• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

TT is not the problem. The last two drafts every play he picked made the team. The problem is the same all along - the Spanos keep hiring inexperienced coaches. If we had a better HC, this group of players would be humming! Imagine what they would be playing like if we had a guy like Marty or Bill Cowher.

When he elects to kick the FG with the ball at the Miami 7, I turned to guy I was watching the game with and said, oh,oh - he needed to go for it. A four-point lead with nearly four minutes on the clock just wasn't enough.

I fear we are in for another long season of underachievement. And I dont 'think our OC is the answer either - he's just another inexperienced coach.,
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yet they only had like 65 yards rushing, under 4 YPC. Who do you want him to use? Our 6th round rookie?
      The Dolphins hardly even tried to run in the 2nd half. They didn't do it that well, but when every other pass is an explosive play, it hardly encouraged Miami to stick to their run game.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers vs. Chargering View Post

Really? Johnson and SJD had ZERO tackles. And we have Dogshit backing them. Henley needs to bury Dogshit on the depth chart. Plus we need to use Tuli a lot more.

I agree with the other poster, why doesn't Staley use our younger guys more? I mean if Dallas kept Parsons under wraps as Staley wants to do, where would they be?

Staley is just like Nevin with the Angels. Both are shit. Must be something in the Orange County water.
        DL in the 34 are not the tacklers. THe D is designed to force the ball to the LB and DB to make the tackles. Plus, when the other team throws more than 2x as many passes then runs, the DL is going to have a hard time getting on the stat sheet, even if they are pile-hoping. Not many DL are going to have anything left to rush the passer if you expect them to make tackles 40 yards downfield.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          TT is not the problem. The last two drafts every play he picked made the team. The problem is the same all along - the Spanos keep hiring inexperienced coaches. If we had a better HC, this group of players would be humming! Imagine what they would be playing like if we had a guy like Marty or Bill Cowher.

When he elects to kick the FG with the ball at the Miami 7, I turned to guy I was watching the game with and said, oh,oh - he needed to go for it. A four-point lead with nearly four minutes on the clock just wasn't enough.

I fear we are in for another long season of underachievement. And I dont 'think our OC is the answer either - he's just another inexperienced coach.,
          Request name change from Chargers to "NFL coach training organization"

the spanos are more interested in hiring the type of "football people" that'll allow them to continue to play out their fantasies of being the west coast version of the Rooney family...until they are removed from football operations any GM and any coach that they hire (no matter how good) will be forced to play with a hand tied behind their backs...and it won't matter if they have a future HOF QB under center either...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
          X