• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

We haven't made the playoffs whenever we have had the Bills and Dolphins at home, and the Jets and Patriots on the road (2005, 2011, and 2017). I'd like the team to break this trend.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

The Dolphins game is in LA
      I thought they were at Miami. They played in L.A. at Sofi last season on Sunday night football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I DID forget Waddle.
        can't let Tua make completions to these track stars.
        Does it matter how many 4.3 guys they streak down the field when they don’t have a QB tha can throw it to them?

Captain Obvious, at your service. You. Are. Welcome.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
          The only teams I’m certain will be good on this schedule are the Chiefs and Bills. The Titans can’t decide if they’re rebuilding. The Vikings alternate good and mediocre years and their 2022 statistical profile screams regression more than any team in recent memory. The Cowboys were good last year but will be employing McCarthy’s bold “score less points” strategy. Adding Rodgers to an elite defense sounds great for the Jets, but the thing is it’s much harder maintain an elite defense season to season than it is for an elite offense. The offensive personnel around the Jets is also just okay. Miami could be a contender for the next few years or they could be a one year flash in the pan. The Lions are fun but we’ve seen Goff get figured out before. No one really knows what the Broncos will be and the Raiders don’t have very many good players.

When we look at a new schedule in May, we assume every team will hit the high end of their outlook. That will not be the case.
          This is a fair assessment and I agree, it's hard to judge a schedule in May. If anything, the early bye week bothers me the most.

The two things that ARE consistent, however, we WILL have significant injuries again this year and we have history working against us. Norval Turner was the last HC to have back to back playoff seasons.
          ​​​​​​
          Those two reasons are enough to pump the brakes on any playoff talk this year.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

This is a fair assessment and I agree, it's hard to judge a schedule in May. If anything, the early bye week bothers me the most.

The two things that ARE consistent, however, we WILL have significant injuries again this year and we have history working against us. Norval Turner was the last HC to have back to back playoff seasons.
            ​​​​​​
            SOS = Fool’s Gold, i say!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

​​​​​​
              This is the year of the flip - forget all those past injuries and bad luck.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

This is the year of the flip - forget all those past injuries and bad luck.
                Gonna go with my head and like the last 15 years of objective data on this one and say...we will deal with numerous injuries again this year.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Gonna go with my head and like the last 15 years of objective data on this one and say...we will deal with numerous injuries again this year.
                  Too much is made of injuries.

Chargers missed the playoffs due to excessive injuries once (2014) over the last 20 seasons.

Coaching, talent & 5 east coast trips/4 teams coming off byes did them in the other times they just missed out.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

​​​​​​
                    The only history that matters is the 2023 season that LA Chargers create. The current roster and coaching staff haven't played a single game together yet.
                    We have a load of proven talent who are kinda pissed and excited to silence that "pump the brakes" BS.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Good thing all the games are tough ones against actual NFL teams.
                      That's true . . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

More than 1, yes. Less than last year? Also yes.
                        Are we better prepared? Most positions, yes. DBs TBD.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I'm sure you're right - there will be injuries, but we all know it makes a difference if it's an injury at a position where we have good backups it doesn't hurt as much.

Last year the injuries kept hitting our best players and that hurts. A few years ago we went through a raft of injuries to the same position. When that happens you end up playing people you brought in off the street because you're out of players for that position.

I bet you remember when Rivers had a WR group to throw to that was unknown to him a week earlier. All I'm saying is; it matters where and when you have the injuries and my hope is this year we'll flip that bad luck.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X