Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Prayers my brother. Sending Aloha.
    We get quite a few of Tommy's Army and school friends reaching out to us. At first they are asking how we are doing but as we talk to them we can tell that they are hurting really bad. My wife and I are asking them how they are doing and encouraging them to go through the grieving process as many of them have not. We sent a lot of his clothes' and school gear and military gear to his friends. They appreciated it, they are hurt by it and comforted by it at the same time.

We are giving out numbers to Grief Share and other programs that we have gone through to try and help. It's tough when you are hurting but others are asking you for help in getting through the pain. Tommy and Isaac hurt so many people so deeply with their selfish decision. Its now our responsibility to continue to pick up the pieces of their wreckage for the rest of my and my wife's life. I often referred to my life now as a life time prison sentence that ends when I pass away. People that do these types of acts have no idea the mess they leave behind and how far it reaches.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We get quite a few of Tommy's Army and school friends reaching out to us. At first they are asking how we are doing but as we talk to them we can tell that they are hurting really bad. My wife and I are asking them how they are doing and encouraging them to go through the grieving process as many of them have not. We sent a lot of his clothes' and school gear and military gear to his friends. They appreciated it, they are hurt by it and comforted by it at the same time.

We are giving out numbers to Grief Share and other programs that we have gone through to try and help. It's tough when you are hurting but others are asking you for help in getting through the pain. Tommy and Isaac hurt so many people so deeply with their selfish decision. Its now our responsibility to continue to pick up the pieces of their wreckage for the rest of my and my wife's life. I often referred to my life now as a life time prison sentence that ends when I pass away. People that do these types of acts have no idea the mess they leave behind and how far it reaches.
      How about you all get together once a month or more even. Just have a BBQ. Break Bread in Gods name. Just to keep those 2 spirits alive in all of you. Celebrate them know this is merely a spec in time compared to your eternal lives together. Its really easy for me to say these things....but honestly i cant imagine the pain. So i hope i dont come off like i make it sound easy. If this happened to me i dont what i would do. I know what im told to do...Romans 7:15...but i just think i would rebel. In a way im just trying to relate in the event i have to deal with great loss. My stepfather is not well. My brother is not well. My kids are healthy and happy though. But i talk a good game as long as they are fine. Id probably be the worst Christian if that happened to me. But i have seen Christian friends lose children and yet have come through filled with the spirit. Stronger than ever. And i saw what they did. And getting together with their kids friends and being with them...loving each other...it helped them. Aloha brother.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

How about you all get together once a month or more even. Just have a BBQ. Break Bread in Gods name. Just to keep those 2 spirits alive in all of you. Celebrate them know this is merely a spec in time compared to your eternal lives together. Its really easy for me to say these things....but honestly i cant imagine the pain. So i hope i dont come off like i make it sound easy. If this happened to me i dont what i would do. I know what im told to do...Romans 7:15...but i just think i would rebel. In a way im just trying to relate in the event i have to deal with great loss. My stepfather is not well. My brother is not well. My kids are healthy and happy though. But i talk a good game as long as they are fine. Id probably be the worst Christian if that happened to me. But i have seen Christian friends lose children and yet have come through filled with the spirit. Stronger than ever. And i saw what they did. And getting together with their kids friends and being with them...loving each other...it helped them. Aloha brother.
        we spend a lot of time with my daughter and son in law. They live about 10 minutes from us. The rest of the family is in California. We meet up when we can. God is all that keeps me sane.

We pray for Tommy’s friends, I pray for you and others here and my family. No matter what happened to our family God has been good and faithful in my life. This is just something I will not fully understand until I meet him and he explains it in only the way he can.

Thanks again I appreciate all you do here.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

It's great that you're seeking help from grief share and like people/organizations. Losing a child is like a nightmare that you don't wake up from, and the grief comes in waves. As a parent that has lost a child I found that seeking out and talking with other parents that lost a child helped. If you'd like you can call or text me any time. John 209-658-4115. God bless.

Comment

• COLDCUT
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Temecula
            • Highwayman
            • Send PM

FF, I am late to this thread and just seeing this today, Easter Sunday. Perhaps it was meant for me to see it on this day, above all others. I don’t have what I would consider to be profound words of comfort or advice. I can’t imagine the pain you have been going through. Know that even though I do not know you personally, I care about you and I pray for your healing. God care’s about you. I pray that God’s mercy fills you and your family with comfort. I pray that your mind, heart and soul is filled with nothing but happy memories of your two sons. I pray for you to realize God’s love, no matter how it is manifested. The same Godly power that resurrected Jesus’ earthly body from the dead, scars and all, has the power to heal all wounds. Remain faithful, and know that better things will come.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

we spend a lot of time with my daughter and son in law. They live about 10 minutes from us. The rest of the family is in California. We meet up when we can. God is all that keeps me sane.

We pray for Tommy’s friends, I pray for you and others here and my family. No matter what happened to our family God has been good and faithful in my life. This is just something I will not fully understand until I meet him and he explains it in only the way he can.

Thanks again I appreciate all you do here.
              jesus-hugging-a-man.jpg

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Thinking of you, FoutsFan. Your pain is understood, and in *that* understanding, you are so much less alone than you would otherwise be. May peace be with you, brother..

Comment

• Grim Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2021
                  • Send PM

Although I rarely pray anymore, my thoughts certainly are with you tonight. A few friends of mine have joined the Army over the years which has also resulted in similar dark thoughts and ultimately the same everlasting outcome. Having served in the military myself, many of my shipmates have passed already, all under the age of 25 and all with families left behind. I hope that you continue to strive for peace within for you and your family. The pain will never go away. But it will come and go as the tide does. Brave the tempest when the tides come in and feel at peace when they recede. You're never alone.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Grim Bolt View Post
                    Although I rarely pray anymore, my thoughts certainly are with you tonight. A few friends of mine have joined the Army over the years which has also resulted in similar dark thoughts and ultimately the same everlasting outcome. Having served in the military myself, many of my shipmates have passed already, all under the age of 25 and all with families left behind. I hope that you continue to strive for peace within for you and your family. The pain will never go away. But it will come and go as the tide does. Brave the tempest when the tides come in and feel at peace when they recede. You're never alone.
                    I will pray for you and your friends/families. I know life is hard, especially when these things happen to us and we lose our loved ones I ask do not give up on God/prayer. I can honestly say God and his support and the prayers of others are the only thing that keeps me and my family going.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

This is a awful hand to be dealt in life reading the first post. I definitely do not pray as much as I should but I will be petitioning the Lord for grace and healing for your family as you grieve through this awful experience. I can not even imagine, I nearly lost my son at 3 years old to a near drowning when he found a hole in the fence and got in the neighbors backyard, so I experienced a small taste of some of these feelings while he was in a coma. My deepest condolences FoutsFan.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                      X