Elijah Dotson Makes the Initial 53 (Was Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't see anyone slobbering over QJ either like you are with Dotson.
    QJs future isn't this year.
    LOL...slobbering...okay Jolt, if slobber is what it takes to keep Dot from being poached, so be it...you'll be thanking me about this time next year, when Ekkie is long gone, and Dot is our #1 scatback...

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

I don't see anyone slobbering over QJ either like you are with Dotson.
      QJs future isn't this year.
      These guys are just another tool in Moore's toolbox...as of late we tend to break a lot of tools during the season. They are solid depth so the wheels don't fly off the bus mid season. We all saw what happened last year so depth is much needed.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...slobbering...okay Jolt, if slobber is what it takes to keep Dot from being poached, so be it...you'll be thanking me about this time next year, when Ekkie is long gone, and Dot is our #1 scatback...
        I got nothing against Dotson but again, RBs are a dime a dozen as I've said before and you play the worried poach game every year. How's Bandy been doing since you worried about him getting poached?

Did you see the list of RBs on practice squads I posted? Not to mention the RBs still available to sign. It's pretty long and none of them are getting poached.

Im just not sold yet on a RB doing well against 3rd stringers against the worst defense in all of preseason to be naming him our #1 in 2024....but sure I give him his due for playing well.

Let's see how the season plays out first. Didn't play out well for Bandy.

If we loose Ekeler and Kelly, we will surely draft another RB. I'm 99.9% certain of that and that guy could be better than Dotson. Just don't know yet.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-06-2023, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I got nothing against Dotson but again, RBs are a dime a dozen as I've said before and you play the worried poach game every year. How's Bandy been doing since you worried about him getting poached?

Did you see the list of RBs on practice squads I posted? Not to mention the RBs still available to sign. It's pretty long and none of them are getting poached.

Im just not sold yet on a RB doing well against 3rd stringers against the worst defense in all of preseason to be naming him our #1 in 2024....but sure I give him his due for playing well.

Let's see how the season plays out first. Didn't play out well for Bandy.

If we loose Ekeler and Kelly, we will surely draft another RB. I'm 99.9% certain of that and that guy could be better than Dotson. Just don't know yet.
          Jolt, there's just one problem with your theory that Dot = Bandy. The Bolt brass kept Dot on the final 53, so they apparently agree with me that Dot would have probably been poached. Bandy, on the other hand, did not make the final 53 and was sent to the practice squad...

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Re: "slobbering"
            no offense Jolt, but for someone who has been slobbering over Georgia TE Brock Bowers as much as you, at least TopKitty is slobbering over an actual Charger on a Chargers fan forum.
            Brock wasn't even eligible for the draft last offseason and you couldn't stop raving about him. We all have our favs, let TopKitty have his.
            Dot has burst and speed, and has flashed enough to earn a spot on the initial 53. Imo he has a bright future as a part of our future at RBBC.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jolt, there's just one problem with your theory that Dot = Bandy. The Bolt brass kept Dot on the final 53, so they apparently agree with me that Dot would have probably been poached. Bandy, on the other hand, did not make the final 53 and was sent to the practice squad...
              I did not say Dot = Bandy.

Just that Bandy was another of your "gonna get poached" guys.

You are right though. Dotson made the 53.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Re: "slobbering"
                no offense Jolt, but for someone who has been slobbering over Georgia TE Brock Bowers as much as you, at least TopKitty is slobbering over an actual Charger on a Chargers fan forum.
                Brock wasn't even eligible for the draft last offseason and you couldn't stop raving about him. We all have our favs, let TopKitty have his.
                Dot has burst and speed, and has flashed enough to earn a spot on the initial 53. Imo he has a bright future as a part of our future at RBBC.
                Actually I liked him as a freshman. Big difference between those two and I want to just be clear that I'm not down at all on Dotson. Comes from a small school and has much to prove is all before we name him our #1 guy in 2024.

Not saying he can't do it but he is a wait and see like any player down on the depth chart.
                But I understand your point.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Hmmm. We've had most of those haymakers and uppercut players for years. We shall see if this is the year your dream of the Chargers floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee comes true or not. Here's to hoping.
                  Good one lol!!!

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                  X