Chargers (+6) @ Chiefs Pregame Discussion (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Healthy inactive followed by reports that he wouldn’t go into the game when asked. I’d say that’s getting sideways
    He was a healthy inactive in 2022 too. Next game, he came in and played better given the opportunity.
    This time "he wouldn't go into the game when asked"...?
    The only thing that is sideways... is his head.
    Later Gator. That attitude suggests that he's unwilling... or is questioning his ability to perform.
    Either way... that won't make the team better. As a teammate, I couldn't trust him.
    I hope the Chargers abuse him in Foxborough. It's the least he owes us.
    $18 million/year and won't go into a game... Yikes!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Woke up and shot up some hopium
      Hopefully the feeling emanates to da-feet...

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, his recognition needs to improve. There are open receivers he's not seeing. His pre-snap recognition needs to improve. Kellen Moore's play design needs to improve also... I envisioned something much harder to defend than what we saw against Dallas.

Almost every time DD gets the ball, something good happens. And when it doesn't, at least the defense has something different to think about and defend. I have no explanation for jet sweeps to Everett and/or [insert any Chargers receiver's name]. Put this guy in already! Put him in motion already! Send him long to stretch the field... goodness...
        In that vid with all of QJ's plays against Dallas (posted in a different thread), it is clear there were open receivers all over that were missed (including QJ). Definitely something off with him...I think maybe the pressure was getting to him and he began to get a little gun shy.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Can we draw inspiration from the 2009 season?

That year the Chargers were 2-2 going into their week 5 bye (like this season).

In week 6 after their bye they lost frustratingly at home (like this season), giving up 34 points to the Broncos. It was the third time in six games they had given up 30+ points. In week 4 before the bye they had given up 38 points to the Steelers.

In Week 7 they were on the road in KC (like this season), and beat the Chiefs 34-7. They didn't lose again that season, winning 11 straight, still a franchise record, to finish 13-3.

Ron Rivera was the DC in 2009. Jamal Williams had been lost to a season-ending injury in week 1. In fact it was the last game he would ever play for the Chargers. He had been the anchor of the defense for years.

After losing Jamal, the Chargers' defense gave up an average of 25.2 pts per in the first five games.

During the 11 game win streak, which started with their 6th game in week 7, it gave up 16.7 pts per.

The Chargers had Rivers, Gates, Sproles, Dielman, Hardwick, V. Jackson, M McNeil, L Vasquez ..... on offense.
          And NOrv's system had been in place for some time.

That Chief's team was hot garbage.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

No . . . . . . . . we'll probably be better without him and the free 15 yards he likes to give out.
            So you are fine with Kelce going for 200 +

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
              How can they win Sunday with no running game, JH running for his life and with DB's playing 10 yards of the WR? Line of scrimmage game. KC excels at that. And they have a great QB, TE and COACHES!
              And Andy Reid having 5 days to watch tape and put together the game plan.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I thought Calahan was a solid CB..... not the guy to cover speedsters but solid against medium speed guys.... they cut him to save money i think....
                He didn't cost much last year; he played well

He wouldn't have cost much this year: Staley/Telesco preferred their younger players.

No team wants him ..... ????

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

BTW, where do I get some of that hopium?

Whose the local dealer here?

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Keelan Doss and Mark Webb elevated. Guess that means Derwin is out. What a waste. All that athletic ability

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

In that vid with all of QJ's plays against Dallas (posted in a different thread), it is clear there were open receivers all over that were missed (including QJ). Definitely something off with him...I think maybe the pressure was getting to him and he began to get a little gun shy.
                      Maybe it's his 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years...?
                      IMO, he relies on Keenan too much. That's fine if the defense hasn't schemed to take Keenan away via double team or bracket... if that is the case, then there will be receivers open. JH needs to anticipate who it will be.

Justin had to learn 3 different offenses in college... and now 3 different offenses in the NFL. At some point, he'll need some consistency if he'll be expected to develop.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                        BTW, where do I get some of that hopium?

Whose the local dealer here?
                        I'll be your huckleberry... what do you need?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'll be your huckleberry... what do you need?
                          Better save some of that 'hopium' for yourself . . . . . . . . . . I've got a sweet avatar selected for ya !

Comment

Working...
                          X