• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    Tommy has been emotionally difficult for a lot of extra reasons. I named him after my dad who passed away in a car accident on December 22nd 1977 when I was 7 years old. So losing 2 loved ones with the same name was just an extra sting. Tommy also shares his birthday with Junior Seau and we all know his tragic passing, its just a lot of reminders everywhere.

Also with the Army they arranged to pay for Tommy's military marker but when it came time they did not pay and cancelled it. They did not tell us with an email or a call or a letter. September when it had been six months as they said we should wait for it we called for an update, they just told me, yea we are not paying for it after all. Its not that I am stressed over the money to pay for the marker but their changing of their minds and not giving us a heads up. Now I had to re order the same one and it is going to take another six months for it to be completed. As OG619FrightninLightnin said, the we treat our veterans terrible, its just the callousness they have with the veterans and their families like hey just pick up the phone, leave a message or send a letter but they could not even be bothered to do that. ​
    It's a damn shame the way we have treated our vets. My Dad was a Vietnam vet and had some stories to tell about that. Hope peace finds you and please remember the silent majority appreciates everything those Vets have done for us. May all find the peace in the afterlife that eluded them here on earth.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

FouitsFan, my heart aches for you. I am holding you in the Light. May peace be with you, brother.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
        FoutsFan - my Dad received wonderful care in the VA ICU but as soon as he passed and his case was handed over to a bureaucrat it became a nightmare.

I ended up reaching out to the Patient Advocate dpt at the local VA hospital and they were a tremendous help. Might be worth a call..
        Thank you for this advice, I think I will follow up with a woman from the VA that called me, she said she was an advocate like you mentioned. She called about 3 months after Tommy passed.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Just so heavy reading this. My heart breaks. How would you like a Bolt Jersey...with Tommy and Isaac on the back nameplate. Ive never made a custom jersey...but i bet that could be done? You pick out the color and number...i can probably make that work

Aloha
          Thank you for the kind offer. It would come as no surprise but #14 would be the number.

Once they had passed I did get a personalized plate for my car hat read TDW IRW for their initials. They both loved cars, fast, fun cars.
          Last edited by FoutsFan; 10-13-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

My goodness.

I too am a father and I have tears streaming down my face right now.

It's true when they say to try to be kind to everyone you meet, you never know what the other person is dealing with.

You are a stronger man than I could ever be. You have all my thoughts/mojo/condolences heading your way.

As odd as this may sound, please know that if there is ever the urge to need to talk/vent/whatever even with a complete stranger, myself and I am sure many others here would be more than happy.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Carlsbad, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

May the peace of Christ be with you. God bless.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Best wishes to you and your family.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Thank you for the kind offer. It would come as no surprise but #14 would be the number.

Once they had passed I did get a personalized plate for my car hat read TDW IRW for their initials. They both loved cars, fast, fun cars.
                  Copy that brother. Is that what you want on the nameplate? And since its 14...you want it to be the royal jersey? Size?

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

May peace of mind be with you and your family. Condolences and God bless you man. You're right, we should never have to bury our kids, I feel your heartache. I myself had a son I lost to bone cancer. We miss him so I know what you're going through. God bless you

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. This season has been tough so far, not because of the Chargers doing Charger things as always, but I would watch the games with my sons every Sunday. Watching the games has been a dagger in my heart as I miss my boys but it is also good at the same time because it reminds me of all the good times (win or lose) I had with them watching the games in the past. I can hear them commentating on the play calls and the game in my head while watching it.

Thank you too Fleet, this place has been a good place for me to come and read, comment and helps me take my mind off of them for a bit, get away from things and just think about football for a while.
                      FoutsFan - I'm so sorry for your losses. Like other parents here I cannot begin to imagine the pain you must be suffering - the Lefty family will be praying for you.

Kind of puts the football stuff in perspective, doesn't it? We should all remember that it's entertainment, not the real world . . . . . . . . . and conduct ourselves accordingly.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

FoutsFan - so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through as well as your sons. Thoughts and best wishes to you

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Copy that brother. Is that what you want on the nameplate? And since its 14...you want it to be the royal jersey? Size?
                          XL Royal would be nice or Powder Blue, the name plate if it fits of Tommy Isaac, or TDW IRW would be great. I cannot thank you enough for all the support and letting me heal here on your forum with the Bolt family.

Comment

Working...
                          X