is done like this more often. If Ekeler chooses to return, he will have my arms waiting wide open as well.
                      Is it "projection" that the Chargers are mired in mediocrity? Or that they play in the same division as the Chiefs? A division the Chiefs have ruled over for the past, what, 6 years? With 2 SB trophies in that time and something like 4 straight years in the AFC Championship game? And, I might add, no end in sight to their dominance?

Asking to be traded is not "offensive" at all. But I think it's wishful thinking to feel that the guy doesn't want out for some reason other than money.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The so called great players are being released. Zeke for example. The cap is a deadly agent if you're a player.
                        Ekeler is in his last year. So any team trading for him is getting him for 1 year, or they would be negotiating a
                        better contract than he has. Not going to happen before FA and the draft is over. So a 1 year deal is possible
                        for some team that needs help at the position. But they are getting that in FA and cheaper for what Ek wants.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

I have read 4 different writers now suggest his ask is in the 12 million range. Is Popper shit too?

Common sense and the current events also dictate the range his ask is. Not that hard to figure out

Fortunatey for the Chargers and fans of the team, he is asking at the wrong time in the wrong market.
                          And they all don't know what Ekeler wants. Speculation. And I'll tell you this if he does sign with another team
                          (not happening anytime soon) it will not be for $12M/yr. His agent can ask what he wants, that has no bearing
                          on what Ekeler will actually sign for. In the end it's what Ekeler wants, not his agent or writer speculation.

Comment

Working...
                          X