• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    Jesus….someone has more butthurt than MW this morning.
    Way out of line. I recreated this post just to tell you this. And i do it publically because privately i get a lot of hypercompliance...and then no action when posting again. Thanks for understanding.

Comment

• mudwhistle
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Clarksville TN
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Copy. It was moderated. I didnt see it. Sorry for the confusion. I personally like to moderate all reported posts myself....because i want to be the asshole who tells them to chill. Not my mods.
      Are you really living on Kauai, because I used to live on Oahu and visited the Big Island and Maui.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Copy. It was moderated. I didnt see it. Sorry for the confusion. I personally like to moderate all reported posts myself....because i want to be the asshole who tells them to chill. Not my mods.

Work that 'good cop - bad cop' thing . . . . . . . . . . . it can be a fun game when someone earns the 'right' to be stepped on . Gotta let the dogs out once in a while . . . . . . . .

Seriously - I don't think anyone here has any issues as to how you conduct business. You give us all a lot of rope, and once in a while we get hung by it - no harm no foul . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by mudwhistle View Post

Are you really living on Kauai, because I used to live on Oahu and visited the Big Island and Maui.
          I am. We have been here almost 50 years. But i moved here full time after the kids got through college. In the house my brother died in 93.

Comment

• mudwhistle
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Clarksville TN
            • Retired
            • Send PM

I am. We have been here almost 50 years. But i moved here full time after the kids got through college. In the house my brother died in 93.
            Must be nice. I lived there when I was stationed in the Navy back in the 70s....and visited in 2006.
            We have friends that lived on the Big Island.
            If I could afford it I would like to live there.....but can't.
            Homes are so expensive you need to have them willed to you I guess.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Must be nice. I lived there when I was stationed in the Navy back in the 70s....and visited in 2006.
              We have friends that lived on the Big Island.
              If I could afford it I would like to live there.....but can't.
              Homes are so expensive you need to have them willed to you I guess.
              Thank you for your service. Yeah not willed to me by any means. But i do love it here.

Comment

• mudwhistle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Clarksville TN
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Thank you for your service. Yeah not willed to me by any means. But i do love it here.
                I lived there and was stationed on the U.S.S. Bryce Canyon AD-36 at Pearl Harbor. Best duty I had when I was a kid. Then I was transferred to the Kitty Hawk and spent 3 years at sea, which is how I ended up in San Diego and being a Charger Fan.

Both of those ships have been cut into razor blades.

I went to school in San Diego and played college ball at a Junior College. Then I joined the Army and ended up at 5th Special Forces Group here at Ft Campbell KY.

Because I lived in San Diego for 8 years I ended up a Chargers Fan during Air-Coryell. I was there, at the Murph, watching the game in the stands behind the Raiders sidelines during the Holy Roller game, when they lost to the Raiders on that forward fumble. The only people that didn't know the play was illegal was the refs.

Worst thing that happened was when Spanos became the majority owner. Gene Klein new how to run a team.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Feel bad for the kid. Hope he retires. He’s made enough money for a couple of lifetimes. No good reason to put his body through anymore turmoil

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

I lived there and was stationed on the U.S.S. Bryce Canyon AD-36 at Pearl Harbor. Best duty I had when I was a kid. Then I was transferred to the Kitty Hawk and spent 3 years at sea, which is how I ended up in San Diego and being a Charger Fan.

Both of those ships have been cut into razor blades.

I went to school in San Diego and played college ball at a Junior College. Then I joined the Army and ended up at 5th Special Forces Group here at Ft Campbell KY.

Because I lived in San Diego for 8 years I ended up a Chargers Fan during Air-Coryell. I was there, at the Murph, watching the game in the stands behind the Raiders sidelines during the Holy Roller game, when they lost to the Raiders on that forward fumble. The only people that didn't know the play was illegal was the refs.

Worst thing that happened was when Spanos became the majority owner. Gene Klein new how to run a team.
                    Nice. You will fit in here. We have quite a few spec ops guys here. Personal friends of mine. SEALs. Not very active but so many team guys are Bolt fans. Son had a scholarship to West Point. Rugby. Decided not to serve and went to a different school. I was born into a strong Military family so i was sort of sad he chose not to go. Reuben H Fleet was my great grandfather. He personally flew his PBYs to Pearl Harbor just days before the attack. He was a huge fan of Hawaii. So thats why the exposure early in my life.

Those Coryell days were the best. Aloha my braddah. Good to have you.

Comment

• mudwhistle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Clarksville TN
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                      Feel bad for the kid. Hope he retires. He’s made enough money for a couple of lifetimes. No good reason to put his body through anymore turmoil
                      He's not even 30 yet. If he still enjoys playing he needs to come back and play.

If he's tired of being injured then maybe he should retire..,,,but right now that's not on his mind.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Losing Mike also sucks because he opened things up for KA.

From Popper
                        Williams lining up more often in the slot created better matchups for Allen on the outside. Opposing defenses had to devote attention and resources to Williams — his big frame, strong hands and contested catch capacity — when he was operating in the middle of the field, with more space and route options at his disposal. Allen has 13 catches for 191 yards from a wide alignment through three games this season, according to TruMedia. He had 23 catches for 257 yards from a wide alignment in 10 games last season.
                        The Chargers are not likely to face another game plan like this for the rest of the season. But Williams’ presence is a big reason Allen has been seeing more favorable matchups in 2023, and that was especially true against the Vikings. With Williams gone, opposing defenses will be able to pay more attention to Allen.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                          Since Balboa Stadium
                          • Sep 2022
                          • LA
                          • Send PM

I just heard this news. I had no idea. But thru out the years..I mean..every time he hits the ground...he gets up slow. We never should have resigned him to a big contract. i mean when he gets hurt, it doesn't even look like a hard fall or hit. The guy is snakebit.

I remember that draft well. He was the 7th overall pick. I thought we should have taken Christian McCaffrey. Rivers could have used him.

Here are some OTHER players drafted after number 7.

10. Patrick Mahomes
                          30. TJ Watt

No wonder we are where we are.

That said...the backup receivers, like Palmer, are better than him anyway. Too bad Guyton is out.

Comment

Working...
                          X