• Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
    Considering that nobody has solved poverty and crime in any city anywhere ever, I'm thinking the answer isn't simple.

Cops are in my complex quite a bit. I don't think I'm going to change that.
    One person, Rosa Parks, refused to move from her seat on a bus, and ignited the civil rights movement.

One person, Curtis Silva, got tired of subway crime in NYC, and founded the Guardian Angels.

One person, Mahatma Ghandi, decided to stand up to the British Empire, and won independence for the entire nation of India.

One person, Mother Teresa, decided she was tired of seeing the poor of India suffer, and launched a movement to help them.

And you think you're powerless.
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
      One person, Rosa Parks, refused to move from her seat on a bus, and ignited the civil rights movement.

One person, Curtis Silva, got tired of subway crime in NYC, and founded the Guardian Angels.

One person, Mahatma Ghandi, decided to stand up to the British Empire, and won independence for the entire nation of India.

One person, Mother Teresa, decided she was tired of seeing the poor of India suffer, and launched a movement to help them.

And you think you're powerless.
      Although this has nothing to do with my message, I like your philosophy better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Yeah, that seems like a really weird strategy to me as well.
        Wanting police to stop shooting you, so you shoot them? Umm, that's most definitely NOT going to work.

Yep. No way, no how.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Yeah, that seems like a really weird strategy to me as well.
          Wanting police to stop shooting you, so you shoot them? Umm, that's most definitely NOT going to work.
          What I don't get is why the outrage about the police shootings, all the while completely ignoring a much bigger problem - black on black killings. Black on black killings outnumber deaths by the police 40-1 over the past 3 years. Maybe I am naive, but isn't that a much bigger problem?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            What I don't get is why the outrage about the police shootings, all the while completely ignoring a much bigger problem - black on black killings. Black on black killings outnumber deaths by the police 40-1 over the past 3 years. Maybe I am naive, but isn't that a much bigger problem?

The difference is that the police are held to a different standard as protectors and defenders of the just. And I think it should be that way. I believe black folks will admit that black on black killing is a major problem but that police profiling/brutality/intimidation/etc... is maybe just as big. Because it shows them that they are not worthy of being protected as other groups of people are. And that is a big deal. The psychological part of this issue isn't brought up enough IMO.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              The difference is that the police are held to a different standard as protectors and defenders of the just. And I think it should be that way. I believe black folks will admit that black on black killing is a major problem but that police profiling/brutality/intimidation/etc... is maybe just as big. Because it shows them that they are not worthy of being protected as other groups of people are. And that is a big deal. The psychological part of this issue isn't brought up enough IMO.
              So if it's maybe just as big of a problem than shouldn't there be maybe just as big of an outrage at those killings? I watch the news and see that 60 people (almost all black) were shot in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend, yet heard no outrage. Michael Brown is killed and the world melts down, despite the fact that a grand jury could not find a reason to indict the cop and we find out later this guy robbed a store and pushed around the store clerk while doing it. Clearly any cop abusing his power should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I just find it strange when people pick and choose when to be outraged about something, especially when black on black crime affects a much higher number of people than issues with cops.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                So if it's maybe just as big of a problem than shouldn't there be maybe just as big of an outrage at those killings? I watch the news and see that 60 people (almost all black) were shot in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend, yet heard no outrage. Michael Brown is killed and the world melts down, despite the fact that a grand jury could not find a reason to indict the cop and we find out later this guy robbed a store and pushed around the store clerk while doing it. Clearly any cop abusing his power should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I just find it strange when people pick and choose when to be outraged about something, especially when black on black crime affects a much higher number of people than issues with cops.
                People often protest the government or maybe businesses we think are doing us wrong. We don't often protest general murderers.

I don't walk around thinking - fuck the Manson Family! Give me a goddamn sign so I can protest.

But I do often think - fuck these taxes! fuck war! or, oh shit! cop at 7 o'clock! Human nature, dude. We protest the powers that be. It doesn't mean we think murderers are okay.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X