Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
    Derwin James will be needed against Kelce.

fuck it I’m going to say it. We are beating the Chiefs.

Chris Jones will be a problem. But we have more talent then them. We are a better team then them. The Quarterbacks are draw. Skill wise we have way better players. This chiefs team is not the super bowl Chiefs team.

they don’t have that playmaker. Now go in there and kick thier ass like the Lions.
    Not sure if your seriously joking or just delusional. With that said the Chiefs offense is not all that. So we have a chance assuming:

No stupid defensive penalties on 3rd down.
    Fourth and one Staley doesn't lose his mind.
    Give Herbert a clean pocket.
    Win the turn over battle.
    Keep Kelce/Mahomes in check.

Tall order if you ask me.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

the thorn in my side after this game is.... MW.

still a broken record, as TT overdrafted him and then compounded the problem by overpaying him, and despite that he is a known injury risk, and that when he is on the field he is oft hobbled.

we also spent a third on Palmer, a decent WR3. TT also overdrafted QJ, and flat out missed on Dalton Kincaid and Flowers.

will also add, and not that Khalil hasn't been a godsend more oft than not, and.... TT eliminated himself from the chance to draft George Pickett, by doling out huge cap dollars to Mack.

and despite all that, and luckily enough, my personal suspicion is that there is still a simple solution, and readily available.... play DD.

regarding the run game, think we need to spread the ball around a bit more in the backfield.... Kelley didn't do much, but not sure we should abandon ship quite yet there ??

and Kellen Moore.... not sure what to say, and.... dude missed a golden opportunity last night.

defense played alright, albeit as one poster has pointed out, when Justin completes 70 percent of his passes, we usually do alright.... instead our defense gave up the 70 percent to Dak.

not sure last night wasn't a turning point for this regime, as in theory, Moore shoulda, woulda, coulda had his coming out game, and.... no Joey, MW nor Corey, and....

you can give team Tommy John all the hall passes you want, and.... it's their responsibility, and.... Brandon has not done much to shore up the leaks/deficiencies either.

Dean is gonna have a decision to make re: selling the team, as he has given young John pretty much all that he could ask for.... when is it time to face the music ??

Harbaugh pls,
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Belichick has won 6 Superbowls and been to 9 Superbowls as a HC. Before that he won 2 Superbowls as a defensive co-ordinator.

Belichick has earned his credibility when he has a bad season out of many great seasons. With a track record like his you really shouldn't compare the two coaches, it makes you sound stupid.
        You really should not end your post with that sentence.
        It make you sound like a .......insert insult here
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...time to CLEAN CASA...
          What I've been saying since January, 2023.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Get off the Bandwagon. Go on, get!
            I'm sticking with this team and this HC all season long and into the post season. If they reach the mountain top. It will be great. If they don't then I will join 31 other teams fans in looking forward to next year.

100percent behind the 2023 Chargers!!!!!

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The OL which was supposedly very good has shown itself to not be as good as people thought it was. ​
              Where was this stated that the offensive line was supposed to be good? I take issue with this single point, Chargers drafted a OG in the 6th Round and the offensive line was
              not addressed. Chargers did take a WR in the 1st Round, but he did not make a single play last night. If Herbert ain't throwing to him, well, that's on Telesco's project. He will require more time develop, IMO.

Outside of Slater it is suspect. Who was able to conceive that Zion Johnson and Jamaree Salyer would have the struggles they are having?​
              Zion Johnson and Jamaree are inconsistent because the Center is unfamiliar and the RT is inconsistent and has been his entire career, IMO.

Not enough games to say if they're simply having a sophomore slump or if one or both of them are regressing. Pipkins can do fine when he's facing average edge players, but when he's going up against superior edge players they show him they're his daddy. Linsley is missed. When he's there, the OL unit does a better job in run blocking and pass blocking. The team will have to find a future center to replace him when Linsley's time is done. ​
              I didn't see the slant plays being used like in previous games. Those are useful in beating defenses that like to blitz or crowd the box. Opponents who study the Chargers' offense won't allow KA to go wild like Minnesota did. So we really need the other WRs to step up. Palmer has shown he can deliver. QJ needs to show that he can be reliable. Depending on how he does when he gets back, Guyton should help in areas that the offense needs. A veteran like him is what could help in times of trouble.

