• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

And the roster has been overhauled. And he will be judged on how the new roster does.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Btw, the 2006 roster had 38 players (including 7 starters) with 3 years or less experience plus 9 additional players with 4-5 years experience when the season started. 2004 roster had 45 (8 starters) with 3 years experience, 2003 had 41 players with 3 or less years of experience (7 starters) to start the season.

So how long again are we supposed to wait before we should expect any results?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        We still don't know what the 4th year will result will be. The roster was old and saddled with a lot of bad contracts when he took over (and he whiffed on a few himself) that took a couple of years to clear out from. The year before TT took over, we were the oldest team in the league. We are now the 9th youngest (and that is skewed a bit by Mebane, Clemens, Gates and Rivers). 22 of the players on the roster are in their first or second year. 31 players have 3 or less years experience. That is a ton of players still growing into their positions.

The coaching staff is also affecting things - a lot of people think replacing McCoy would instantly make the team better, which makes the argument that the talent is under performing and affecting the results. I think it's pretty obvious this will be his last year if we don't show marked improvement.

Now TT hired McCoy so he should take the heat if McCoy doesn't quickly turn things around. But from what the local press have indicated, if McCoy is fired this year TT will get one more chance at hiring his replacement. There are still holes on the team and we have had some bad luck on the injury front, but I think we are headed in the right direction.
        TT will get another chance because the guy hiring the HC can hide behind him again.
        It's tougher to find GM candidates that would be happy about the puppet strings.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Injuries are hard to predict. He now seems to be injury prne but i dont fault them for extending him. I do fault them for not drafting a WR two years ago in a loaded class and hated the Watt pick while Moncrief was on the board. Now our WR corps isnt looking too good. Good teams make the right moves and seems NE is always getting extra picks. SF traded recently for Kerley only a week ago and he made 9 catches last night. Time for us to make a trade. Burse isnt gong to cut it.
          Sometimes durable players get hurt, and those things you can't predict. It is rare that an injury-prone player like Allen makes it through a season. So, yes, injuries to certain players are predictable. There is a reason we got rid of Ryan Mathews, and it had nothing to do with his play when he actually played.
          We shouldn't have extended Allen's contract unless he was willing to be paid as a part-time player. I was right when I said it the first time. We now have proof I was right and, more importantly, that Telesco was wrong again about which player's contract to extend. I am not sure how this turned into an argument. There is no argument for the other side.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            4 years in the NFL is an eternity, though. Where's the results?
            The argument for Telesco is his first year. Our most glaring need was left tackle; he got us a left tackle and we went one-game deep into the playoffs.

Since then, Telesco's moves as far as bringing in veterans or decisions about his own veterans have sucked. (You know it's bad when the dumbest fan here has done a better job than he has.) As far as the draft, he has got us Verrett and Allen, two really-good part-time players. The rest of the players are either unproven or are a detriment. I think our best hope is Gordon, but he'll need the line to hold together and for his coaches to have confidence in him.

Comment

Working...
            X