Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    I agree it isn't legitimate, but the Chargers can't claim they have made a legitimate offer in moving from 50% to 58% and then claim they are negotiating against themselves. Its like offering 300K on a house worth 600K and expecting a response but then stating you won't negotiate against yourself when you haven't even made a real offer. Its completely stupid, agree again, the total amount is set. Eveyone else is signed, and CAA had three first rounders. Chargers have one. He's the only one that isn't signed. If they get up to above Elliot and Bosa still isn't in camp, that would be different. Where they are today, its on the Chargers IMO.
    sorta agree in general-but- the Chargers haven't given offset or paid 100% bonus without deferment to ANY of their other players on the roster. So the fact they are/were even negotiating on that issue at all is big- for them. I'm sure they are not going to accept opening the flood gates to every succeediing contract demanding both 100% bonus and no offset from here on out because of a snot nosed 20 yr old mama's boy. This is Condom trying to break their mold and embarrass them in their own house, as well as setting up future contracts in his favor. Had CAA played the negotiating game like everyone else normally does and let the team save face a little and act like it was a hard fought battle before they gave in, we probably wouldn't be at this point IMO. I don't see a surrender here any time soon.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      sorta agree in general-but- the Chargers haven't given offset or paid 100% bonus without deferment to ANY of their other players on the roster. So the fact they are/were even negotiating on that issue at all is big- for them. I'm sure they are not going to accept opening the flood gates to every succeediing contract demanding both 100% bonus and no offset from here on out because of a snot nosed 20 yr old mama's boy. This is Condom trying to break their mold and embarrass them in their own house, as well as setting up future contracts in his favor. Had CAA played the negotiating game like everyone else normally does and let the team save face a little and act like it was a hard fought battle before they gave in, we probably wouldn't be at this point IMO. I don't see a surrender here any time soon.
      I'm not saying they should offer 100% bonus or no offset language. But they should offer more than what the 4 pick got and less than what the 2 pick got, its how the system works in the industry they are in. If they don't like the situation, maybe try not to go 4-12 or else trade away a top-5 pick. Big for them doesn't matter at all in this discussion and this is hardly opening pandora's box, imo. Slotting is how its been done forever.

If they're concerned about cash flow, keep the bonus where it is and leave out offset languate. Its not likely that he gets cut during the life span of the contract, and if they were planning on cutting him, the amount of the offset would be minimal anyway? Why would they cut him if he's good enough to make more than the minimum and the money is guaranteed?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

It would be nice if the Bolts were this concerned about winning on the field.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I agree it isn't legitimate, but the Chargers can't claim they have made a legitimate offer in moving from 50% to 58% and then claim they are negotiating against themselves. Its like offering 300K on a house worth 600K and expecting a response but then stating you won't negotiate against yourself when you haven't even made a real offer. Its completely stupid, agree again, the total amount is set. Eveyone else is signed, and CAA had three first rounders. Chargers have one. He's the only one that isn't signed. If they get up to above Elliot and Bosa still isn't in camp, that would be different. Where they are today, its on the Chargers IMO.
          The Chargers made an opening offer and have reportedly raised it more than once. CAA made an opening offer and refuses to budge from it. Therefore, the Chargers are negotiating against themselves.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            The Chargers made an opening offer and have reportedly raised it more than once. CAA made an opening offer and refuses to budge from it. Therefore, the Chargers are negotiating against themselves.
            Disagreem neither side has made a good faith offer, imo. I do try to see things from the owners side, but this one is just bad. Offering less than Elliot? Complete dick move and non-offer. Again, imo. Condon does suck, but his other guys are signed. Lucky us.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              I've been doing that for 3-4 years now. What else is there to do but laugh...AT the Chargers. They're the Clown Princes of the NFL. A total joke. I'm surprised they even got one Free Agent to sign here. Top Five draft pick, again, for this bunch of UNlovable losers.
              You should really move on and find another team or something else to do with your time. You do nothing but bitch about the team and admit you don't even watch the games. None of my business but seems like there are more useful things to do with your time. Hey, go plant a tree. Volunteer to mentor a kid. But maybe you're just too toxic of a person.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Disagreem neither side has made a good faith offer, imo. I do try to see things from the owners side, but this one is just bad. Offering less than Elliot? Complete dick move and non-offer. Again, imo. Condon does suck, but his other guys are signed. Lucky us.
                Both the Chargers and CAA are proposing contracts that are both way below/above what other picks got, yet the Chargers are the ones pulling a dick move? Scratching my head on this logic. As you said, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  You should really move on and find another team or something else to do with your time. You do nothing but bitch about the team and admit you don't even watch the games. None of my business but seems like there are more useful things to do with your time. Hey, go plant a tree. Volunteer to mentor a kid. But maybe you're just too toxic of a person.
                  I thought he already did move on to a new team!

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

The kid and his family don't want him to be a Charger. Daddy didn't want him to be drafted by Bolts, mommy wanted to pull an Eli. The agent hates the bolts. He has GUARATEED $17 million bonus and $26 overall. Two Hall of Fame Chargers have told him to take care of his own business and remember his agent works for him. They both had CAA as agent. This entitled kid has won the lottery and thinks he's getting fucked over.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                      The kid and his family don't want him to be a Charger. Daddy didn't want him to be drafted by Bolts, mommy wanted to pull an Eli. The agent hates the bolts. He has GUARATEED $17 million bonus and $26 overall. Two Hall of Fame Chargers have told him to take care of his own business and remember his agent works for him. They both had CAA as agent. This entitled kid has won the lottery and thinks he's getting fucked over.
                      His dad didn't want him to be drafted by the Chargers? Haven't heard that one. Honestly, anything coming out now is just noise and frustration that will likely quickly be forgotten once he finally gets here.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

I can't remember where but article today saying dad didn't want him drafted by Chargers because they were 3-4 and would be bad for his career. We know mommy wanted to pull an Eli. All can be forgiven when he gets on the team and starts making plays, but the facts seem to be he ain't happy being a Charger.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          Ya got that right. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist replying to one of my posts, eventually. You're like a cockroach; just can't keep you away.

I have a suggestion for you: Give it up. Nothing you say has any meaning to me; nothing you say matters.

But, to be fair, your post does contain a kernel of truth: Slowly, but surely, the Chargers are fading into irrelevance. Little by little, as they continue to bumble and stumble around, it's becoming less and less satisfying for me to even waste my time mocking them. So, hang in there, BKR. One day, soon, your wish (and the wish of many others here) will come true.

Comment

Working...
                          X