Pass rush up front is one of the things the team has going on defense. When it comes to pass defense and coverage, the team is real bad. Opposing offenses eat them up. If the pass rush doesn't get the QB or affect his reads/throws, the defense fails because of how bad the players in coverage are. There's a lot on that side of the roster that needs an upgrade.
              ​[/QUOTE]

Chargers need a new Center in 2024. I agree entirely with your points on hot-reads, the counter to a blitz is a Slugo route, a slant and go.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                the thorn in my side after this game is.... MW.

still a broken record, as TT overdrafted him and then compounded the problem by overpaying him, and despite that he is a known injury risk, and that when he is on the field he is oft hobbled.

we also spent a third on Palmer, a decent WR3. TT also overdrafted QJ, and flat out missed on Dalton Kincaid and Flowers.

will also add, and not that Khalil hasn't been a godsend more oft than not, and.... TT eliminated himself from the chance to draft George Pickett, by doling out huge cap dollars to Mack.

and despite all that, and luckily enough, my personal suspicion is that there is still a simple solution, and readily available.... play DD.

regarding the run game, think we need to spread the ball around a bit more in the backfield.... Kelley didn't do much, but not sure we should abandon ship quite yet there ??

and Kellen Moore.... not sure what to say, and.... dude missed a golden opportunity last night.

defense played alright, albeit as one poster has pointed out, when Justin completes 70 percent of his passes, we usually do alright.... instead our defense gave up the 70 percent to Dak.

not sure last night wasn't a turning point for this regime, as in theory, Moore shoulda, woulda, coulda had his coming out game, and.... no Joey, MW nor Corey, and....

you can give team Tommy John all the hall passes you want, and.... it's their responsibility, and.... Brandon has not done much to shore up the leaks/deficiencies either.

Dean is gonna have a decision to make re: selling the team, as he has given young John pretty much all that he could ask for.... when is it time to face the music ??

Harbaugh pls,
                Agree completely. Telesco overdrafted Mike Williams and then turned around and did it again in 2023 with Quentin Johnston. The right tackle Telesco drafted as well as Kenneth Murray II are still struggling to develop consistency in Year Five. Jesus Christ.

No to Harbaugh. Thanks.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Each loss from this point forward has the ever present silver lining: It’s one less game we have to endure Staley as the HC.
                  That the takeaway for me too, this is a Win/Win as I view it as well. I will watch another Spanos squad fumble-fuck around and maybe get a Wildcard and if they do not, the GM and the Head Coach are fired.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Agree completely. Telesco overdrafted Mike Williams and then turned around and did it again in 2023 with Quentin Johnston. The right tackle Telesco drafted as well as Kenneth Murray II are still struggling to develop consistency in Year Five. Jesus Christ.

No to Harbaugh. Thanks.
                    I wanted them to draft Joey Porter Jr. -CB
                    I'm betting the CB would have played more snaps than QJ.
                    QJ is talented and should have a good career as NFL WR.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That the takeaway for me too, this is a Win/Win as I view it as well. I will watch another Spanos squad fumble-fuck around and maybe get a Wildcard and if they do not, the GM and the Head Coach are fired.
                      Is this like when we see a ball squirm around into many hands before someone finally lands on it? Chargers make it to the playoffs with some talent and luck but go no further. LOL!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Get off the Bandwagon. Go on, get!
                        I'm sticking with this team and this HC all season long and into the post season. If they reach the mountain top. It will be great. If they don't then I will join 31 other teams fans in looking forward to next year.

100percent behind the 2023 Chargers!!!!!

We took the proverbial, "2 steps backs" last night.
                        Staley did not have his guys ready to play ie penalties.
                        His game plan didn't make sense to me (giving WRs cushion) but ultimately the Defense didn't give up too many points.
                        with all that said, I put this more on Herbert and moore, and I out Staley as number 3 biggest reason we lost.
                        I say going on the road in 6 days js best for thjs team as they mentally are better equipped to play the under dogs imo
                        I can chalk this L up to Moore being outcoached between McCarthy and Quinn who in hindsight may have focused on us at the expense of overlooking the 9ers.
                        tip my cap to Dallas and move on.
                        Staley has to figure out how to fix Vato and growing in sentiment is my unpopular opinion that Derwin's presence is NOT a help to this particular team.
                        I know we can't and won't realistically trade him because it's not realistic capwise, but I have a sneaky suspicion that our secondary will not play together until Derwin is on another roster. Personally I'm willing to take the dead cap hit if we could unload Derwin for day 1 draft capital or a young, cheap ascending player like Kyle Pitts.
                        Imo Pitts fixes the Mike Williams problem better than even Mike could. Imo Mike was drafted to replace the production we had from our then aging all-world TE Gates and why we chose him over Hunter Henry in FA. Herbert needs a sure handed target with a big target area for high volume role. I would trade Derwin for him asap.

btw, Staley wasn't wrong about being good on 3rd down, factoring out penalties and subjectively, "costly 3rd downs"

2024: Far From Over

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

The offensive line was supposed to be good. Slayer and Zion are 1st rounders. Slayer a Pro Bowler. Sayler developed into a good addition even though
                          drafted in the 6th round. He's probably been one of our best OL guys. Our center is an experienced Pro Bowler, although now out. Our only perceived
                          weakness was at RT. They are underachieving our expectations. No run game and trouble against better pass rushers.

Comment

Working...
                          X