• Send PM

Is Dalvin Cook still out there?

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

He's still out there.

Rumors about the Bills and Patriots swirling.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        He's still out there.

Rumors about the Bills and Patriots swirling.
        The Bills want the Cook brothers? I like Dalvin a lot and I love Austin as well I’m just worried about a potential distraction. That and I’m not sure Eck can carry the load by himself and every time Kelley got a head of steam going he disappeared last year. Could have been Lombo I don’t know. They need to get it figured and with a healthy oline it shouldn’t be that hard. Fuckin fix it our run game sucked last year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Mods--please consolidate all Ekkie posts into one big thread...thanks...
          Kind of hard to do if you throw out a new poll.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I understand that. If Ekkie can get more $$$, more power to him. But again, it's what the market dictates...and now, he's coming up on his THIRD contract, nearing the wrong side of 30...Ekkie is like a salmon swimming against the current...with a whole bunch of hungry bears camped out next to the waterfall...owners will only pay what the market can, ahem, bear...
            Very good! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . didn't see that one coming

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Really? You are blaming Ekeler for the failure in JAX?
              McCafferty saved the 49rs. Did Eckler come up big for us when we needed him?

Comment

• DennisR91
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

AE comes across to me as a humble guy. Does his facts statements hold weight? I think so. But also other positions they don’t make big money either even less than rb.
                he’s not against the chargers it seems that he is against the market conditions.

from him prospective it’s difficult to wear two hats first as a player and second as an advocate for higher rb salary and third as part of a team

my question now is not if he’s right or wrong
                but how does a person in this situation approach this problem and through what bolevards

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post
                  Squeaky wheel does get the grease. That's a proven fact. If it helps out other RBs then what he's doing isn't exactly only for himself.. I really don't blame him for speaking out.
                  In Eckler's case he's costing himself a lot of money next year with all of the public whining. I hope it's worth it to him. I bet he's going to be a happy camper when Herbert gets HIS new deal . . . . . . . . . . .

Blueman said it best - fuck all these millionaires. Most of us would kill to earn 24 mil in a 4 year span, retire before age 30 and live a life of leisure. I might as well go ask my boss to quadruple my pay, because that's what fortune 500 executives get . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
                    AE comes across to me as a humble guy. Does his facts statements hold weight? I think so. But also other positions they don’t make big money either even less than rb.
                    he’s not against the chargers it seems that he is against the market conditions.

from him prospective it’s difficult to wear two hats first as a player and second as an advocate for higher rb salary and third as part of a team

but how does a person in this situation approach this problem and through what bolevards
                    Well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .you can PUBLICLY out and criticize your employer - there's one avenue

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Again with 'rights': I'll assume you mean with what justification or by which ethical basis.

Okay,
                      because their average salary is lower than any other position group save kickers, and their careers are the briefest.
                      One can estimate that the average career earning of a running back is lower than a starting punter .... with a much greater degree of physical injury which continues to plague them after they retire.

It's not a matter of wanting 'more' than other position groups, it's a matter of wanting to make their salaries closer to par.​
                      And who decides what is "par?" Either the players tear up the CBA and negotiate a slotted position salary guideline with step increases based on years, and column increases based on "performance," or we leave it alone as is and let the market decide. Then, the players would have to agree to who decides on "performance" guidelines. Do they go with PFF? Or some combination of websites and/or "experts?" Once you open up the "Par Pandora's box," it has the potential to turn into a form of communism...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

Make no mistake about it...the Bolt management is a BIG PART of the market conditions...otherwise, BellyEkkie wouldn't have gone disgruntled and asked for a trade not too long ago...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Again, the NFL is nowhere close to being a free market.

First and foremost, there is the arbitrary limit to how much money owner's can spend collectively on players.

There are very few actual free markets anywhere: farmer's markets where Ma & Pa Kettle put their produce into a van and drive to the city is the exception.
                          I would say it's still a free market. The salary cap is roughly similar to your bank balance and the ceiling on your credit card...you're not supposed max out your Visa or MasterCard...in the same way, the owners can only budget their money for a max amount each year, depending on how much debt they carry over...
                          Last edited by Topcat; 07-24-2023, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X