• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If the Cardinals want to trade back and then up again to #5, Hortiz should make it clear they'll be able to keep practically nothing.
    I think he made it really clear today that it’s going to cost you. A lot.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      Nutty's Mock:

It hasn't changed much over the last few weeks. It is OL-Centric and has some Michigan players where they slot.
      It starts with a trade-back with Minnesota. We get #11 and #23. No more. No less. The Cardinals do the obvious and take MHJ @#4.

#11 RT Taliese Fuaga: Best run blocker in the draft.
      #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper: QB Hunter. A lot of the same traits that JH and JH like.
      #39 DT Kris Jenkins: Michigan know-how.
      #69 CB Mike Sainristil: Michigan know-how. Slot corners fall. Tough.
      #105 WR Brendan Rice: Jerry's son knows how to run routes. Perfect for play-action.
      #110 RG Zak Zinter: No more messing around @RG. Salyer can be depth @RG and @LT.
      #140 TE Jared Wiley: Good at run/catch. Development.
      #181 S Josh Proctor. Tough, physical.
      #225 RB George Holani. FA Dobbins pushes RB down my mock. Holani is tough.
      #253 EDGE Jaylen Harrell. Minter used him as pass rusher and dropped him into coverage a lot.
      Hortiz disagrees with you there Boltnut.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Hortiz disagrees with you there Boltnut.
        I call bullshit.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Chargers GM Joe Hortiz: "If four quarterbacks go ahead of us, we believe we have the first pick of the draft." re: a trade: "it's gotta be good value for us."
          Asked again, he says
          he anticipates four quarterbacks going in the first four picks.

He knows this because he's in serious chatter with a few teams about pick #5, along with the jerk on the Cardinals.
          Figures the Cardinals are going to trade out.
          Well, if this does happen. The Chargers start that 15-minute clock and Hortiz picks up the phone and says "Hey, I'll call you right back in 16-Minutes".

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Hopefully Hortiz doesn’t make these mistakes.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

No sir. I hate to sound like a broken record on this but the teams ratings for WR1 are not simply MHJ or bust.
              I keep reading about these scenarios and warning people that there's another Receiver and asking the question for people to ponder. Is it possible they have a very high grade on Nabers?
              In fact, would your hypothesis change if they actually had the SAME exact grade on MHJ and Nabers? I'm just asking........
              If your asking my opinion on who I would take given that MH2, Nabers and Odunze all there I would take MH2 and I'll tell you why.

#1 He is a better prospect than Odunze. Although I do like Odunze, MH2 is the more polished WR and can do everything well.

#2 MH2 over Nabers. Not necessarily because of talent. Nabers is an athletic freak. He's explosive and a dangerous after the
              catch because of his speed. But a leg injury can take away a big part of his game. MH2 is the bigger guy and he doesn't necessarily
              rely on athletic ability as much as Naber does. Probably will have a longer shelf life.

With that said I'd be OK with any of those three.

I do think Bowers would be the best fit for what Harbaugh wants to do. But @5 he will not be BPA.

Betting odds favor us taking Nabers assuming we stay @5.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Well, if this does happen. The Chargers start that 15-minute clock and Hortiz picks up the phone and says "Hey, I'll call you right back in 16-Minutes".
                Except the 1st round is only 10 minutes.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

We all know who Joe Hortiz means when says, "we'll have the #1 pick in the draft".

You know it, I know it, the Cardinals know it.
                  And just to be clear... it's not Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze, or Joe Alt, or Brock Bowers...

So, yes, it will take a big haul to move into #5... if indeed the Cardinals are stupid enough to trade out of #4.
                  If the Vikings trade their #11, #23, and next year's 1st round pick... then they have no other pick until the 4th round this year and 3rd round next year. If they actually trade into the #4 spot... then they are stupid, too.

Nutty puts no confidence in rumors during Liar's Month.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

If the Cardinals want to trade back and then up again to #5, Hortiz should make it clear they'll be able to keep practically nothing.
                    I think he already did.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

MHJr at 5 has become my favorite target. Size counts in the NFL. Herbie needs that big time receiver to maximize his big time skills.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• bman6555
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Hopefully Hortiz doesn’t make these mistakes.

Great article.
                        Picking Brock Bowers would be at least 4 of those 6 traps. Unless we trade down that's the only pick that's a landmine at #5 (compared to a WR or Tackle).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          MHJr at 5 has become my favorite target. Size counts in the NFL. Herbie needs that big time receiver to maximize his big time skills.
                          It now appears to be a very real option.

If Arizona blinks, they'll stay put and draft Harrison Jr.,
                          if they go ahead and trade back, they aren't going to afford trading back up for him.

Horvitz is applying pressure on the jerk in Arizona; i'd guess Horvits prefers that Arizona stays put; but if not, he'd be happy to grab Harrison Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X