• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bolt Brass has bent over backwards to handle BellyEkkie with kid gloves. There have been NO critical comments by TT or the Spani about Ekkie in the press, to my knowledge. In the meantime, Ek has unleashed a tweetstorm referring to the Bolts and other teams as "trash," RIGHT after they gave him $1.7 mil in incentives...then he tries to organize the RB Rebellion...wow, Ekkie is looking more and more like one of those ungrateful kids at Christmas...
    That's what happens when you put coal in their stockings instead of silver dollars. LOL! I really don't think he's pissed about this seasons pay it's really about penning a future contract as he's not getting any younger.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's what happens when you put coal in their stockings instead of silver dollars. LOL! I really don't think he's pissed about this seasons pay it's really about penning a future contract as he's not getting any younger.
      I understand that. If Ekkie can get more $$$, more power to him. But again, it's what the market dictates...and now, he's coming up on his THIRD contract, nearing the wrong side of 30...Ekkie is like a salmon swimming against the current...with a whole bunch of hungry bears camped out next to the waterfall...owners will only pay what the market can, ahem, bear...

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Squeaky wheel does get the grease. That's a proven fact. If it helps out other RBs then what he's doing isn't exactly only for himself.. I really don't blame him for speaking out.
        Last edited by colorado; 07-24-2023, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Zounds!
          Of course he has a right to organize rbs.

What aspect of the NFL is a free market?
          The league owners act as a cartel who lobbied successfully congress for anti-trust exemptions back in the 60's',
          & the league's players are unionized.

WTH?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

If I was EK, I would be very embarrassed to ask for a raise with his stats in JAX
            13 rushes for 35 yards
            2 rec for 8

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I understand that. If Ekkie can get more $$$, more power to him. But again, it's what the market dictates...and now, he's coming up on his THIRD contract, nearing the wrong side of 30...Ekkie is like a salmon swimming against the current...with a whole bunch of hungry bears camped out next to the waterfall...owners will only pay what the market can, ahem, bear...
              Again, the NFL is nowhere close to being a free market.

First and foremost, there is the arbitrary limit to how much money owner's can spend collectively on players.

There are very few actual free markets anywhere: farmer's markets where Ma & Pa Kettle put their produce into a van and drive to the city is the exception.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                If I was EK, I would be very embarrassed to ask for a raise with his stats in JAX
                13 rushes for 35 yards
                2 rec for 8
                Should Herbert be embarrassed to pick up his check for his 2nd half lack of production?
                How about John Spanos?

Lombo took his check and quickly deposited into an account - pretty certain about that.

Comment

• madcaplafs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2022
                  • Send PM

The sad thing for EK is that it's going to get worse. Lots of FA running backs next year, many of which may have a couple of good years left

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplafs View Post
                    The sad thing for EK is that it's going to get worse. Lots of FA running backs next year, many of which may have a couple of good years left
                    And unlike a lot of RBs, Ekeler has made a career out of straining for that extra yard all on his own. It’s impressive, but he’s one wrong strain away from being out for the season (I believe two starting RBs in the league already are, injuries in TC, sucks but reality).

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post
                      Squeaky wheel does get the grease. That's a proven fact. If it helps out other RBs then what he's doing isn't exactly only for himself.. I really don't blame him for speaking out.

I believe he's going to give it all he's got, he's never let anyone down yet.
                      One problem with Squeaky Ekkie is that maybe some of the players from OTHER positions will get disgruntled...what if ASJ starts organizing the DB Bargaining Group? What if Dicker feels underpaid and organizes the Kicker Bargaining Group? Thanks to BellyEkking Ekkie, the possibilities are endless...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Zounds!
                        Of course he has a right to organize rbs.

What aspect of the NFL is a free market?
                        The league owners act as a cartel who lobbied successfully congress for anti-trust exemptions back in the 60's',
                        & the league's players are unionized.

WTH?
                        I'll agree BellyEkkie has the right to organize whatever he wants...the question is, is it wise to do so? I'm afraid this type of position group collective bargaining could ignite some real resentment from other position groups...imagine, someone might say, "what right does Ekkie have to say RB's are more important and should be paid more than my group?"

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I'll agree BellyEkkie has the right to organize whatever he wants...the question is, is it wise to do so? I'm afraid this type of position group collective bargaining could ignite some real resentment from other position groups...imagine, someone might say, "what right does Ekkie have to say RB's are more important and should be paid more than my group?"
                          Again with 'rights': I'll assume you mean with what justification or by which ethical basis.

Okay,
                          because their average salary is lower than any other position group save kickers, and their careers are the briefest.
                          One can estimate that the average career earning of a running back is lower than a starting punter .... with a much greater degree of physical injury which continues to plague them after they retire.

It's not a matter of wanting 'more' than other position groups, it's a matter of wanting to make their salaries closer to par.​

Comment

Working...
                          X