• Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    As do we more than half of the time.
    No we don't. We play a 2-4 on passing downs. (Two OLB rush the passer)
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Man, there's no pleasing some people. We've been complaining for years about needing big guys in the middle, we now have a stud big guy in the middle, and some are still complaining.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I hope he's good and stays healthy. Two years ago, it looks like he missed half the games. But, other than that, it seems like he's been healthy most his career. We haven't had a good nose tackle for many years.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          No we don't. We play a 2-4 on passing downs. (Two OLB rush the passer)
          Literally just read today that last season 60% of our defensive snaps were run out of a 4-3.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Hell yes. Bring in more fat guys.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Literally just read today that last season 60% of our defensive snaps were run out of a 4-3.
              I'm guessing that means our linebackers were often lined up as ends, so perhaps you are both right.
              Steve can solve your debate.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                Man, there's no pleasing some people. We've been complaining for years about needing big guys in the middle, we now have a stud big guy in the middle, and some are still complaining.
                Well if you have Google and can read, I hear you can do much better than our current GM... So extrapolate that assumption and adjust for football IQ plus and contact high with Steve like abilities and wala! Arm chair GMs be negging left and right...

I'll weight to see the bigger picture. Will we get a center? Will we draft Bosa? Will we draft a LT? Will we draft a safty? We shall see...

So far I'm excited!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

I know Nick Fairley has some red flags, but he played well for the Rams last season. Bring him in to play DE. Draft Bosa. Presto, our D line looks a hell of a lot better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Of the ones I've read about so far, I'd say this dude is our best signing. We needed to improve the O'line and the defensive front seven more than anything, and Mebane seems like an improvement to the defensive front 7.
                    Unfortunately I had the same reasoning last year when it came to Orlando Franklin, and that, so far, hasn't worked out.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

If he still has gas in the tank, this is a good signing.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Absolutely 100% wrong. When have you seen 4 DL on the field last season? You see 3 DL and an OLB, or 2DL and two OLB.

Also, how can any dude have an "off year" playing next to one of the most dominant DL in the league (Michael Bennett) ?
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                          Absolutely 100% wrong. When have you seen 4 DL on the field last season? You see 3 DL and an OLB, or 2DL and two OLB.

Also, how can any dude have an "off year" playing next to one of the most dominant DL in the league (Michael Bennett) ?
                          Well you will have to tell that to Telesco then.

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers general manager Tom Telesco offered clarification a few months ago when a reporter referred to his team’s defense as a conventional, two-gapping 3-4 defensive front NFL observers have grown accustomed to watching on game days.

Telesco said San Diego’s defense is not your father’s version of the 3-4.

“I know we’re 3-4 on paper,” Telesco said during a season-ending press conference last December. “But it’s as close to a 4-3 as you’re ever going to see. We’re an under and over defense. Guys are in the gaps moving, and very rarely do we line up with a nose tackle head up on the center two-gapping with the two ends two-gapping. We don’t play that type of defense. Its’ a 3-4 by name only.”

Comment

Working...
                          X