• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...I hope they draft a road-grading pass pro OG early...and maybe C depth in round 4-5...
    From a need perspective - I get it. I want a big strong IDL like Jamal Williams or the the trio of Hand, Parella and Davis for sure and on offense the best OL possible - I want all of that. And I get it too.

But picking number 5 - that is not the time to overthink it. That is the time to just be like "hey you kidding me, Marvin Harrison Jr is there and the trade back isn't good enough" - MHJr it is.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

His weight and his ability to manage it would be my biggest concern with Latham. Not to mention, that last play in the Rose Bowl was the biggest play of his life and it was pretty weak. I get it, one play does not make a career but...

I'm sill in the Bowers camp!
      So, u think Latham could be a Toinu Fonoti 2.0?
      (Not saying yer wrong, but I haven't seen weight management mentioned as an issue with him yet...)

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

That 'thud' you hear is your body hitting the living room floor if the pick is Bowers.
        At least that's better than RT. He can make some plays and help out there. In the bigger picture it's over drafting but hey we'll just have a bunch of over drafted players on our team. LOL!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

^ This...I do NOT want "Bad" Nabers...Odie is fine, but I just don't think wideout is that high a priority in the Roman Offense...on the other hand, OT and TE ARE important...along with a road grading OG and C depth...and an RB to complete our committee...
          Yep, I think some fans are still having a hard time embracing this new identity on offense. We are NOT going to be a high flying offense. It will be grind it out, methodical, with some play action mixed in. Expect a lot of games where Herbert only throws 20 passes. And that's fine. Less chances for hero ball = less chances for mistakes. But we need to be built for it. And guys like Nabers and Bowers do nothing for that.

It will be boring and frustrating in the regular season, but it will pay off in January.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Latham can probably play guard if they don't think he's ready for RT and/or they want to try to see what Pip can do.

I get the DJ Fluker comparisons but Latham seems far better.
            Fluke was the 4th best OT and a reach @#11...Latham is ranked 2nd best OT by many draftniks and probably the best RT...maybe better than Fuaga by a slim margin...

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

From a need perspective - I get it. I want a big strong IDL like Jamal Williams or the the trio of Hand, Parella and Davis for sure and on offense the best OL possible - I want all of that. And I get it too.

But picking number 5 - that is not the time to overthink it. That is the time to just be like "hey you kidding me, Marvin Harrison Jr is there and the trade back isn't good enough" - MHJr it is.
              MHjr is the only guy I personally would make an exception for.

But I'm done with the finesse guys being picked so high. Let's fucking get tough.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Fluke was the 4th best OT and a reach @#11...Latham is ranked 2nd best OT by many draftniks and probably the best RT...maybe better than Fuaga by a slim margin...
                But at 5 - thats a reach

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

That 'thud' you hear is your body hitting the living room floor if the pick is Bowers.
                  If there's any thud hitting the living room floor, it would be Nabers's gun falling out of his pocket...
                  (either Bowers or Latham @#5 is fine with me...)

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, I’m just having a hard time believing that a strictly RT prospect is the BPA on the Chargers board in this draft. That’s a real stretch.
                    Not if yer a Roman building his legion for an overwhelming ground game...

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But at 5 - thats a reach
                      Not if that's where they have him ranked.

He is arguably as good or better than Alt. At worst he's a hair below Alt but perhaps ahead of him in that he is more ready to slot in at RT. Nobody would call it a reach IMO. Never too high to take quality beef.
                      ​​​​
                      ​​​​

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

I don’t see a lot of draftniks saying Latham is the 1 or 2 OT. I see a lot of draftniks saying that because he’s really a RT and can play LT (hypothetically) he’s good value as a OT.
                        LAC dont need a LT. They obviously see Latham as a RT. Its really hard to believe that Latham is the 5th best player in this draft and at RT no less…
                        Thats a really hard sell, man…

Positional value is really going to be pushed hard if they take Latham at 5 cause it’s simply a reach.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

MHjr is the only guy I personally would make an exception for.

But I'm done with the finesse guys being picked so high. Let's fucking get tough.
                          When I saw that tape of Alt getting rag-dolled by a D-lineman, that's what made me pause a bit on him...

Comment

Working...
                          X