Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    When Steve found that out, he changed his pick.
    LOL...it wasn't just Steve and PFF who loved Bosa. Draftek.com rated him very high, they actually had Bosa/Henry mocked 1-2 for weeks, then in the last mock they switched to Buckner.

Here is the commentary:

Well, after countless weeks of listing Joey Bosa as the pick to the Bolts... After countless times of explaining why he's the best player in the draft... After numerous discussions about his better-than-advertised Combine performance... I talked myself out of Bosa and predicted that it would be Buckner. Looking back, I'm a fool. Fortunately, for Chargers fans, Tom Telesco isn't. Joey Bosa is the #1 prospect in this draft, according to ProFootballFocus.com, and this is a very solid, if surprising, pick. Telesco kept his draft plans a secret to the bitter end, but he ended up with the right player. Grade: A
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'll admit I got suckered into the 'lower ceiling' dig on him, based on measurables. If that was the case, he may have been underdrafted like J.J. Watt. He doesn't have the fast twitch that Von Miller has, but he's not going to be used exclusively as a pass rusher.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pags does with him, and how they are going build around him and use his skills. Polian did a post draft assessment where he admitted he talked to TT about him (not sure if it was pre draft) that he countered all the concerns he had with Buckner as strengths for Bosa. Same with Josh Perry... I think Pags has a better idea on how to use him than OSU did.

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

what bosA excels at is his 5 to ten yard bursts.

Man that dude is so quick off the ball.

I don't get the stuff that he is not an elite athlete?

Really?

If the dude gets 7 sacks this year, he is the best player tt has drafted outside of Allen.

Flat out best player in the draft.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          It's kinda ironic that Steve and PFF had Bosa ranked #1 on their boards
          Limey bastards!
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Limey bastards!
            they are trying to provoke him

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
              what bosA excels at is his 5 to ten yard bursts.

Man that dude is so quick off the ball.

I don't get the stuff that he is not an elite athlete?

Really?

If the dude gets 7 sacks this year, he is the best player tt has drafted outside of Allen.

Flat out best player in the draft.
              and he is only 20 years old, just wait until he reaches NFL puberty!!!!!
              Put him Ingram and J. Brown in on Blitz packages.....................WOW!

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Played 34NT in high school.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm not sure what swayed me to Bosa more. Was it Heat's post? Was it accepting his weight wouldn't be an issue? I was hung up on his lack of weight detracting any kind of interior penetration (if he'd ever get lined up there). I mean if his total game is outside then obviously that will limit his production. So I was definitely worried about Bosa's ceiling. WAS.

Then I heard again how coveted this guy was before the rise of the QB's. That probably fixed me more than anything. We got the draft's best player at pick #3 because two desperate for QB teams traded ahead of us. We got real lucky.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• X-man
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Curious to see how some draft pundits were so fixated on the Chargers o-line while totally overlooking the run defense last year. Some of these same pundits seemingly saw similar defenses like Dallas (another Wade Phillips influenced defense), Jacksonville & Baltimore (two more hybrid defenses) as better fits for a Joey Bosa pick. This article needs a little editing but does a good job of explaining why Joey Bosa very much has the potential to thrive in John Paganos hybrid defense.

Last edited by X-man; 05-02-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Asela
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                      I think he is entitled to his opinion. I am not completely sold on the guy, at least as a DE. He doesn't appear to be athletic enough for an OLB and, from what I read, is more of a technique guy than a mauler. If he adds 10-20 pounds he is still a bit small for a 3-4 DE. But, sometimes guys without great numbers play football better than they are "supposed" to and we have to wait to see how he will be used. I have long advocated for looking more toward the defense, especially in the front 7 and, specifically, with someone who can get to the QB. Adding Perry does add a physical component to the mix (though drafting him means we have drafted 4 ILBs in 4 years, 3 in the last 2) but he seems to be a bit limited in his athleticism.
                      While I was not expected him to be the 3rd pick in the draft, listening to interviews and reviews I am much more comfortable with the Bosa pick. I do think that Dallas would've picked him if we didn't so we had to get him at #3 if we wanted him.

Listening to a couple of interviews this morning, Bosa sounds extremely teachable. Very much a tactician that wants to learn everything, Pagano was saying how everything he said Bosa was hyper focused and he could see him processing each thing he was saying. Bosa sounds like he has a very high Football IQ. I hope he can translate that into instinctive play (which would make him much faster than his numbers). Sometimes your brain will know what to do, but the body doesn't always cooperate

Comment

• Asela
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                        I don't think Bosa will be bad. I just don't see near the athleticism that one needs to be an elite front 7 player in the NFL. I think it's a mistake to just draft athletes as opposed to football players. Bosa is very clearly a football player. I actually think that Ramsey is more of an athlete than a football player and don't think he'll be the elite shutdown corner that people are projecting.
                        I heard an interview with Jay Glaiser(sp?) on XM talking about the dinner he had with Ramsey. He was with another media person (NFL Network guy) having dinner with Ramsey and was thoroughly impressed. After dinner, they realized that Ramsey didn't even look at his phone once during dinner, and they thought, when do you ever see a 20yo not look at his phone. Glaiser is pretty confident that Ramsey is the real deal. Smart guy, passionate about football. He said at dinner he would rather play in JAX close to family than making more money at an earlier pick. So it was a dream come true for Ramsey to go to the Jags.

I don't think the comparisons to Jammer is fair. Ramsey sounds much more intelligent than Jammer and he's a lot faster and smoother with transition. He just doesn't have great hands, but when he does get the INT, I thought Ramsey took 2 back for TDs. Jammer never had that kind of elusiveness running with the ball. Also, Jammer showed you could improve your hands to some degree, as he made improvements later in his career and stopped out right dropping INTs.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
                          Curious to see how some draft pundits were so fixated on the Chargers o-line while totally overloking the run defense last year. Some of these same pundits seemingly saw similar defenses like Dallas (another Wade Phillips influenced defense), Jacksonville & Baltimore (two more hybrid defenses) as better fits for a Joey Bosa pick. This article needs a little editing but does a good job of explaining why Joey Bosa very much has the potential to thrive in John Paganos hybrid defense.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...fense#comments
                          Good stuff, thanks

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X