• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Keelan Doss and Stone Smartt helped themselves. Stone could make a push to be #2 behind Everett. Parham hasn’t really done much this pre season.

Spiller had a couple of good runs. Dotson did ok until he dropped balls at the end. He did a good job picking up a blitz on one play.

QJ and Deriis Davis both showed that they should be a part of the offense every week. Davis is a weapon in the slot and QJ looked like a pro.

on defense Henley and Woods stood out. Tuli barely played but looked good when he was in there. Clark and Matlock are pretty stout. Matlock need to finish better. Okoye may actually turn into a player. Lynch has also made plays at LB.

mullen was impactful on ST. I wonder if he takes Layne’s spot. It seems the Mark Webb era has drawn to a close
    I don't think they want to use Parham that much in preseason ..... the glass doll thing.

Lombo would have schemed D. Davis right out of the offense, if he was still here.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

I won't be upset if we cut Stick and pick someone else up, but we have to keep in mind that we've never actually seen him with the starting offense. Although I really don't want to see him with the starting offense in a meaningful game, that's when we'll find out if he can do anything for us. With that said, today was really bad for him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Keelan Doss and Stone Smartt helped themselves. Stone could make a push to be #2 behind Everett. Parham hasn’t really done much this pre season.

Spiller had a couple of good runs. Dotson did ok until he dropped balls at the end. He did a good job picking up a blitz on one play.

QJ and Deriis Davis both showed that they should be a part of the offense every week. Davis is a weapon in the slot and QJ looked like a pro.

on defense Henley and Woods stood out. Tuli barely played but looked good when he was in there. Clark and Matlock are pretty stout. Matlock need to finish better. Okoye may actually turn into a player. Lynch has also made plays at LB.

mullen was impactful on ST. I wonder if he takes Layne’s spot. It seems the Mark Webb era has drawn to a close
        We are gonna regret not drafting a TE. This draft was loaded. Maybe McKitty can save us.

Okoye for ProBowl.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

It was what I expected from a pre-season game... without starters. This was purely about depth.

Where we have depth:
          RB: We have 4. Need to decide on Horvath.
          WR: Nice to see DD is a WR, too. I think Doss is the #6
          EDGE: Tuli plays strong. Rumph looks stronger. Farmar is a pleasant surprise.
          IDL: Clark, Matlock, Hinton, Moa. All of these guys have been very good vs. the run.

Henley looked good tonight... so there is hope @ILB
          JT Woods had a pretty good night... some of our fears about his physicality have subsided.

The IOL depth looked up and down... Clapp, Jaimes, and McFadden all had moments tonight (good and bad).
          Tho OT's may be a problem. Pleasants and Sarrell both had trouble tonight.
          Stick sucks. Jacquet sucks. Cam Brown looked lost. Ja'Sir and Deanne were up and down... I have worries about CB depth.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            I won't be upset if we cut Stick and pick someone else up, but we have to keep in mind that we've never actually seen him with the starting offense. Although I really don't want to see him with the starting offense in a meaningful game, that's when we'll find out if he can do anything for us. With that said, today was really bad for him.
            That would be a mistake...Stick gets an A for Rams game, and did enough in the second half to earn a C+ in Saints game. The fact that the Bolts didn't even use Carrothead means that Stick is the only one we can depend on...if anything, send Carrothead to the PS and pick up a vet for QB3...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We are gonna regret not drafting a TE. This draft was loaded. Maybe McKitty can save us.

Okoye for ProBowl.
              As long as Everett stays healthy we’re good. Parham/Stone are good receivers. McKitty could leave and I wouldn’t miss him for a second

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                It was what I expected from a pre-season game... without starters. This was purely about depth.

Ja'Sir and Deanne were up and down... I have worries about CB depth.
                It looks like Ja’Sir has taken a step back and Deanne has taken a step forward

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That would be a mistake...Stick gets an A for Rams game, and did enough in the second half to earn a C+ in Saints game. The fact that the Bolts didn't even use Carrothead means that Stick is the only one we can depend on...if anything, send Carrothead to the PS and pick up a vet for QB3...
                  It depends who's out there. I don't pay attention to how well other teams' backup quarterbacks are performing, but if say the Titans decide to make Will Levis the backup and drop Malik Willis I won't cry if Moore decides he wants Willis to be his backup quarterback.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

As long as Everett stays healthy we’re good. Parham/Stone are good receivers. McKitty could leave and I wouldn’t miss him for a second
                    Yeah, Stone keeps improving. Needs to get stronger, still.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Thoughts on Bolts-Saints game:

1. Stick was inconsistent, but did enough to earn a C+ grade. Kind of reckless on throws sometimes, leading to picks. Saw a couple of passes batted down. Needs to put a bit more of an arc on short passes to flats or they could get batted down. Hurry up O works well for him. Nice clutch throw to Bynum on 4th and very long for that first down. Nice scrambles to bail us out. Stick still shows a lot of upside.

2. Dot runs pretty well inside...just needs to improve receiving. That first drop was a tough one to grab. Second one hit him on numbers/helmet...no excuse there. I still think the Bolts need to keep him on final 53 or he gets poached.

3. QJ had some nice catches, along with DD and Bynum, Doss and Smartt.

4. Henley looked very solid. Love his sure tackles, and had a nice TFL. Tackles a LOT better than K9...Henley and Kemp teamed up for a nice sack...

5. Spiller runs strong, nice cuts and nice burst. Kelley is solid, good for 4-5 yds, but Spiller is more of a threat to break off a long one...

6. Jacquet made a nice play to break up a TD in EZ...Hankins also had a nice PD in EZ...

7. Like how Tuli knifed in to backfield to tackle the RB...wow, he's quick...

8. Matlock had a nice sack...also like how he hustled about 5 yds to make a tackle on ballcarrier after he passed the LOS...like to see that kind of relentless pursuit by a DT...Matlock also had a blocked FG attempt that was called back due to a penalty...a lot to like with this dude...

9. Okoye is a real run-stopping force...love how he clogs the middle to make tackles...

10. Woods had a nice PD and tackles

11. Mullen is a great open field tackler, especially on ST's

12. Farmer brought some nice pressure...

13. McFadden not quite ready for prime time...got beat like a drum 3 times or more by Lalos for sacks...

14. I like Sarell better at RT than LT...Pleasants at LT was better than Sarell was at LT last week...

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

After watching this game I think we should trade for Trey Lance. Stick makes Lance look Good.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but some of those sacks and hits were on Stick. Get rid of the ball or run. It's not like he didn't have time to throw.
                          Yep...coverage sacks...Stick could have scrambled out of a couple of those sacks, but I got the impression Staley told him to try to get the ball to as many receivers as possible to grade their catches and YAC...

Comment

Working...
                          X