• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is a question: would you trade Ekeler, meaning his draft pick in a trade plus the Chargers own 21 to move up to get Bijan
    If that's all I have to give up then yes.

I do think there is a good chance he falls to us and an extra pick would be great but if Tampa Bay signs someone I don't think they will pick him then you only worry about Dallas trading up and ....maybe Cinci now.

Maybe the Vikes if the Cook situation goes south.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-16-2023, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know anything about the gunfire thing but the bolded was a while ago.
      If it wasn't an issue then, it sure isn't now.

I think his salary is the biggest issue. Most of that list with high priced RBs are being shopped or cut.
      I saw something that listed the Chargers as betting favorites for Zeke Elliott. I guess I get it with the lack of running game and the Kellen Moore connection - but not sure Zeke is the right RB for the Chargers when you can get one in the draft.

Last year was his worst years for yards per carry and yards per catch. Pollard really became option 1
      I think - today - pass on Zeke

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

You still need a big back to move the pile when nothing is there.

Which running back least belongs on this list (BTW, has nothing to do with overall talent)?

1 Means
        2 Butts
        3 LT
        4 Turner
        5 Mr. Broken Clavicles (How, in Hell, do you break each clavicle?)
        6 MGIII
        7 Ekeler

If I'm handing the ball off on 4th & 1 on my own 37-yard line (I think it was the 37) in a game where the winner makes the playoffs, #7 on the list is the last guy I want getting that ball on a running play. Same thing trying to get a damn first down in the 2nd half of a playoff game, when I'm trying to protect a 27 - 7 lead. If you're a shit team, it doesn't matter. If you want to make a deep playoff run, it damn sure does. Even when we had LT, a great between-the-tackles runner, we still had Turner to pick up the short yards and wear down defenses.

Rules may favor a passing game, but the last time I checked, they didn't eliminate 2nd & short, 3rd & short, and 4th & short. A loss of possession is a loss of possession, whether you blew it on 3rd & 1 or 3rd & 10. Fans don't hate the running game; they hate a bad running game. I don't want to lose Ekeler, who is phenomenal in space, as both a runner and a receiver. I would have no problem giving him a three-year extension at ~$8.5-9M yearly because he will still be an outstanding receiving back. That's if we had the salary-cap space. Still need a power back, if Spiller isn't that guy. Spiller = the great unknown.

The true issue here is Telesco's inability to replace MGIII. Ekeler is a gigantic asset and not the problem.

There are more ways than one to construct a solid team, but I think the lack of a power back is a big hole. Reasonable minds may differ. Nobody is burning up my phone line to hire me as a team-construction-consultant. I wouldn't either. Many here are far better at that than I am.
        The Chargers do need a true running back to carry the load. I would say its been since LT. All three of Butts, Means and turner had moments better than Gordon and Mathews. I think I am still waiting for Mathews to break a long run. Gordon at least got that 88 yarder in New England

Is that guy Spiller - who knows
        Its not Kelly and its not Ekeler

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I saw something that listed the Chargers as betting favorites for Zeke Elliott. I guess I get it with the lack of running game and the Kellen Moore connection - but not sure Zeke is the right RB for the Chargers when you can get one in the draft.

Last year was his worst years for yards per carry and yards per catch. Pollard really became option 1
          I think - today - pass on Zeke
          Wouldn't like that at all. If it was from Twitter, I'll disregard. Many stupid things on there about who we might be interested.in.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wouldn't like that at all. If it was from Twitter, I'll disregard. Many stupid things on there about who we might be interested.in.

I wouldn't like it at all either - older RBs don't age well

Comment

• LarryAW
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

The Chargers do need a true running back to carry the load. I would say its been since LT. All three of Butts, Means and turner had moments better than Gordon and Mathews. I think I am still waiting for Mathews to break a long run. Gordon at least got that 88 yarder in New England

Is that guy Spiller - who knows
              Its not Kelly and its not Ekeler
              It would be much easier for us if we did know what the Chargers have seen or expect they will get from Spiller.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

A 4th gets you 50 points so thats one spot to 20 and Seattle

A 3rd gets you 165 so thats Pittsburgh at 17

A 2nd gets you 360 so thats the Jets (or Packers) at 13

I don't see Ek getting a 2nd or 3rd
                Whats my 21, my 3rd, AND Eke get me to?
                What does my 21, my 2nd, AND Eke get me to?

I’ll entertain both of those options as well and still SPRINT to the podium. I’ll even have track shoes on the night before just in the hope I get to run up.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Whats my 21, my 3rd, AND Eke get me to?
                  What does my 21, my 2nd, AND Eke get me to?

I’ll entertain both of those options as well and still SPRINT to the podium. I’ll even have track shoes on the night before just in the hope I get to run up.
                  All depends on what you value Ekeler as

I would prefer 21, 4th and Ek to move up

I think picks are so valuable on Day 2 - in spite of Telescos history

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't like it at all either - older RBs don't age well
                    I would roll the dice with Chase Brown in the 3rd round over Elliot...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I like that name too

The more I see of this draft - there is value in R2 and R3. Almost better value than R1 -just meaning some players will be first rounders that may not have a first round grade

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Damn right...more Canadians needed on the offence to go with Josh!

Comment

• LarryAW
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Ekeler has to go because he made me forget about the Aztecs game. Damn it.

Comment

Working...
                          X