• Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm finding that hard to believe.

First of all, I don't think he would let that out if he really believed it. The only way he lets that out is to make it more intriguing to move up to #5.

Secondly, Hortiz has been working in the NFL since 1998. Since 1998, Randy Moss (who fell because of character concerns), Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Julio Jones were drafted. I find it very hard to believe that Hortiz thinks Nabers is a better prospect than any of those wide receivers were coming out of college, particularly Calvin Johnson.
    So if Hortiz actually selects Nabers at #5, he blatantly advertised it all along. Kinda funny, in a certain way.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Has Alt gone up against anyone comparable to Latu?
      Fuaga had little problems with him.

I watched Alt against Ohio State a ways back; I remember him having some problems starting out but settled down.
      I think that was the game where Alt got rag dolled by a DT, something you never want to see from a #5 pick.
      When I watched the highlights of Alt I came away thinking he got pushed back an awful lot. He wasn’t giving up sacks but almost every play he got knocked back. it just seemed like he was not strong enough as you’d like to see. I could be wrong but that was my take.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

The Ohio State contained some of Alt's worst plays. He is still very consistent. It is a very good idea to pause when personal observations don't match up with what the experts say. It must be recognized that many of them now predict we will draft Alt @ #5. I would expect Roman to design running plays that neutralize and trap opponents EDGE players. There will be TE, RB, FB help.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I agree. They [Cards] have everything that they need right now, regarding picks. I don't see the point in making that trade last year only to do it all over again when they have a shot at someone like Harrison. It defeats the purpose.

If they truly want to run the ball and protect the QB...

Clearly, that's not the main concern for many on this forum.
          The Cards have 7 picks in the Top-100... they don't need more picks. They need players. They need a WR.
          They are lucky that they have 3 teams in front of them that are desperate for QB's... it's the only reason a player like MHJ would be there @#4.

Harbaugh said, "If 4 QB's go 1-4... it's like having the #1 pick @#5". We all know who he's talking about. We also all know they'd like to trade back to #11 and get #23 also. We want to run the ball... and there is no better run-blocking OT than Fuaga.

If the Cards get cute and try to steal our trade-back... we will steal the best non-QB from them (MHJ).
          The Cards have been put on notice... fuck around and find out.

I love me some OT @#5 or @11. I like Nabers. I like Odunze. I like Bowers. Any of those players would also be OK with me @#5 or #11. But I have the 3 QB's and MHJ as the top 4 players.... better than any of the rest. And if MHJ is there @#5... everybody knows what happens. Everybody.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I am the dude here who subscribes to Brandon Thorn's Trench Warfare Substack. He did a session with Alt back in February. There is a lot of detailed and visual information. Since you do not put much weight in my takes, well, the subscription is very economical.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Whether we draft Alt at #5 or we do something different is one thing.

Separate from that is an accurate description of his play.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                The Ohio State contained some of Alt's worst plays. He is still very consistent. It is a very good idea to pause when personal observations don't match up with what the experts say. It must be recognized that many of them now predict we will draft Alt @ #5. I would expect Roman to design running plays that neutralize and trap opponents EDGE players. There will be TE, RB, FB help.
                Can’t they do that with Pip or Salyer, use that pick more wisely?

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

And... if Nabers is "the best WR Hortiz has ever scouted"... then he's gone @#6 to the Giants (with the top-4 QB's gone). Right after we pick MHJ.
                  Certainly the Cardinals must know this. IMO, all this sloppy chitter-chatter is just a reminder for them. Liars Month is just chumming the waters and eye-winking sport. GM's are doing it for shits-and-giggles. Writers are getting their click-bait.

#4 MHJ
                  #6 Nabers
                  And Odunze @#8, 9, or 10... the Cards are screwed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

So if Hortiz actually selects Nabers at #5, he blatantly advertised it all along. Kinda funny, in a certain way.
                    Ahhh, the ultimate liars month con: tell the truth. GENIUS!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If Hortiz actually picks Nabers @#5... he is blatantly lying about wanting to run the ball and protecting the QB... he would be blatantly ignoring all the tape he has on Plumpkins.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Can’t they do that with Pip or Salyer, use that pick more wisely?
                        Pipkins has a contract.
                        Trey is on the list of people we could do this with.
                        Wisdom would be reluctantly admitting that Alt is ~ #5 overall.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If Hortiz actually picks Nabers @#5... he is blatantly lying about wanting to run the ball and protecting the QB... he would be blatantly ignoring all the tape he has on Plumpkins.
                          Whoa. Thats a rather rash hyperbolic condemnation.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X