• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Chargers Vs Saints 3 Day Scrimmage/Game Discussion and GDT

I want everything related to todays scrimmage in this thread. Please use it for only info about the practice today. I really want this info to stick out for everyone to read. Its sometimes hard to sift through the opinion and debates in the camp thread. So in a way im using this as a GDT.

ALloha
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Also if there are discussions about this as its happening i didnt see them in the camp thread. If this is being discussed let me know where that is so i can move posts here.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Nice to see Palmer and Mike too. But yes, Keenan is still special.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

According to Popper Austin Johnson passed his physical and was out there today during warm ups. He is still on PUP but this is very good news. I thought he played well in the beginning of the season and I fell our IDL depth is still a little light.

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

I'm the #1 proponent of not overreacting to what looks like a different schedule because a lot changes over the course of a season. That said, look at the Saints schedule:

image.png
              Even with some variance, that is a cakewalk lol. Jacksonville is probably the best team they play all season, then maybe Minnesota? It's insane how many good teams are going to miss the playoffs/be the 6 or 7 seed in the AFC while in the NFC someone is going to randomly win 11 or 12 games by default.

Dennis Allen is a really good defensive coach, so I'm very interested to see how the offense does in these scrimmages. ​

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Keenan has the biggest hands (10 inches) of any Chargers WR. However, I would prefer he not make any diving catches in practice. That looked like an injury waiting to happen.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Yep

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                      I'm the #1 proponent of not overreacting to what looks like a different schedule because a lot changes over the course of a season. That said, look at the Saints schedule:

image.png
                      Even with some variance, that is a cakewalk lol. Jacksonville is probably the best team they play all season, then maybe Minnesota? It's insane how many good teams are going to miss the playoffs/be the 6 or 7 seed in the AFC while in the NFC someone is going to randomly win 11 or 12 games by default.

Dennis Allen is a really good defensive coach, so I'm very interested to see how the offense does in these scrimmages. ​
                      Don't forget about Detroit they're good too, that'll be a big test for the Saints as well...I bet Carr is laughing his ass off looking at that schedule...

as for the merits of the current division setup that keeps good teams out of the playoffs yearly and lets others like the Washington Football Team that went a couple of years ago with a 7-9 record, the buccaneers from last season with a 8-9 record, etc...it has been discussed at length in the past and the league doesn't seem interested in changing the system even when the networks have weighed in on the issue in the past...if the networks can't make the NFL change then who? who knows how many different rivalries could spawn up over night if the league didn't keep the antiquated conference set up going, it's a relic of the past when the NFL didn't want to merge with the AFL and saw themselves as superior...with 32 teams the NFL could afford to make sure that the same teams didn't play each other 3 times in one year, they could make sure that the best 14 teams moved on to the playoffs, EVERY year without exception, and they could also make sure that certain teams didn't so much more than others. At some point they will get a fucking clue and make sure that you don't end up with subpar teams participating in the playoffs and certain teams having cakewalk to the Super Bowl while other "better" teams had to bash their heads in agains the best go limping in to the big game only to lose...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X