Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    If you're just measuring franchises the Cubs reign over everyone.
    The Pads won the World Series never.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
      The Pads won the World Series never.
      In context of years the Cubs are the reigning kings of franchise drought. But point taken.

Comment

• King Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        Generous Donor
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Not sure you'll get off that easy.
        Plus Blackhawks 2010, 2013, 2015

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

In context of years the Cubs are the reigning kings of franchise drought. But point taken.
          The Cubs could end the drought this year.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            Kevin Garnett : "Anything is possible!"

A lot of my buddies are Cavs fans as I went to school in Ohio. I felt really good for them last night. I hope one day we can have that feeling. I'll probably bawl my eyes out when/if it ever happens.
            I live in Cleveland. You cannot believe how good this feels, how uplifting it is. Cleveland sports fans are the best -- they stand by their team no matter what, often in the crappiest weather you can imagine -- and we were so hungry for any kind of title. After so long, getting so close and always coming up short, it felt like we would never get there. There are guys in their 60s and 70s still bawling their eyes out two days later. There were so many fans downtown Sunday night the state patrol closed off all the highways. There were no crimes, or fires, or any mischief. Just imagine about 50,000 people all acting like best friends all night. Unbelievably awesome. And Labron being from northeast Ohio makes it all the better. (Fun fact, both James and Curry were born in Akron, same hospital. Curry's Dad played for the Cavs at the time). Cleveland gets made fun of a lot (we make fun of ourselves, too) in general, so it is nice to see the City in a positive light for once. The people here deserve it -- it's a great place to live.

I have rooted for the Indians and Cavs my whole life. Cannot bring myself to be a Browns fan hence my allegiance to the Chargers.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              I live in Cleveland. You cannot believe how good this feels, how uplifting it is. Cleveland sports fans are the best -- they stand by their team no matter what, often in the crappiest weather you can imagine -- and we were so hungry for any kind of title. After so long, getting so close and always coming up short, it felt like we would never get there. There are guys in their 60s and 70s still bawling their eyes out two days later. There were so many fans downtown Sunday night the state patrol closed off all the highways. There were no crimes, or fires, or any mischief. Just imagine about 50,000 people all acting like best friends all night. Unbelievably awesome. And Labron being from northeast Ohio makes it all the better. (Fun fact, both James and Curry were born in Akron, same hospital. Curry's Dad played for the Cavs at the time). Cleveland gets made fun of a lot (we make fun of ourselves, too) in general, so it is nice to see the City in a positive light for once. The people here deserve it -- it's a great place to live.

I have rooted for the Indians and Cavs my whole life. Cannot bring myself to be a Browns fan hence my allegiance to the Chargers.

TG
              Cheers TG! Very happy for you. Love stories like this. It's wat being a fan is all about.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Happy for the people of Cleveland, even though it now puts San Diego on the top of the list. I had an extended assignment there at the turn of the century (heh) and I really felt for them for losing their football team (which then went on to win for a city who also lost their football team). Drew Carey must be on cloud 9.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                  Great story man. Happy for you. I would probably be crying for days too if the Chargers or Padres ever amounted to anything.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I never cry. I didn't cry when my dad died, and we were really close. I doubt I'll cry if the Chargers ever win anything.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Happy for the people of Cleveland, even though it now puts San Diego on the top of the list. I had an extended assignment there at the turn of the century (heh) and I really felt for them for losing their football team (which then went on to win for a city who also lost their football team). Drew Carey must be on cloud 9.
                      San Diego was always at the top of the list.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

San Diego was always at the top of the list.
                        That's what I've been saying. The major sports media will never throw us a pity party like it does other sports fans.

Comment

Yeah, this is a bunch of horseshit. The Browns won 4 NFL championships (granted, prior to the "Superbowl era"), with their last one coming the year after our AFL championship, so we were suffering more and longer than their suffering.

Comment

Working...
                          X