X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benjamin - 4 years, 24 mil, 13 guaranteed.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      Benjamin - 4 years, 24 mil, 13 guaranteed.
      Compared to some of these deals, that's pocket change.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Benjamin has developed beyond just a speed guy (ran a 4.29) to a WR who runs pretty good routes and knows how to use his speed to get open on more than just fly routes. He also has the knack of avoiding major contact, which is pretty important given that he weighs 170 lbs or so. Hands are decent. Great punt returner. He has been pretty healthy here in Clevburg except for one year when he had a knee. If Whiz uses him right, this will add a whole new dimension to this offense. He scares defensive coordinators with that speed.
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I like the signing. Really about a perfect add that doesnt break the bank, he's young, and he adds a dimension we lacked with his speed and he seems to be that outside threat like Floyd was for toe-tapping catches to move the chains on 3rd downs. I think he will be a great complement to Allen and Stevie. I still think we need another developmental WR though but later in the draft if not a udfa to develop....Herndon as our 5th is not impressive. I like Inman but not as our 4th frankly....depth still concerns me as none of our receivers are big tough guys that i expect to last a full season without being dinged up.

I'm super thrilled he's a PR stud....this is an added bonus where we frankly sucked ass over the last i dont know how many years. Took a chance on Jones but he just had no gas left in the tank. Now i hope we can get better ST play in general on both sides of the ball with our new coach.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Therein lies the rub. If they trot Watt/Robinson out there as their answer for the C position, Rivers will be giraffe-galloping for his life. Again.
            Don't forget Walton, Wiggens, Lickenbach, Hairston, Burwell. Am I forgetting any guest appearances on the OL last year?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              Maybe your Google skills are lacking, with no real speed at WR in this draft and few WRs as fast as Benjerman on the FA market under 30, I would think this was an obvious must get player with Floyd rewireing...
              My Leafly skills are strong.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Benjamin is pretty quick. He can blow the top off a Defense. Hopefully we can improve us beyond 5 yds per punt return

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  Benjamin is pretty quick. He can blow the top off a Defense. Hopefully we can improve us beyond 5 yds per punt return
                  Watched some highlights on YouTube ...pretty impressive..gonna really help with field position...he is small and goes down pretty quick when someone gets a hand on him. He actually runs some pretty nice routes and seems to have good awareness when going up for the ball
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

You have him return kicks (provided we can't get someone better) and split time with Stevie Johnson, unless one or more of our younger guys comes on. He is a good signing and fits well because he is both quick and fast. He can take short passes and make plays in tight corners, as well as stretch the field some. But while he was the Browns best offensive weapon last year, he is still better suited to be Allen's compliment, along with the guy who fills in with Woodhead and Gates.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

So do you see him as a better fit at wideout than slot or both?
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I think Benjamin and Johnson can both play both positions, so I think we can mix and match. Get matchups and also split time.

Ideally, I would like to see Benjamin take over the slot position, with one Williams taking over the outside WR spot, and Herdon taking over the return jobs. But you need those guys to win jobs, so until they do, we are covered. That is what vet FA signings are about. Fill the hole immediately, so we don't have to reach in the draft. Our being active in FA proves that we are not happy with the draft production prior to TT. If you draft well, you can avoid these kinds of deals altogether. Sadly, we don't have much of a choice.

Part of the pattern with TT signings is that he looks for flexibility, and this fits that mold. He also seems to be going after smarter guys that in the past. Self made guys who don't play stupid (that has been a big problem for us).
                        Last edited by Steve; 03-09-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I think you move him to create matchup problems. Imagine him with a LB on him.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X