• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

I would think at worse would be inline with the value chart but the premium being paid will weigh in with both favoring the pick owner.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      I would think at worse would be inline with the value chart but the premium being paid will weigh in with both favoring the pick owner.
      Questlove.jpg

Comment

• Screeme
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        please explain why you think we need to totally transform our DL and using what philosophy we need to adapt to? I have been harping for YEARS Don Johnson needed to be replaced because we were not getting any development, and even some regression out of our Dlineman- even high picks like Luiget and Reyes. Now that has happened and I'm excited to see what this guy does in transforming the DL. We currently have Luiget, Mebane, Lissemore, and Carrethers, Philon, Paleipoli- all 3 young guys the team is high on but have missed time with injuries. Unless it's a can't miss edge rusher that truly fall into our laps as BPA and will get a lot of snaps on the DL- I'm not thinking DL is a bigger priority than a Blue Chip Center, probably another highly rated OL guy who can play inside or out, a S to replace Weddle and maybe even ILB before going DL.

Maybe I'm FOS though
        Because I watched these same players play last season. That's why I think that.

Mebane is older, Carreathers was consistently a healthy scratch, so how high can the team be on him. Tenny Palepoi, Lissemore, will suddenly become amazing with a new coach... really?!

The only guy who is sometimes a playmaker is Liuget. You're saying you wouldn't replace Lissemore and Palepoi with Buckner/Lawson & Clark/Johnson and it's not a CLEAR upgrade. We could have a defensive line that might actually stop the run. That offensive lines actually have to deal with and can free up Ingram and Attaouchu to do their thing? Be able to get to the QB without giving him time to cook a full turkey dinner!

We'd also get a safety and center to address our next biggest needs and transform the defense into one that might actually create 4th downs for opposing defenses, instead of just slow the gradual movement down the field.

If you don't think the defensive line needs an infusion of talent.. I don't know what else to say. I feel like we've been watching different teams.

Comment

• Grinners
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
          He mentioned several teams in top 10 spots are having conversations about trades. How many players are worth it? Wow we may have just increased our picks by a shitload..

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
            Using trade value chart
            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-trade-chart/
            #3 pick is valued at 2,200 if we sell it at 2,400 (the past 2 trades have been sold at 109% & 117%)

This would be our options

Team and picks that are close to 2,400
            Cowboys 1st #4, 3rd #67 and 2017 2nd (at #48) adds 2,475
            Jaguars 1st #5, 2nd # 38 and 2017 3rd #69 adds 2,465
            Ravens 1st #6, 2nd #36 and 2017 3rd (#80) and 4th (#112) adds 2,400
            49ers 1st #7, 2nd #37 and a 2017 2nd (at #48) adds 2,450
            Browns 1st #8, 2nd #32 and 2017 2nd (#48) adds 2,410
            Bucs 1st #9, 2nd #38 and 2017 2nd (#48) and 3rd (#80) adds 2,470
            Giants 1st #10, 2nd #40, 3rd #71 and 2017 (#48) adds 2455
            Titans 1st #15, 2nd #43, 3rd #64 and 2017 2nd (#48) and 3rd (#80) adds 2,400
            Jets 1st #20, (2nd # 51, 3rd #83)* and 2017 first (#16) adds 2,415

(In bold are the once I like)
            *The Jets trade would change if they add Wilkerson; It might be #20, (Wilkerson and 4th #118) or (#51 & 83), and 2017 first round)
            Thanks for the Breakdown Rikardo!!!!!!!!!!!
            That Jets trade scenario for 2 First Round picks interests me. At 20 we could still pick up Andrew Billings, he is suppose to be lights out DT..............

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

Mebane is older, Carreathers was consistently a healthy scratch, so how high can the team be on him. Tenny Palepoi, Lissemore, will suddenly become amazing with a new coach... really?!

The only guy who is sometimes a playmaker is Liuget. You're saying you wouldn't replace Lissemore and Palepoi with Buckner/Lawson & Clark/Johnson and it's not a CLEAR upgrade. We could have a defensive line that might actually stop the run. That offensive lines actually have to deal with and can free up Ingram and Attaouchu to do their thing? Be able to get to the QB without giving him time to cook a full turkey dinner!

We'd also get a safety and center to address our next biggest needs and transform the defense into one that might actually create 4th downs for opposing defenses, instead of just slow the gradual movement down the field.

If you don't think the defensive line needs an infusion of talent.. I don't know what else to say. I feel like we've been watching different teams.
              ^This. Why I'm for Bosa at 3.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Maybe if Carrethers had stopped taking on blocks instead of getting out of the way he would have played more.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

there is a convincing case to be made Don Johnson was not getting the talent he had to perform and the biggest problem has been our DLs free lancing instead of maintaining their assignments and failing to make routine plays and giving up way too many big plays because of being out of position (or taking themselves out of the play itself) so often. I think the jury is still out on our 3 younger guys and simply making wholesale player replacements using high draft picks of unproven players is no cure-all to magically fix our DL. It has to start with better coaching IMO.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Need better coaching, definitely. But Bosa is going to be a much better player in the pros than anybody we have on the team currently. We have a dearth of top end talent at almost every position, add one please.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I've been in the trade back camp, since day 1.

I hope it happens.

Unless you are completely enamored with Tunsil or Ramsey. Ramsey is supposed to be one of those "can't miss" once in a handful of years kind of guys. Last 2 safeties I can remember like that were Earl Thomas and Eric Berry. They turned out ok.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

How many of those can't miss prospects have people missed on. A lot of people were saying that about Luke Joeckel and now he is a big part of why people think Jax could trade up for Tunsil. Just saying.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Just choose the best player on the board.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X