• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

true..... but our old good vets do not get enough separation..... they catch balls and get tackled almost immediately.... speed requires double covering...... slow guys can be covered one on one.....

when I watch other teams play, their receivers are so much quicker and faster..... mistakes burn you for scores.... and yes sometimes defenders get confused and let MW, KA get wide open, but those are mental mistakes not physical ones.... not getting physically out run like Hill did to us last week.....
    They get open. Keenan had a 46 yard pass that he beat the CB pretty good. You don't need to be fast to get open and Keenan is certainly a better route runner than QJ.
    I think Herbert locks on sometimes and doesn't see other open receivers. He had Palmer wide open on a play but threw it elsewhere and it was incomplete.

Not sure why many here say our WRs cant get open. To say they are open only because the defender gets confused is just a,....well, not a good statement. You don't get over 900 career receptions because defenders get confused lol. C'mon man.

I guess the defenders got confused 16 times today because that's how many combined receptions MW and Keenan had. And QJs one non confused reception was something to relish.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-17-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Halonoonan View Post

I’m not the biggest Mike Williams fan, but if this is the case why use a first round pick on QJ?
      Because they can't keep both Williams and KA next year. QJ is being groomed this year to step in next year.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

You gotta pay a Quarterback.

he top flight. Just is. What you want Tyrod Taylor?

that fourth Quarter drive was masterful. He was dialing it up in the third Quarter.

we had a shit sack that fucked us on third down.

these lineman gotta play better. Don’t put it on him.

Ask the New York Giants Denver Broncos Detroit Lions Atlanta Falcons Minnesota Vikings.

if you don’t have a Quarterback you have nothing.

We need our 1st found pick to be our leas guy down the field simple as that.

Quentin Johnston he has to be what he was at TCU our coaches our guys have to get him in.

Let’s look at the Rams Puka Nakua 5th round. How do we not get that guy with any of our picks???? Fuck

I see what posters in here said about Joshua Palmer he gets no separation. This game looked like a Carbon Copy of Jacksonville.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell 84 View Post
          Just watched the Staley post game presser. He gets triggered in the last minute of it when asked if the Jax fiasco last year is continuing with these 2 losses here. Maybe he doesn't want people questioning his coaching inability. He starts deflecting saying these guys played their hearts out. That's not the point. Great teams find a way to WIN, not find a way to lose which is the Chargers curse.
          Im just glad the team is so "Connected"!....

This presser ....Staley is more upset that he has ever been...... felt like he might go off like that old Jet coach did many years ago..... when he yelled out "we are tying to win the game!"

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

This presser ....Staley is more upset that he has ever been...... felt like he might go off like that old Jet coach did many years ago..... when he yelled out "we are tying to win the game!"
            I'm sure he is upset. His ass is on the line this year.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
              JH needs JH
              • Dec 2021
              • SW FL
              • Send PM

Yeah I was expecting Brandon to become unhinged and start dropping F bombs to that reporter. You could tell the question he was asked was getting under his skin when he answered the reporter with a snyde tone.and called him out by name.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

In the first two games, MW has been double-covered a lot. I wonder if that will continue. It's worked to slow down our passing game to an extent.
                We should counter that by using our rookie speed merchant, DD, as the third WR and throw it long.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Posts that don't age well for $100.
                  LOL.
                  was it a jynx post. Or did the old play conservative not to lose do them in. They went up the gut, up the gut, false start, false start, fail, punt when they were still up and the game was slipping out of their hands. LOL. Cardinals chargering.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    In the first two games, MW has been double-covered a lot. I wonder if that will continue. It's worked to slow down our passing game to an extent.
                    We should counter that by using our rookie speed merchant, DD, as the third WR and throw it long.
                    Yeah I noticed it a lot. Herbert forced it to a double covered MW multiple times.

I think Guyton will add another element to this offense when he gets back.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Get Everett more involved. He plays like he “wants it” more than any player on the team

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They get open. Keenan had a 46 yard pass that he beat the CB pretty good. You don't need to be fast to get open and Keenan is certainly a better route runner than QJ.
                        I think Herbert locks on sometimes and doesn't see other open receivers. He had Palmer wide open on a play but threw it elsewhere and it was incomplete.

Not sure why many here say our WRs cant get open. To say they are open only because the defender gets confused is just a,....well, not a good statement. You don't get over 900 career receptions because defenders get confused lol. C'mon man.

In guess the defenders got confused 16 times today because that's how many combined receptions MW and Keenan had. And QJs one non confused reception was something to relish.
                        Not quite.... the long pass was a totally blown coverage...... the guy supposed to cover KA missed his assignment and did something else......

most of the other passes were short dump off type passes where defenders played off.... but when they play press, those 2 guys do not get much separation..... that is why our 3rd down completions were so low..... if you look at replays there was not much separation..... all over the field...

You forget what happens when defenses see speed on the field.... they have to treat speed differently and play differently..... look what MIA's speed did to our defense? Players had no clue how to deal with it.... speed opens things up for slower players......

No one said they could not get open, but they do not get open consistently...because they lack speed...... . LIKE on 3rd Downs!

The faster you are, the quicker you can get open..... which helps QB's......and OL's.....this is just basic common sense..... Watch MIA and see how that works.... pass rush has no chance.....

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Oh really???

Herbert: 305 yards 2 TD

Burrow: 222 yards 2 TD 1 Int

Lawrence: 216 yards 1 TD

Allen: 274 yards 3 TD

Please tell me again how Herbert can be any better... I got one... Lets put him on the defense so he doesn't have to be expected to pull a win out his ass every game...
                          With the exception of Allen, all of these quarterbacks could have played better today. The expectations are higher for all of these quarterbacks. That's what comes with the elite label.

Comment

Working...
                          X