First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

This would be a great signing (it is not official yet), not only as a solid deep threat (one of the best in the NFL last year) but also could possibly help us as a returner. Not to mention, this could take off some of the pressure of grabbing a wr in the high rounds of the draft and allow us to focus on other areas.

BTW-not even close to the Jacoby Jones signing. He was washed up two years before we signed him and TB is just hitting his prime.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yay awesome vet help for the offense! Very needed and very welcome.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Dreadlock war with Verrett, and maybe Addae.

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

In a season where the draft is weak at WR and in free agency there are not many available getting a good one quick is a nice surprise. There are many more OL available so TT can be a little more deliberate with the O-line.

Good move.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            I hope he's good. Receiver isn't the first position I would have addressed, but at least we're doing something.
            Maybe your Google skills are lacking, with no real speed at WR in this draft and few WRs as fast as Benjerman on the FA market under 30, I would think this was an obvious must get player with Floyd rewireing...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• X-man
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Dreadlock war with Verrett, and maybe Addae.
              Benjamin vs. Varrett is definitely a training camp battle I would love to see in person. Whoever has that pleasure of being able to go....I envy and hope they give us awesome updates. Those two players 1v1 each other could definitely help each other become better pros in the grand scheme of things...not unlike for Keenan Allen this past year (when he has having an all pro year before the freak injury). Aside from trying to self improve, I'd like to think those battles with Varrett during training camp had something to do with Allen's game taking it to another level and vice-versa.

image.jpg
              Last edited by X-man; 03-09-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Pre-draft measurables
                Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
                5 ft 10 in 178 lb 31 3/4 in 8 3/4 in 4.36 s 1.57 s 2.49 s 4.17 s 6.96 s 38 in 9 ft 11 in 14 reps
                All measures are from NFL Combine,[2] except 20 yd shuttle and Cone drill (UM Pro Day)

4.36 40. Nice. There's your stretch WR.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

The dude had catches of 54, 60, 47, 61 and 42 yards last season from crappy qbs. I would say we could use that aspect to this offense immediately.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    This would be a great signing (it is not official yet), not only as a solid deep threat (one of the best in the NFL last year) but also could possibly help us as a returner. Not to mention, this could take off some of the pressure of grabbing a wr in the high rounds of the draft and allow us to focus on other areas.

BTW-not even close to the Jacoby Jones signing. He was washed up two years before we signed him and TB is just hitting his prime.
                    Personally, I don't see the wisdom in using a high priced WR who is supposed to be a prime offensive weapon as a returner. Herndon sat behind Jacoby Jokes most of the year- but was an instant upgrade on returns when he got his chance. Guys like him need to earn their roster spots contributing on STs, IMO. So, if we land Benjamin, we have him + Allen, Stevie Johnson and Inman as our top 4 WRs. Then Herndon and that other rookie from last year people were all excited about (whose name I can't remember) but looked lost when pressed into action at end of season.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

This feels like a Broncos Emmanual Sanders type move. He reminds me a lot of Sanders. Expecting 3 years 18-20 million.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Showed he can make plays as a receiver last year, and leads the NFL in yards per punt return since 2012. Oh and he's only 26. What's not to like about this signing?

Comment

• RollingThunder
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Love this signing. Quite frankly, we've been operating with pretty much one decent receiver the last two years. M80 was done and was mostly used as a deep decoy with not much production at all.

TB will complement KA well. This is just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

Working...
                          X