Chargers @ Vikings Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Kenneth Murray mic'd up during the Vikings game.

(84) Mic’d Up: Murray’s Game-Winning Pick vs Vikings | LA Chargers - YouTube

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

I have never heard Moore comment about analytics. Some coaches use a little, some a lot.

But do please check your math: 30 yards on 15 attempts ain't so good at all--just two yards a carry. But we needed just one.
              Kelly rushed for 12 yards on 11 carries or it may have been the other way around. That's 1.09 yards per carry. Not nearly enough to justify giving Kelly the ball.
              If you're going by averages you're more than not going to fail. That's not how football works.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

In regards to the our 4th and 1 play call

I honestly don’t get it. The Eagles are converting these short yardage plays at over a 90% success rate. Let me repeat - 90% SUCCESS RATE. How’s that for analytics? That number is simply insane, and the definition of “unstoppable”. What’s more insane is the fact that the rest of the league STILL hasn’t copied it yet. What gives? I would’ve taken Herb behind a rugby scrum over Josh Kelley in a FB dive role on that ill fated 4th and 1 any day of the week. I get that the Eagles have a premier O-line & that Hurts can supposedly squat a million lbs. Fine, so most teams wouldn’t get to that level of success (you don’t have to use a QB). But even achieving anything over 60% success should at least warrant some level of experimentation, don’t you think? Shouldn’t at least the top 10 running teams in the league all be adopting this? Supposedly there are more than a few among NFL brass that don’t like it, which caused Dean Blandino to speculate that it would be shut down this past offseason. But it never happened. Some feel that if teams do adopt it en masse, it will most certainly be made illegal since turning the game into a glorified version of rugby is hardly what league execs want. Well then, let’s not hesitate, and help make it illegal! Meanwhile, taking away the variable part of the “game of inches”, and turning it into a constant is simply a GARGANTUAN advantage. It is on par with Bill Belichick somehow magically always knowing what opposing offenses would do in crunch time during the Pats’ glory years (ahem, spy videos + strange Gillette Stadium radio signal issues). But of course this is still legal. Personally, I don’t like the play because I also don’t want the game evolving into rugby (I do enjoy watching rugby, but let’s keep it in rugby). Moreover, it’s potentially dangerous for the D line, especially with their feet stuck in astroturf and thousands of pounds bearing down on them. So my hope is that everyone will copy it, thus helping it become illegal. So let’s hire a Kiwi consultant from the All Blacks and scrum away until it goes away!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                  ghost this probably explains why the run game couldn’t get it going on Sunday.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

ghost this probably explains why the run game couldn’t get it going on Sunday.
                    But doesn't explain why they went for it on 4th and 1. Analytics you say. I thought it was supposed to take into consideration game day situations.

By the way the decision is being panned by former HCs, NFL QBs, and other former NFL players Only the guys that have never played a down in the NFL
                    are defending the call.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

This is Popper's explanation of the 4th and one play call:

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        This is Popper's explanation of the 4th and one play call:

Nothing makes me think it's a good idea to do anything but punt when you're at your own 24. Staley gave the Vikings a very short field to go win the game. Combine this with the playoffs fiasco, and I favor firing Staley. On top of that, he said he'd do it again. Get us an experienced HC!
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Nothing makes me think it's a good idea to do anything but punt when you're at your own 24. Staley gave the Vikings a very short field to go win the game. Combine this with the playoffs fiasco, and I favor firing Staley. On top of that, he said he'd do it again. Get us an experienced HC!
                          You could say this! But why is it we don't have a cadre of 4th down plays that can get us a yard for a conversion? I really don't have a problem with this idea but not with Kelly and Spiller back there. People around here were laughing at me for wanting to draft a RB somewhere in this years draft. Can we please get Roshaun from Chicago. I don't think Chicago is going anywhere this year.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X