• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    Steve is the one with the problem about OIP's opinion about Patrick, not I.
    Its pretty bizarre. I guess people have picked certain posters they want to argue with even if it means they argue a counter to a point that doesn't exist.

Its happening a lot
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Speaking of Patrick, he sustained his second concussion in two weeks tonight.

Now whatever the opinions of Marshall is, the signing is even more important.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I don't have a problem with the opinion that patrick sucks. He does. I hae an problem that OIP makes a lot of stupid comments that detract ffrom his usually inconsistent arguments. Which is a pity, because instead of being the forum joke, he could actually contribute in a more meaningful way. I suspect you probbaly have some real insights, but they get lost in your drivel.

If you wanted to point out that Marshall could contribute, why the hell did you mention that Marshall and Patrick both player on bad secondaries? In a short paragraph you spent more time on ripping on where two players played before then on the actual point. And I wasn't the only person who got confused, as several other posts point that out, not to mention the cast of people who probbaly just tune you out.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          I didn't know you dated a Raiders cheerleader???

Do tell!
          and that was just her boobs.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I don't have a problem with the opinion that patrick sucks. He does. I hae an problem that OIP makes a lot of stupid comments that detract ffrom his usually inconsistent arguments. Which is a pity, because instead of being the forum joke, he could actually contribute in a more meaningful way. I suspect you probbaly have some real insights, but they get lost in your drivel.

If you wanted to point out that Marshall could contribute, why the hell did you mention that Marshall and Patrick both player on bad secondaries? In a short paragraph you spent more time on ripping on where two players played before then on the actual point. And I wasn't the only person who got confused, as several other posts point that out, not to mention the cast of people who probbaly just tune you out.
            You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Steve again.

You're on a roll, Steve.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Again, I didn't mention that both players played on bad secondaries. I never ripped on where either player played. Not sure why that is stuck in your head. And my post was in response to someone saying that now we have a decent replacement should Cox or Wroght get injured.

No one else has been confused by this other than you.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SFW
                PB Official Game Thread Starter
                • Jul 2013
                • NY
                • USMC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                He's better than what they had on the roster. Decent is debatable. You have Patrick who was released by the worst secondary in 2012. And Marshall that was released by a piss poor Phins secondary last week.
                Again, I didn't mention that both players played on bad secondaries. I never ripped on where either player played. Not sure why that is stuck in your head. And my post was in response to someone saying that now we have a decent replacement should Cox or Wroght get injured.

No one else has been confused by this other than you.
                Yes, you did.
                1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

SFW, quit persecuting him and not being open to alternative views!

:stirpot:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                    Yes, you did.
                    No I didn't.

I said both players were released by bad secondaries. Big difference in terms of the discussion that followed.

And somehow Steve spun that into the chargers should release Weddle because he played on a subpar secondary.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I was simply showing the absurdity of your previous statement. Why did you even mention that they both played on bad secondaries? It didn't make any sense to bring that up, given the beginning of that line. But you tend to use inconsistent logic and confusing statements a lot, so that could be it.

Your single paragraph is going in two different directions.
                      He's better than what they had on the roster.
                      First, Marshall is an improvement.

Decent is debatable. You have Patrick who was released by the worst secondary in 2012. And Marshall that was released by a piss poor Phins secondary last week.
                      Second you imply they suck because they both played on bad units. Of course this part really contridicts the previous part, but hey, it's an OIP post, so......

Then I point out that the absurdity of the statement, using Weddle as an example of a good player on a bad unit (see our secondary last few seasons).

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I don't bring up that he played on bad secondaries.

I brought up that he was released by a bad secondary
                        and that dbs like that aren't often guys that can come in and replace the starting outside CBS should they get injured(the post I was responding to)

I do think he's an upgrade at NB. But part if that is the current NB isn't very good and Marshall has played well in the past.

Not sure how that = the Chargers should cut Weddle
                        not much difference in meaning there.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I was simply showing the absurdity of your previous statement. Why did you even mention that they both played on bad secondaries?
                          I didn't and that's why you are so confused. You've said I said this in almost every post and its something I didn't say.

It didn't make any sense to bring that up
                          I didn't bring it up. You did.

you tend to use inconsistent logic and confusing statements a lot, so that could be it.
                          Yes you seem to be very confused about a statement I never made.
                          N

Your single paragraph is going in two different directions.

First, Marshall is an improvement.

Second you imply they suck because they both played on bad units. Of course this part really contridicts the previous part, but hey, it's an OIP post, so......

Then I point out that the absurdity of the statement, using Weddle as an example of a good player on a bad unit (see our secondary last few seasons).
                          I never implied that they suck because they played on bad secondaries. I never mentioned them playing on any secondaries.

What I did respond to was someone saying that now we have a decent replacement should Cox or Wright get injured. And I questioned if he would be a decent starting outside CB because teams usually don't release guys that can help in such a capacity. Especially when their secondaries could use guys like that.
                          Last edited by oneinchpunch; 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X