• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

My problem with coach D's system was shuffling players allong the line to play out of position instead of plugging injuries with someone who played there before, even if off the street. Moving a guy laterally just seemed to open another hole.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      My problem with coach D's system was shuffling players allong the line to play out of position instead of plugging injuries with someone who played there before, even if off the street. Moving a guy laterally just seemed to open another hole.
      Yeah, it seemed like they took the Versatility idea a little too far with shuffling guys beginning with the earliest OTAs. What was touted as preparedness for injuries turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy 2 years in a row. Obviously you need 1 or more Swing OTs and a couple guys who can play C/G, but having nearly all players practicing all line positions and then multiple moves because of 1 injury during a game seemed to weaken the whole unit. I'm still wondering if the way they practiced or the blocking schemes themselves put guys in position of being more susceptible to leg injuries in games too. Hopefully it turns around this year. At least we won't be going into the season with Porkchops penciled in as our RG and wondering if Fluker or Wat? will eventually replace him or worse yet split time with him.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The 26th rated defense in the league was willing to let their safety walk. (24th passing, 25th rushing)

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016S.php 25th rated Free Agent (not overall) safety..
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
        X