• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

I think we have a right to organize to be paid to post here. What say you, gents?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
      I think we have a right to organize to be paid to post here. What say you, gents?
      Yep...I DEMAND to be compensated for our time, blood, sweat and, especially after the Fins game, tears...POSTERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!!

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

In all seriousness, running backs coming on early that are defined as productive should automatically have either escalator clauses in their contracts or a small percentage tied to the salary cap allocated for their first and second contracts based on their average stats. If they have sufficient receiving yards, they get either additional escalators or points tied to the salary cap.

To be honest, I'd still prefer the market to determine value, but this may be a solution if the NFL and NFLPA want explore subsidies to players based on durability and longevity of their position.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Let's face it there is a good chance Austin Ekeler could have played against the Titans. There's a report that RB's were told by the players union to fake injuries this year and I'm pretty sure AE got the memo. Chargers probably should of cut their losses when he requested a trade. Make more money, be the best fantasy draft player you can be is more important than a winning season? I guess.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            Let's face it there is a good chance Austin Ekeler could have played against the Titans. There's a report that RB's were told by the players union to fake injuries this year and I'm pretty sure AE got the memo. Chargers probably should of cut their losses when he requested a trade.
            There is a better chance it is actually sprained.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is a better chance it is actually sprained.
              Really? Didn't he play after the injury last week?

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

I don’t know where the money would come from but he is worth $10 million to this offense. That much was evident yesterday.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Nick Chubb’s injury illustrates the point RBs and Owners are both making. It’s a tough position with more likelihood of injury which is why players want to be compensated better and why owner’s don’t want to sink a ton of dough into it.

Bijan Robinson shows why a great RB can be the MVP of a team

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...es/ar-AA1gUtc7
                    Ekeler played with his ankle taped last season. This season? No thanks

and I do think Ekeler is hurt. But I also think he’s not going to do everything he can to play.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

For a few plays and then was out at the end of the game. He says it is painful and swollen, something the training staff would surely see. I just don't buy a guy who works so hard like him faking an injury.

And ironically, the rash of mild to serious injuries this week to RBs is exactly why the big contracts are not out there for them.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ekeler played with his ankle taped last season. This season? No thanks

and I do think Ekeler is hurt. But I also think he’s not going to do everything he can to play.
                        Hope that's not the case, but when yer looking at a big payday as a FA (in his mind), the last thing u want to be is damaged goods...

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Nick Chubb’s injury illustrates the point RBs and Owners are both making. It’s a tough position with more likelihood of injury which is why players want to be compensated better and why owner’s don’t want to sink a ton of dough into it.

Bijan Robinson shows why a great RB can be the MVP of a team
                          Bijan looks like a beast but what was the last team to win a title that was built around a RB?

Emmitt Smith's Cowboys??

I feel for these guys because they probably destroy their bodies more than anyone else, but let's face it, they are paid handsomely. Not to sound crass, but they know what they're getting into. All of them do.

At the moment, it's a combination of:

1). Injury prone, short shelf-life position
                          2). You can win without a superstar at the position
                          3). And if guys are going to sit out unless they're 100%, it devalues the position even more

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X