Cowboys @ Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post
    Subjectively as someone who follows the Cowboys 3/4 as much as the Chargers I'll add:
    • Deuce Vaughn, their Sproles wannabe can be special if he's allowed to operate in space. That hasn't happened yet in 2023. Hope this isn't a break out game...and don't expect it.
    • McCarthy / and their OC Brian Schottenheimer have shown little imagination in play design and sloppy attention to detail.
    • In fairness...the Cowboys have been exceptional in bounce-back games after losses.
    Summing up objective data and my personal observations: I would be quite surprised to see a big day from the Dallas running game, or a Cowboys run performance that tilts the result. I'm 10x more worried about our pass defense.

There is one caveat:
    Tony Pollard can hit sudden home runs, and we are only a season removed from giving up an unreasonable volume of such plays.
    great stuff YAC! Thanks

I’d note they have only had one bounce back game this year and it was vs NE - hard to gauge if it meant anything. Certainly Dallas’ best game o’ year but NE looks to be in complete implosion mode.

I’d much rather have Dallas having to rely on Dak. Get some pressure on him and he makes a lot of mistakes, I’ve called him a coach killer for 5 yrs running and he has never let me down. Key is get some pressure, i think we will.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Did we deal with this same issue last year? Or was it the year before? No 3rd quarter TD's for a large number of games?
      And like you Sonora, I'm hoping for the D to make more plays/stops throughout, not just the last drive.
      Go Bolts!
      3rd qtr 3 & outs, no 3rd qtr drives were, I thought, a Lombardi problem but so far, no change. Still a Chargers problem. Hoping Moore finds a spark.

No guarantees but the D should play, I believe, their best game so far. While they're never going to be perfect, this is the game when the different elements ( Edge- IDL- LBs- DBs) come together and play complementary team ball.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

The Chargers are never at home !
        2-2 will not get it done in LA! Blame the Chargers play on the field for that!

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

Palmer now on injury list.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Chargers find ways to lose during BYE weeks.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Bummer.
                KA, Ek, Everette, Q, DD will have to catch a few more balls.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Chargers find ways to lose during BYE weeks.
                  They should look at trading for Hunter Renfrow. Raiders are shopping him.

Comment

• Go_Herbo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2021
                    • Send PM

On the condition of Justin's finger, here's a photo of Herbert up in the Eugene area, at a High School game, taken on Friday 10/6....

. justin herbert finger.jpg justin herbert finger.jpg

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

They should look at trading for Hunter Renfrow. Raiders are shopping him.
                      I would love to have Renfrow, but this makes too much sense for LAC, who can't even seem to acknowledge that they need a new punter . . . . . . . . . . . . . remind me again WHY we carry a portion of the cap into the season again? We never seem to use it . . . . . .

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I would love to have Renfrow, but this makes too much sense for LAC, who can't even seem to acknowledge that they need a new punter . . . . . . . . . . . . . remind me again WHY we carry a portion of the cap into the season again? We never seem to use it . . . . . .
                        Raiders aren’t trading him to us. Also you carry a portion of the cap in case of emergencies but given the cap situation next season, I doubt they want to pay starter money for anyone unless the original team takes on most if not all of the cap hit.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Raiders aren’t trading him to us. Also you carry a portion of the cap in case of emergencies but given the cap situation next season, I doubt they want to pay starter money for anyone unless the original team takes on most if not all of the cap hit.
                          Yeah - I know Renfrow's a pipe dream, but we never seem to make any significant additions to the roster during the season - regardless of the cap situation . . . . . . . . or how badly we need improvement.

'Stand Pat' must be Tom's motto . . . . . . . . . it may end up on his LAC tombstone (figuratively speaking of course) !

Comment

Working...
                          X