Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
    How did I get thrown into this? I said Rivers needs an offensive line. The offensive line is a pretty big deal.

I only have this new handle because I was called out for being too negative. If all I thought we needed was Rivers, I wouldn't have this nickname. I'd probably then be Dipshit Who was Happy With the GM's Work Last Year and the Year Before.
    I like it
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Yes we need a balanced attack. Dude is breaking new ground there eh? Though i guess he forgets that the Broncos went to the SB with Peyton throwing 659 passes that season.
      I know we got Gordons college FB but im not expecting big things from him at all. He has a learning curve in this league as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        I think what I got out of this is that the perception - amongst outsiders - seems to be that the organization is CONTENT trying to rest every season on Rivers' back, and let the chips fall as they may. I, like SDfan (and unlike TLW... I refuse to call him by his new handle), believe that Rivers' role MUST be reduced for this team to get to the next level. In fact, I think it's fair to say that Rivers has FAILED in that regard.

That's not really a knock on Rivers; it's a knock on the organization throughout Rivers' career.
        Most outsiders are clueless to our team so i never take too much out of it.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Most outsiders are clueless to our team so i never take too much out of it.
          Unfortunately, we've had a lot of insiders who seemed clueless as well.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

One of the things that bothers me about so many of the sportswriters on this year's standings is that everyone seems to assume that Denver will have a great running game? That since Kubiak is the top zone running guy, that their running game will be great. This despite that they lost their starting OG, and haven't really added any new run blockers who are worth a damn.

They are also assuming that since Denver had subpar QB play, they can overcome it again. Maybe true, but in a lot of the Denver games last year, Manning was playing awful for 3 1/2 quarters, then put together a couple of good drives and win the games. DO they really think Sanchez or whoever wins the job can just turn it on like Manning did? They don't need a ton of offense, but they do need some, and without a QB, OL or RB, it seems like they need a lot of pieces to come together.

They also have that repeating SB champions thing going against them. Between the Von Miller holdout (potentially) and Talib shooting, I think they have the distraction thing going pretty good already, and the real time for that hasn't even started yet.

KC has a lot of the makings of a champion, but they still have Alex Smith at QB, an offense that is not that explosive and created a lot of key turnovers at poor opportunities, and their best player who is a question mark for the coming season (Justin Houston knee).

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Sure "Tucker"....whatevs
              Not sure of the context, or the intent. But...whatevs.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                How did I get thrown into this? I said Rivers needs an offensive line. The offensive line is a pretty big deal.

I only have this new handle because I was called out for being too negative. If all I thought we needed was Rivers, I wouldn't have this nickname. I'd probably then be Dipshit Who was Happy With the GM's Work Last Year and the Year Before.
                Because you've been pretty vocal about saying, pretty much verbatim, that Rivers could carry this team, given an offensive line. And I disagree with that assessment. If I misinterpreted what you SEEM to be saying, then I'll edit my post and delete the reference to your (former) board name.

And I know WHY you got the new name; I just think it's offensive. I always have.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Curious why you disagree about Rivers, is he not good enough?

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Curious why you disagree about Rivers, is he not good enough?
                    He simply cannot do it alone. I think that's beyond question. My beef is that management seems content to let him try.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Because you've been pretty vocal about saying, pretty much verbatim, that Rivers could carry this team, given an offensive line. And I disagree with that assessment. If I misinterpreted what you SEEM to be saying, then I'll edit my post and delete the reference to your (former) board name.

And I know WHY you got the new name; I just think it's offensive. I always have.
                      Yes. We would be Super Bowl contenders if we had an offensive line. We will find out if we have one. The Raiders are offensive.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Our defense needs to put together a complete season. Every year since Pagano took over, they have played well enough in stretches, but they have yet to put even close to a whole season together.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Our defense needs to put together a complete season. Every year since Pagano took over, they have played well enough in stretches, but they have yet to put even close to a whole season together.
                          A better defense would give us a better chance. But being mediocre, like it has, just might be enough if the offensive line would let Rivers do his thing. No team is perfect unless, of course, they cheat.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X