Raiders @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Trey Pipkins? K9? I see two glaring holes in this team.... fix those two and I think we may have a team... my stupid and uneducated opinion....

Tom Telesco Sucks....

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Two truths:

Every HC in the history of the NFL has more wins against sub .500 teams. Duh.

And Reid before Mahomes was the opposite of genius, and specifically run out of Philly for his notorious bad late-game playcallng and clock management, his ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory was Chargeresque. With Mahomes, that’s nothing he (or any other HC lucky enough to be gifted such a unicorn player) has to worry about, dude farts and scores a TD regardless of how broken the play becomes (so who knows, Reid may be calling even stupider plays than Staley, right?).

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ll start working on him, I think I can save him too . Let The Sun Shine!
        Happy Good Morning GIF by Susanne Lamb
        I like it man.

You bring balance to the forum. We need optimists too

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Popper has stated many times the Chargers are not his favorite team, Ghost. He is just doing his job. I think he is very good.
          I am of aware of every statement Daniel Popper has made concerning the Chargers. I also remember that last year Popper was petitioning viewers to pay attention to this team, last season.

It was a tongue-in-cheek statement that Popper is one of us, my friend. Have fun with this.

Comment

• Duck of Death
            Social Piranha
            • May 2022
            • Flyover, USA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...classic!
            My comment was in jest, but it actually points to one of the reasons why this team always seems to have depth issues. I think Ghost mentioned this before - they hold onto wasted projects far past their expiration dates:

- Tillery - Lasted into his 4th season despite no discernible production
            - Rountree - Somehow kept sticking around into his 3rd camp. Truly amazing.
            - Storm - Stuck around 3 seasons, with enough passable performances to count on one hand.
            - K9 - Finally flashing a bit in his 4th season, but still inconsistent.
            - Kelley - 4th season, career 3.5 ypc
            - McTitty - 3rd season. 3rd round pick spent on a blocking TE who has trouble blocking.
            - Jaimes - 3rd season. The cheerleaders have seen the field more.
            - Pipkins - Finally developed into above average pass pro in his 4th season, but also caused a lot of lumps for the QB & RBs along the way.
            - Bulaga * - Only 2 seasons, but I add him here because literally everyone and their mother knew he wouldn’t last very long in his 2nd yr (lasted 1 game).
            - Spiller - Still early, but will he be Kelly 2.0?
            - Sarrell - Again, early, but …

Do other contending teams behave this way? I honestly don’t know

But I’m pretty sure this list isn’t complete when delving deeper into history.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

My comment was in jest, but it actually points to one of the reasons why this team always seems to have depth issues. I think Ghost mentioned this before - they hold onto wasted projects far past their expiration dates:

- Storm - Stuck around 3 seasons, with enough passable performances to count on one hand.
              - McTitty - 3rd season. 3rd round pick spent on a blocking TE who has trouble blocking.
              - Pipkins - Finally developed into above average pass pro in his 4th season, but also caused a lot of lumps for the QB along the way.
              - Bulaga * - Only 2 seasons, but I add him here because literally everyone and their mother knew he wouldn’t last very long in his 2nd yr (1 game).

So its either bad scouting
              bad player development
              or the players aren't working hard enough

I think it starts with the scouting and moves to coaching

Telesco is just below average at his job. Add in John Boy and its worse

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
                So for those who were wondering about the ASJ pick. From Popper:
                "Samuel might have returned the interception for a touchdown if he hadn’t slid down at the 11-yard line. Samuel said he saw coach Brandon Staley celebrating out of the corner of his eye. Staley was waving his arms. After cornerback J.C. Jackson made a poor decision to return an interception out of the end zone in Week 1 against the Miami Dolphins, the coaching staff had “emphasized” when defenders should and should not go down after securing an interception, according to Samuel.

Samuel said that is where his mind went.

“That’s one we’re going to learn from,” Staley said.
                You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it. - Big Dan Teague

This is to say this an excellent post.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Get QJ some dink throws just beyond the line of scrimmage so we might see his “moves.” The future is now. WTH we’re those bullet throws from Herbert? That’s not his forte.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

- Pipkins - Finally developed into above average pass pro in his 4th season, but also caused a lot of lumps for the QB & RBs along the way.
                    - Bulaga * - Only 2 seasons, but I add him here because literally everyone and their mother knew he wouldn’t last very long in his 2nd yr (lasted 1 game).

This could be any team. Even the best teams have players who were misses in the draft or free agents who didn't work out.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Get QJ some dink throws just beyond the line of scrimmage so we might see his “moves.” The future is now.
                      This.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Get QJ some dink throws just beyond the line of scrimmage so we might see his “moves.” The future is now.
                        Kind of puzzling how they have used him. Seems like we aren't calling many plays he is best suited for, like a jet sweeps, bubble screens or crossing routes where he can use his YAC ability.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

FAIL - Tillery - Lasted into his 4th season despite no discernible production
                          FAIL ​- Rountree - Somehow kept sticking around into his 3rd camp. Truly amazing.
                          FAIL​ FA who cares - Storm - Stuck around 3 seasons, with enough passable performances to count on one hand.
                          Good/late- K9 - Finally flashing a bit in his 4th season, but still inconsistent.
                          OK - Kelley - 4th season, career 3.5 ypc
                          FAIL ​- McTitty - 3rd season. 3rd round pick spent on a blocking TE who has trouble blocking.
                          FAIL ​- Jaimes - 3rd season. The cheerleaders have seen the field more.
                          Good/late​- Pipkins - Finally developed into above average pass pro in his 4th season, but also caused a lot of lumps for the QB & RBs along the way.
                          FAIL​ FA, who cares- Bulaga * - Only 2 seasons, but I add him here because literally everyone and their mother knew he wouldn’t last very long in his 2nd yr (lasted 1 game).
                          OK - Spiller - Still early, but will he be Kelly 2.0?
                          OK - Sarrell - Again, early, but …

I added some of my ratings above. I think all teams have hits and misses but TT had way too many misses for his first 6+/7 years imo, he was completely average in an 8-8 3rd place finish type of way. Hence his almost-zero playoff experience after 11 years.

His last 3 drafts do appear a bit better, though its early to fully grade it out
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X