Elijah Dotson Makes the Initial 53 (Was Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Every RB we have, besides Ekeler is going to have to prove themselves. A new OC and new scheme is a blank slate. I don't think the RB from last season was as bad as some of their performance may indicate, but they haven't done much to win them any consideration for this year.

I think all the spots (except Ekelers), and even the number of roster spots for RB is up for grabs. Teams are known to carry as few as 3 RB and as many as 5 or 6. But it will depend on the guys we have not only at the RB position, and what they can do. Maybe we carry 1 fewer WR if guys like Moore wants to use Ekeler in the slot, but only if the other guys look both as runners, receivers and pass protectors. Maybe we carry Horvath as an extra FB/TE type as a receiver out of the backfield type. It will depend on how they play, and it's only been 1 game, and a few practices so far. It's still up in the air.

Dotson went out and made the plays that were there. I would have liked to have seen more of him, but he did what he could so far. Good for him. There are only so many plays in PS, and he isn't going to get them all. He has some skills, and I like the highlights from earlier in the thread. Not many RB who can run a route downfield, go up and adjust to the pass and come down with a reception. Some can, but they don't spend a lot of time in practice, so he has some skills you like to see. But he has a ways to go and more stuff to show. I hope he does what he needs to, but ultimately as long as a couple of the young RB show it, we will be fine no matter who they are. I hope they all do to make the coaches job at the end of TC very tough in terms of who deserves the spots and how the roster is composed. I hope all the young guys do.
    My biggest concern with Datsun is can he pass protect or is he just another Nissan?

I love what I've seen from him so far and his college highlights show that he has the catching ability, and not unlike ekeler you can see the adjustments to the ball in the air, catching it off the turf at weird angles etc, and he knows how to make people miss him in space, but if he can't protect Herbert then fuck him we don't need him...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Elijah Dotson 6 carries for 92 yards, 2TDs.

Receiving Skill-set - Dot has fluid receiving skills, superb hand-eye coordination and catches flares and checkdowns with ease. One more thing, Dot returned one kickoff rep last season: he took it to the house for a TD.
      The thing that stands out the most on this video is his ability to catch the ball in traffic, with one hand or two, when it was thrown behind him or in front, too loo or too high, it doesn't matter he comes down with it...the other thing I like is he seems to be one of those backs that understands how to protect himself, you don't see him taking massive hits, everything is dictated by him and how he sets it up, he's got real solid football IQ...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Ok...not gonna sift thru 10 pages, so sorry if I repeat someone elses arguement...

First, 2 big runs on broken outside contain...lets see him do some tough running, break a few tackles, make some moves in traffic, catch some balls....he will need a good preseason to unseat Horvath, because we will be keeping extra WR, Oline, or TE before we keep 5 RBs. Also dont know about his pass pro...

That said, if he balls out, or even looks good the rest of training camp, I like what I see...shades of Ekelor there...but again...gotta stash Horvath...dont know how critical he is to some of Moore's packages, but I could maybe see 12 personel with Mckitty in the backfield filling Horvath's roll on those type of plays...

If he does have a great preseason, he wont survive the practice squad...teams are looking for RBs, but these vets floating around on visits are pricing themselves high...Hunt has 3 teams dangling...even if he signs with one, the demand is obviousley out there...

But still...need to see a lot more...
        Four RBs. Ekeler, Kelley, Spiller, Dotson.
        Rountree has been cut.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Prisoner of the moment.
          My RB Depth Chart.
          1. Ekeler
          2. Spiller
          3. Dotson
          4. Kelley
          Unless something changes drastically this is accurate.
          we know who Kelley is and he's worked very hard to benthe best version of himself which is still a mediocre rb who will get you the yards given by the Olithe. Not knocking it, he's still valuable, especially so in this inside zone scheme, but he's not a creator, Dotson is/can. Dotson can beat defenders to pursuit angles. Is he Darius Davis fast? No, but he's fast enough and already a savvy runner. So if he's behind Kelley on the depth chart it's probably because we trust Kelley more right now.
          but Dotson is already the better running back with much higher upside.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The thing that stands out the most on this video is his ability to catch the ball in traffic, with one hand or two, when it was thrown behind him or in front, too loo or too high, it doesn't matter he comes down with it...the other thing I like is he seems to be one of those backs that understands how to protect himself, you don't see him taking massive hits, everything is dictated by him and how he sets it up, he's got real solid football IQ...
            Nuanced running back skills.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

My biggest concern with Datsun is can he pass protect or is he just another Nissan?

I love what I've seen from him so far and his college highlights show that he has the catching ability, and not unlike ekeler you can see the adjustments to the ball in the air, catching it off the turf at weird angles etc, and he knows how to make people miss him in space, but if he can't protect Herbert then fuck him we don't need him...
              "Did he score a TD Dat-Soon"?

--remake of my dad's dad-joke when he owned a Datsun between 1981 and about 1994.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Rountree has been cut.
                Hoosman can take rountree's spot on the practice squad...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Hopefully Dot is a 300ZX...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Rountree has been cut.
                    I figured that...but you gotta count Horvath...thats 5
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Dude has vision and a second gear when needed. He doesn't have extreme topline speed but does have burst when it counts.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Dude has vision and a second gear when needed. He doesn't have extreme topline speed but does have burst when it counts.
                        Pretty much what I was going to say. He has serious burst. Seems to get caught from behind but that is a good problem to have.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hopefully Dot is a 300ZX...
                          More like a 510.

Comment

Working...