• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Richard Marshall

Richard Marshall CB cut by the Dolphins you think we should go after him? Our CB depth is not good either the rookie Williams out for the season, Patrick injured, so outside of our starter Wright and Cox who are corners who can actually play? Ghilcrist can always go back to corner then safety depth takes a hit.

Hell Safety outside of Weddle and Ghilcrist we are paper thin, Taylor coming of an injury, Stuckey, and then who!

Dam front 7 has talent and they are going to have to play their @$$ off any injury occurs in the secondary!!!!

Apparently they tried to trade him before cutting him. Telesco may be familiar with him from his days as a Panther.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

This guy was pretty good in 2011 for Arizona wasn't he? Was it just the wrong scheme? Seems like a guy TT should take a flyer on (obviously after he clears waivers). From what I've read he was more of a nickel corner/safety than playing out on an island (where miami had him).

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Marshall always struck me as a bit like Gregory. Not athletic enough to play outside at CB, not really big enough to play S, not really a great deep S type, but if you get past the fact that he doesn't have a "classic" position, he is actually and effective guy. He just probably won't be a starter, he is a guy who is best in the nickle.

Has anyone seen him play much lately. If he is the same guy he was a couple of years ago, he is worth a flyer as a backup and ST guy.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Marshall always struck me as a bit like Gregory. Not athletic enough to play outside at CB, not really big enough to play S, not really a great deep S type, but if you get past the fact that he doesn't have a "classic" position, he is actually and effective guy. He just probably won't be a starter, he is a guy who is best in the nickle.

Has anyone seen him play much lately. If he is the same guy he was a couple of years ago, he is worth a flyer as a backup and ST guy.
          this.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Screeme
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sounds perfect since we seem to have out starting pair, but have injuries with the nickel and dime guys

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Apparently TT agrees with us. He's in for a visit today.

I can see this guy taking over nickel duties.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The nice thing about nickle players is that no matter how many you have, you can always use one more. Even if they love what Patrick is doing, they can use both in the nickle, so there is no harm in signing another one. Especially since Marshall used to be a pretty good ST guy in his day (and you can't have too many of them either).

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think we will see an upgrade in depth in a lot of positions this way this season. Due to cap issues and injuries, I believe TT will do what they did in Indy last year. They added a whopping 20 players sept 1-15. brought in guys they thought would fit their system and upgraded what was a very weak roster last August.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Looks like Milus coached him in Carolina and Wiz was his HC in Zona. Seems like there's a lot of familiarity there.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I hope he comes in at a decent price. He's already getting paid.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        I hope he comes in at a decent price. He's already getting paid.
                        I doubt he gets much more than the minimum.

Comment

Working...
                        X