• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

you saw this right?

Oh boy, Pierce wanting his old college QB and Telesco trying to make a name for himself -- two people that seem an odd match as GM and HC - get the popcorn ready - Raiders are going to overpay the hell out of this trade

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, we dont know how it will go and it might be all for nothing as we stay at 5. Just dont know. I just am a little burned out discussiong it lol. I do think our first pick will be OT, WR or TE. If we trade down to 11 by chance i think our first pick is OT, TE. Bowers just too good a fit for us to not consider him.
      Bowers at 11 is the ultimate dream for me. Hell, if the Bears trade up to 5 and he is there at 9 - I think would be awesome too

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Bowers at 11 is the ultimate dream for me. Hell, if the Bears trade up to 5 and he is there at 9 - I think would be awesome too
        Chargers already made 2 moves at TE. Nothing is for sure, but it looks to me as if Bowers is off the table. I do think he's a great fit,
        but Bowers to the Chargers looks unlikely.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Chargers already made 2 moves at TE. Nothing is for sure, but it looks to me as if Bowers is off the table. I do think he's a great fit,
          IDK, that offensive scheme that they are installing is very TE oriented, Bowers would thrive in an offense that would feature him, I'm very confident about that...plus don't forget that imitation is a thing in the NFL, the chiefs winning all these super bowls with a dominant TE hasn't gone unnoticed...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Why do you think that? Hurst is on a 1 year deal and Dissly is an in-line blocking TE. Bowers is way more than just a pass catching TE.
            I almost think Hurst was brought in to be a tone setter and help teach the rookies Romans offense and specifically could be here to mentor a new TE his offense.
            Same for Mason. I think these 2 guys are as much players as they are culture guys that are going to set the example to the rest of the team as to what’s expected of a Harbaugh led team day to day.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IDK, that offensive scheme that they are installing is very TE oriented, Bowers would thrive in an offense that would feature him, I'm very confident about that...plus don't forget that imitation is a thing in the NFL, the chiefs winning all these super bowls with a dominant TE hasn't gone unnoticed...
              Adding to this, if Bowers was drafted by the Chargers he fills a couple positional holes in one player. He immediately becomes WR 1, but he’s not a WR, and the team could leave this draft only taking one other WR and they would be just fine at WR. They have massive needs elsewhere and they could focus picks on those glaring holes. He can block, so he’d be on the field for all downs and play a ton of football his rookie year. He can play FB. A position this team uses extensively. He can run out of the backfield on jet sweeps and in motion and he can line up literally anywhere on the field. You can line Bowers up on the outside on one side of the field and have 3 WRs on the other side in trips….
              Georgia did this. What a nightmare…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Adding to this, if Bowers was drafted by the Chargers he fills a couple positional holes in one player. He immediately becomes WR 1, but he’s not a WR, and the team could leave this draft only taking one other WR and they would be just fine at WR. He can block, so he’d be on the field for all downs and play a ton of football his rookie year. He can play FB. A position this team uses extensively. He can run out of the backfield on jet sweeps and in motion and he can line up literally anywhere on the field. You can line Bowers up on the outside on one side of the field and have 3 WRs on the other side in trips….
                Georgis did this. What a nightmare…
                It's interesting looking at it that way, at least in terms of how much he would see the field in year one, Bowers would be a huge value for sure and not just on passing plays as you have pointed out he is okay blocking on the outside and can also run with it...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Why do you think that? Hurst is on a 1 year deal and Dissly is an in-line blocking TE. Bowers is way more than just a pass catching TE.
                  I almost think Hurst was brought in to be a tone setter and help teach the rookies Romans offense and specifically could be here to mentor a new TE his offense.
                  Same for Mason. I think these 2 guys are as much players as they are culture guys that are going to set the example to the rest of the team as to what’s expected of a Harbaugh led team day to day.
                  Agreed. Except for maybe Alohi Gilman - the Chargers did not sign one player that they cannot draft the same position. Hurst is a one year deal so Bowers is sitll an option

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Adding to this, if Bowers was drafted by the Chargers he fills a couple positional holes in one player. He immediately becomes WR 1, but he’s not a WR, and the team could leave this draft only taking one other WR and they would be just fine at WR. He can block, so he’d be on the field for all downs and play a ton of football his rookie year. He can play FB. A position this team uses extensively. He can run out of the backfield on jet sweeps and in motion and he can line up literally anywhere on the field. You can line Bowers up on the outside on one side of the field and have 3 WRs on the other side in trips….
                    Georgis did this. What a nightmare…
                    I like Bowers, I like him alot. But the tea leaves I'm reading suggest what a few others think they see - LAC aren't going to spend their top pick on a TE. They also signed a real FB too. no need to keep repeating his skillset, its been posted 500 times already. he would not be a WR1, thats a stretchy stretch you got there. he may look almost sort of receiver-ish at UGa, but he's not NFL WR1 material by a long shot. He would be TE1 imo, but maybe not at first, as they signed 2 TEs already. A GM that dedicates his top 10 Rd1 pick to a guy he'll put on the bench has nads the size of an eclipse.

Rd1 players play or GMs are scorned, just look at the QJ scorn heaped on the last LAC brain trust.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Like I said, I think he is a great fit. But for the coming year it looks like we are set at TE. If we didn't have so many needs it would be a different
                      story. But it looks to me like Hortiz is making the best he can from FA to fill in areas that are weak. Of course it's not out of the question.
                      But I'm guessing if we trade down don't be surprised if the first guy taken is on D, not O, depending on how far back we trade. We have a
                      glaring need at outside CB, not the slot where Assante fits. DT and even Edge is a possibility if our board fits BPA when we pick.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

you saw this right?

Now HERE'S a classic TT move that could happen: Golden Domer Audric Estime is projected by most draftniks to go in rounds 3-4...I wouldn't be surprised to see TT move up for him near the top of ROUND 2...and cough up #44, #112 and next year's 4th rounder...the Cheatriots would easily do that deal at #34...

image.png

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Damn two weeks from today! I already put in for the afternoon off at work, I'll be having my traditional food that I've been having on draft day since the 1989 draft, can't wait, with all the intrigue of having a new GM that might do something for a fucking change, trade down scenarios and everything else, it's going to be a lot of fun

Comment

Working...
                          X