Elijah Dotson Makes the Initial 53 (Was Poll)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If anything, Spiller is RB4 and Horvath and Rountree to the PS...
    I doubt Horvath is on the roster, so yeah he will at best end up on the PS. Kellen Moore doesn't use a FB. In Dallas for the past two seasons he carried 3 RBs 0 FBs. But if both Spiller or Dotson continue to run like they did tonight, he will have to carry 4 RB, unless he wants to let go of Kelley. They won't be able to sneak Spiller or Dotson through on the waiver wire. They will get claimed by another team.

Rountree is history.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I doubt Horvath is on the roster, so yeah he will at best end up on the PS. Kellen Moore doesn't use a FB. In Dallas for the past two seasons he carried 3 RBs 0 FBs. But if both Spiller or Dotson continue to run like they did tonight, he will have to carry 4 RB, unless he wants to let go of Kelley. They won't be able to sneak Spiller or Dotson through on the waiver wire. They will get claimed by another team.

Rountree is history.
      Yep...I think the Rountree experiment is over...and last season, the Bolts hardly used Horvath at all...a wasted spot that could have been used for another DL or DB...

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

They look to have the makings of a solid RB committee now. Ekeler is in his last year with the Chargers. But rotating Ekeler and Spiller/Kelley with Dotson will keep them all fresh. I think Spiller is ready to move past Kelley

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          They look to have the makings of a solid RB committee now. Ekeler is in his last year with the Chargers. But rotating Ekeler and Spiller/Kelley with Dotson will keep them all fresh. I think Spiller is ready to move past Kelley
          That would be nice, and Kelley isn't looking bad at all...I think Moore's ground attack this game is obviously much superior to Lombo's the past two years...especially in the first half, some NICE holes opened up for Kelley, then Dotson's two TD runs in the second half...honestly, our ground game is night and day compared to last year...and Ekkie didn't even play...

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Too early, playing against back-up back-ups. Love what I saw, of course. But let's see it again and against some tougher competition. Also - how is his pass protection? That's usually the determining difference-maker.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Loved what I saw but it was just a preseason game against a bad team's backups so I won't put too much stock in it yet - but he sure did look good.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

it's preseason, but Dotson had a big game. If he wasn't getting a good, long look from the coaches, he is now.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                  Too early, playing against back-up back-ups. Love what I saw, of course. But let's see it again and against some tougher competition. Also - how is his pass protection? That's usually the determining difference-maker.
                  Regardless...I'm still impressed with Dotson. Makes up for not drafting a stud running back in the first or second round.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Gawd I hope so. Kelley had a decent showing though, 6 ypc. He was just the only RB not named Rountree who didn't take one to the house.

Kellen Moore only carried 3 RBs on his Dallas offensive rosters. It will be interesting to see what happens. If Dotson and Spiller continue to light it up in the preseason, he can't take the chance of cutting either one because they will never get through waivers and they will end up on the Raiders or Broncos. Moore may have to carry 4 RBs.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Loved what I saw but it was just a preseason game against a bad team's backups so I won't put too much stock in it yet - but he sure did look good.
                      I get the feeling there's tons more to come with this kid...another cracker jack find?
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• colorado
                        Fan since '62
                        • Jun 2023
                        • Desert Rat
                        • Nothing but time on my hands
                        • Send PM

Dotsons got some wheels, pretty fast.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Gawd I hope so. Kelley had a decent showing though, 6 ypc. He was just the only RB not named Rountree who didn't take one to the house.

Kellen Moore only carried 3 RBs on his Dallas offensive rosters. It will be interesting to see what happens. If Dotson and Spiller continue to light it up in the preseason, he can't take the chance of cutting either one because they will never get through waivers and they will end up on the Raiders or Broncos. Moore may have to carry 4 RBs.
                          If I was going to lose one of them it would be Kelley because he’s been in the league a few years already. I think we’ve seen his cieling. Spiller looks like he’s just scratching the surface. Dotson is our new Darren Sproles

Comment

Working...
                          X