Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Mike Florio contends that the exuberant Chargers fan was an actor, paid by the Spanoses (presumably) to "prove" the Chargers actually have fans.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ic-or-an-actor

"As my son and I watched the game in the PFT barn, he said what many were surely thinking: “She’s an actor.”

Here’s the giveaway. People who are in the same space during a football game don’t celebrate alone. They celebrate together, with hugs and hollers and high fives that often miss the mark.

Would it be a surprise for the Chargers, who are languishing behind the Rams in a market that still remains far more loyal to the Raiders than either of the two home teams, to arrange for someone to pretend to be overly anxious and excited about the events unfolding on the field?"​

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Mike Florio contends that the exuberant Chargers fan was an actor, paid by the Spanoses (presumably) to "prove" the Chargers actually have fans.

"As my son and I watched the game in the PFT barn, he said what many were surely thinking: “She’s an actor.”

Here’s the giveaway. People who are in the same space during a football game don’t celebrate alone. They celebrate together, with hugs and hollers and high fives that often miss the mark.

Would it be a surprise for the Chargers, who are languishing behind the Rams in a market that still remains far more loyal to the Raiders than either of the two home teams, to arrange for someone to pretend to be overly anxious and excited about the events unfolding on the field?"​

^ This actually wouldn't surprise me...usually, the cameramen at the games show a VARIETY of fan reactions, from DIFFERENT fans...however, it's highly suspicious they kept going back to this same Giddy Gal, then she turns into Woeful Woman, then back to Giddy Gal again...apparently, the CAMERAMAN also got the memo...

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

i go back to 3rd and 19 on the last Dallas drive. 2 fucking penalties on the defense - take your pick for the free first down. the refs were trigger happy for Dallas, but you have to make the cowboys earn the yards.

you might as well have thrown in another Derwin personal foul to complete the trifecta. shit.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This actually wouldn't surprise me...usually, the cameramen at the games show a VARIETY of fan reactions, from DIFFERENT fans...however, it's highly suspicious they kept going back to this same Giddy Gal, then she turns into Woeful Woman, then back to Giddy Gal again...apparently, the CAMERAMAN also got the memo...
          i agree

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Third and 19 in crunchtime...Defensive Holding...automatic first down. Failure to get stops on third down is a pervasive problem. Fire Staley.

Now let's talk about busts. We are good at that early midround and late. Tillery. Lamp. Feeney. JJones... McKitty/Woods/Kelley/Spiller the midrounders kill us). Fire Telesco, Kevin Kelly and scouts.

Now move on to player development (very important). The Chargers have underperformed here. We miss Frank Smith and Renaldo Hill for starters. Fire the Assistant Coaches.

We have an organizational problem.
            Nothing fresh stated here.
            Just a declaration.
            Accountability is demanded.

Yep...time to CLEAN CASA...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Next day:

We suck. Both O (17 points?!) and D. Bad team, some good players but bad team.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Not a good night for the line, especially the tackles. Pipkins is just a guy, but Slater having such a bad game is surprising.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Next day:

We suck. Both O (17 points?!) and D. Bad team, some good players but bad team.
                  Coaching matters.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

AI. gotta be

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Coaching matters.
                      I dunno, tell NE that.

Also good job D holding Dallas to 20 points. Seriously, we shoulda won walking away holding any team to 20.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

She's a real fan. A big fan. Her husband is Tuan Pham, he runs the "Cabana Crew" Facebook page. Tuan brings people together on a game by game basis as individuals to form group so they can all go in on a suite together because the majority of us can't afford one individually. He is a pretty cool dude, does it all as a service. There are tons of pictures of her at various games on their FB page. I have not done it yet but those fans that have bought in love it and swear by Tuan and his efforts. Look it up...

Oh and fuck Florio, he has always hated the Chargers.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I dunno, tell NE that.

Also good job D holding Dallas to 20 points. Seriously, we shoulda won walking away holding any team to 20.
                          You have to have talent to succeed as well, so Belichick the GM has massively failed Belichick the coach.

I think the Chargers are underachieving far more than they are devoid of talent, hence my comment that coaching matters.

Comment

Working...
                          X