Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Tanks!
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I'm not saying it's all football's fault. I know there are concussions in other sports. Hell my daughter got one playing basketball.

What I'm saying, what I don't like, is how the NFL is actively "downplaying" it, and how they fight off any attempt to shed light on the issue, while claiming to be all for "player safety".

I know this is kooky talk, and it would never happen, but what do you guys think of the idea of going back to leather helmets?
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          It's built into our nature as humans to take risks and seek adventure. We also like to watch and support those who push the boundaries farther than we ourselves are comfortable with. That there may be dangerous after or side effects only increases our interest at times.
          Agree and thats the chance you take. The money is good but there are risks. They still take steroids when there are risks and punishment if caught. But yes the NFL is all about money , otherwise why would they consider playing and considering a franchise in London which is think is a bunch of bullshit.

The game is slowly being ruined and one day, i could see myself just dropping the ball and being done with it. The lame rules, crappy officiating, geting to the point that there is a flag on every other play with some crews and you cant lay a finger on a offensive player withut a flag....just frustrting to watch. I got real down on Baseball and stopped watching because of all the bullshit and Bud Selig being the worst Commisioner of all sports.
          We'll see where or how the NFL continues to ruin the game. Some fans are die hards no matter what but there is a line for me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            I'm not saying it's all football's fault. I know there are concussions in other sports. Hell my daughter got one playing basketball.

What I'm saying, what I don't like, is how the NFL is actively "downplaying" it, and how they fight off any attempt to shed light on the issue, while claiming to be all for "player safety".

I know this is kooky talk, and it would never happen, but what do you guys think of the idea of going back to leather helmets?
            LOL, why wear one at all if that is a possibility. Things are just different. The guys are bigger, stronger, throw themselves on a tackle even if the offensive guy is practically down and has three other defenders on him. Just unneccessary stuff like that going on. I dont know the answer. Its a violent game and they all know the risks. Make some money and set yourself up and retire early but some most greedy and they can never make enough money but then you cant complain if you end up a cripple later on.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

It's not just the money...remember this is what these guys LOVE to do. They are at the top of their field and perform at the highest level.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Geezbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Sun Valley, ID
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Mike Ditka said a while back all it would take is getting rid of the face masks.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                  Mike Ditka said a while back all it would take is getting rid of the face masks.
                  Mini Ditka or regular-sized Ditka?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    It's not just the money...remember this is what these guys LOVE to do. They are at the top of their field and perform at the highest level.
                    Its the money! Sure some love the game but money is a big factor. Thats why underclassman declare early, its why we have holdouts and why guys like Tebow wont go to Canada to hone his skills. Why wouldnt he do that id he loved the game so much? He would still be playing. Its also why some get their payday and then lay down. Manziel is a guy that is in it for the money. who will probably be broke soon and try to come back and some dumb GM will take a chance.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Manziel is a member of a shady Oil family of Billionaires. He never needed the money.
                      I doubt he makes it to 35 tho.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Been to school twice. Chose two careers that pay dick.

Never understood why somebody needs more than a million in his bank account.

Fuck the rich, but love this song.

Comment

• kpronnoy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2023
                          • Send PM

I totally agree with steve. Let's just not focus on a particular sport as there are many other indoor sports like badminton and tennis that causes injuries and still players love to play these sport.

Comment

Working...
                          X