• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
    Latham at 5 would be a shock, but it makes some sense. He is huge, strong, a natural right tackle who might also be able to play guard. According to Brugler's "The Beast" guide, takes pride in his self-given nickname "Trench King". More of a natural fit for us than Alt, given Slater's stranglehold on left tackle. Not crazy about the value, and many have Fuaga a tick ahead. But in the end, if that's the guy Harbaugh thinks he needs to help establish that this team will be a tough, dominant, take-no-prisoners line of scrimmage team, and he doesn't want to risk waiting to pick him on a trade-down, I'm fine with it.

Still hoping that Hortiz would be able to trade back and still pick whoever they really want to pick. If they do want Latham, I wonder if they might be worried that Tennessee at seven might pick him. But unless Alt's stock is lower than we think, the Titans would appear to need a left tackle over a right tackle. Maybe they would worry about the Jets at 10. With Fuaga and Latham so close in value to many evaluators, and options for other teams at left tackle, I think the risk of a trade-down is reasonable, and worth it. But in the end, in Jim (and Joe) I trust.
    I get the pick, that’s not really the issue, it’s just where the pick is being made. That’s really high for a RT.
    But that’s just my “unprofessional opinion” without contacts and a fake website behind me saying that…

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, there are some stories of some of these draft gurus and their biggest misses...like this one on Mel Kiper:

https://firstsportz.com/nfl-mel-kipe...s-of-all-time/
      I was watching Mel Kiper a few weeks ago say that CHI could trade Fields to ATL for pick 8….
      These clowns are in it for the clickbait. They want the views.

Then nobody calls them out on the idiocy later.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

I would prefer Latham @#11, but if the Bolts can't swing that deal with the Vikes, Latham or Fuaga @#5 would not be terrible reaches...they're both RT's which avoids the Alt questionable switch idea to RT...so, if Latham fits what Harbo and Trader Joe and Roman want to do with the ground game, go for it...
        Yeah, it’s not a bad pick. It’s just 5 is so damn high…
        It would be nice if LAC could swap with ATL or CHI and grab a 3rd…

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Exciting stuff, but i am preparing myself that we are taking Alt at 5. Sounding more like that.
          I am prepared for that as well. And Murphy out of Texas. Maye with a move back.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I don’t know if it’s making a living. I think it’s more trying not to get a real job.
            I don’t want my football takes on a cheesedick website. I already have a successful career.
            You seem really flustered with other people’s opinions of these clowns….
            Hang in there, man…

Some would call success getting paid for something that is a passion. Not sure why that doesnt constitute a real job.

Not flustered at all. I am totally fine with people having different opinions. Just think that can be stated without the need to call people idiots and clowns. Too much of that shit on the internet with people throwing insults at peope from behind the safety of their keyboards at home.

We will leave it here and see if Latham ends up a Charger tomorrow.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Some would call success getting paid for something that is a passion. Not sure why that doesnt constitute a real job.

Not flustered at all. I am totally fine with people having different opinions. Just think that can be stated without the need to call people idiots and clowns. Too much of that shit on the internet with people throwing insults at peope from behind the safety of their keyboards at home.

We will leave it here and see if Latham ends up a Charger tomorrow.
              Lots of typing for being totally fine with my opinion…
              Hang in there…

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

don't get it.... East Coast bias ?? c'mon now Joe Joe
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Actually, there are some stories of some of these draft gurus and their biggest misses...like this one on Mel Kiper:

https://firstsportz.com/nfl-mel-kipe...s-of-all-time/
                  Of course they miss. Not really sure why that is even brought up and held against them. The draft is a very ineaxct science and these guys arent even in the draft rooms, all they can do is gather information and speculate. Getting no picks wrong is an impossibility.

The GMs and scouts on NFL teams get picks wrong in the first round constantly. They dont get the draft right all the time either.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I get the pick, that’s not really the issue, it’s just where the pick is being made. That’s really high for a RT.
                    But that’s just my “unprofessional opinion” without contacts and a fake website behind me saying that…
                    I want to drop this but I have to ask why is PFF a fake website? It is the mock draft simualtor that everyone in the industry uses including NFL teams. What is fake about PFF? Curious

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I am prepared for that as well. And Murphy out of Texas. Maye with a move back.
                      Lol Now I am preparing for Latham at 5!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

One thing that is clear to me is that Latham plays an entirely different game than Alt or Fuaga.

Latham is a powerful drive blocker, and that is plain obvious in watching game videos.

Alt and Fuaga are very good at the second level, quite effective out in space.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          One thing that is clear to me is that Latham plays an entirely different game than Alt or Fuaga.

Latham is a powerful drive blocker, and that is plain obvious in watching game videos.

Alt and Fuaga are very good at the second level, quite effective out in space.
                          Just curious, Wu, out of those 3, which guy do you think would be a best fit for the Bolts?

Comment

Working...
                          X