• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbert had 300+ yards, 2 TD/0 INT and a 104 Rating. That is good football.

He isn’t perfect, we shouldn’t need a perfect QB. I’ll ride or die to the end with Herbie - he is THE MAN and all fools are fools who think he is the problem. Just my humble opinion, of course.
    Even when he's playing average ball he's twice as good as Jets QB Zach Wilson. When on fire he's as good as the top 5 QBs.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

No, but we finally win a coin toss in over time,,,and to go 3 and out with 3 quick bad passes...is not the stuff legends are made of

It is not that Herbert lost the game, but once you sign a 52 million a year contract the expectations are rightly for ELITE QB play and that means leading drives with games on the line, not 3 and out

You cant duck this narrative, the rest of the NFL world certainly wont...until it changes

This is true, and I'm sure Herbert know it . . . . . . . . . He needs more help though, from the coaching staff, play callers, his defense . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

I’ll ride or die with Herbie. Staley - I’ll be nice and remain hopeful while he’s still here. Moore - hasn’t shown the brilliance when the lights got the brightest.

K9 played a better game than the complete shit he’s given us for 3+ years. There’s your positive.
        Agreed - Murray played much better (to my eyes), right up until that PF penalty (dumb) . . . . . .

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
          [/B][/U]

This is true, and I'm sure Herbert know it . . . . . . . . . He needs more help though, from the coaching staff, play callers, his defense . . . .
          Joe Burrow aint doing so hot either!

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

QJ would be starting with the Rams. With us, no. We are pretty loaded at WR this year, it's not that he isn't ready.

The Rams WRs are Tutu Smallwell, Skoweneik, Van Jefferson and Nucua.

Jefferson is in his 3rd year and not starting.
            QJ would definitely be their #1.
            true..... but our old good vets do not get enough separation..... they catch balls and get tackled almost immediately.... speed requires double covering...... slow guys can be covered one on one.....

when I watch other teams play, their receivers are so much quicker and faster..... mistakes burn you for scores.... and yes sometimes defenders get confused and let MW, KA get wide open, but those are mental mistakes not physical ones.... not getting physically out run like Hill did to us last week.....

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

true..... but our old good vets do not get enough separation..... they catch balls and get tackled almost immediately.... speed requires double covering...... slow guys can be covered one on one.....

when I watch other teams play, their receivers are so much quicker and faster..... mistakes burn you for scores.... and yes sometimes defenders get confused and let MW, KA get wide open, but those are mental mistakes not physical ones.... not getting physically out run like Hill did to us last week.....
              We have two new receivers on the team. Why are they not contributing like other teams rookies. We have a rookie training problem on both side of the ball!

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That would require firing Staley...

...SOUNDS GOOD!
                lol

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

He isn’t perfect, we shouldn’t need a perfect QB. I’ll ride or die to the end with Herbie - he is THE MAN and all fools are fools who think he is the problem. Just my humble opinion, of course.
                  Unfortunately we need him to be (almost) perfect because he has to carry and protect Staley and the defense . . . . . . . . . . . . hard to be perfect all the time - no matter how much you're getting paid. I imagine that Moore is feeling the pressure to be perfect as well. Perfect level of play is unsustainable . . . . . . .

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We have two new receivers on the team. Why are they not contributing like other teams rookies. We have a rookie training problem on both side of the ball!
                    very true! The other NFL teams do not disregard rookies like Chargers do...... they let them play and show what they can do! rookie receivers are lighting up NFL so far this year but not in chargers land..... Chargers treat rookies like they are diseased!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Joe Burrow aint doing so hot either!
                      Nope - it's been a slow start for most of the top QB's . . . . . . . . . probably because most of them played very little in the PS

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Because Williams and Allen are in front of them. They caught 16 passes for 194 yards and 2 TDs. Valid question about Palmer though.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

That is pretty much the point though. He's being paid to be more than good. He's not in the top 10 for QB rating through 2 weeks.

No one is saying he is the only problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X