Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Well you will have to tell that to Telesco then.

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers general manager Tom Telesco offered clarification a few months ago when a reporter referred to his team’s defense as a conventional, two-gapping 3-4 defensive front NFL observers have grown accustomed to watching on game days.

Telesco said San Diego’s defense is not your father’s version of the 3-4.

I know we’re 3-4 on paper,” Telesco said during a season-ending press conference last December. “But it’s as close to a 4-3 as you’re ever going to see. We’re an under and over defense. Guys are in the gaps moving, and very rarely do we line up with a nose tackle head up on the center two-gapping with the two ends two-gapping. We don’t play that type of defense. Its’ a 3-4 by name only.”
    I believe the proper name for our defense in recent years has been "Sucks."

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Its a new year. And ill go into it upbeat. With hope and faith. Think positive.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Great signing. Unexpected with how deep the draft class is at DT. Still think we can go that route. Our move to a more 43 under/over scheme? Ive been expecting players to be brought in that fit those roles. LEO/5T/1T/3T/. Mebane was a 2 gapping 1T. Thats our new NT in 34 looks as well.

Leo - Bosa
        5T - Carrethers
        1T - Mebane
        3T - Liuget
        SAM - Ingram
        Carrethers as a 5T? I love the big fatties. You ain't moving that line anywhere.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          Carrethers as a 5T? I love the big fatties. You ain't moving that line anywhere.
          The old Red Bryant role at Seattle. Mebane was the 1T. Liuget would be the 3T. So its similar to a 34. But you have Bosa at Leo with his hand on the ground and Ingram playing SAM like Irvin used to. Ingram is a true LB with the speed to play multiple positions. I think it sets him up nicely. Bosa would be a monster in both pass rush and run game. And could even move to 5T in our 34 looks. Play the run. He will be an every down player.

I think we fix the run D with this lineup greatly. And can also move Bosa inside the OT and OG(3T) and put Ingram at Leo and Attaochu at SAM on pass rush downs. Gets 3 stud pass rushers on the field and 2 maulers inside collapsing the pocket.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Beef.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

WHERE'S YUBA?

Wasn't this his mantra since Jamal left? Get a big ugly to plug the middle of our line? To keep our ILB's clean, to let them make plays?

He wasn't the only one mind you, but I remember posters busting his balls about getting a proper NT in here to anchor the line. The Chargers have the been the worst team in the NFL the past 3 years against the run(or close to it). Doesn't matter what kind of pass defense you have: if you can't stop the run, the opposition has no reason to throw the ball.

Looks like they've finally corrected their mistake. Good signing.

Comment

• JDA21
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

love it

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Beef.
                  It does the Bolts good.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    WHERE'S YUBA?

Wasn't this his mantra since Jamal left? Get a big ugly to plug the middle of our line? To keep our ILB's clean, to let them make plays?

He wasn't the only one mind you, but I remember posters busting his balls about getting a proper NT in here to anchor the line. The Chargers have the been the worst team in the NFL the past 3 years against the run(or close to it). Doesn't matter what kind of pass defense you have: if you can't stop the run, the opposition has no reason to throw the ball.

Looks like they've finally corrected their mistake. Good signing.
                    I don't believe anyone busted his balls about the importance of getting a NT. I think they made the point that getting a NT wasn't the paramount objective, that the D could be improved in other ways without necessarily obtaining some superstar NT.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

A lb with his hand in the dirt is essentially a defensive end. Have to look at the alignment, not who is on the field.

Mebane is reported to be a great lockeroom leader who helps younger players and has a great work ethic. This sounds like a very good signing. Carroll and teammates lamenting loss of this guy. He was very effective in the Seahawks scheme.. Hopefully Pagano uses him properly. Still have nagging doubts about our DC.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Love this signing. A quality trench player that can also provide so veteran leadership. Hopefully he can help some with Carrethers and Philon's development.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          A lb with his hand in the dirt is essentially a defensive end. Have to look at the alignment, not who is on the field.
                          Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                          X