Chargers (+6) @ Chiefs Pregame Discussion (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think they split with KC (certainly if KC is resting starters in Week 18)
    Chicago
    NYJ
    GB
    NE
    Broncos twice
    Rai-duhs

That puts us @10 wins.
    Detroit and Baltimore are at home... so I'll say a toss-up there. Lions have beat-up on bad teams (KC w/o Jones and Kelce) and Baltimore matches up poorly with us.
    I think your pretty optimistic here . . . . . . . . . . . . . time will tell

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

Chargers Chiefs Game Preview Breakdown:

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I think your pretty optimistic here . . . . . . . . . . . . . time will tell
        Are you on the Jim Harbaugh Hopium Train...?
        I see the Sean Payton Hopium Train de-railed right out of the station...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Chargers need a thumper and should really think about Trading for Derrick Henry. I know they want to play Tajee Spears. And we need to go for it. Eckler can’t run between the tackles. He’s a third down back. They need a guy to get those 4th and 1 yds. Also they should try to trade for Saquon Barkley. I also think Rashad Penny could be had.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

I think they split with KC (certainly if KC is resting starters in Week 18)
            Chicago
            NYJ
            GB
            NE
            Broncos twice
            Rai-duhs

That puts us @10 wins.
            Detroit and Baltimore are at home... so I'll say a toss-up there. Lions have beat-up on bad teams (KC w/o Jones and Kelce) and Baltimore matches up poorly with us.
            It's easy to make these sorta predictions when assuming the team you see now is the same team that'll play those games, but you have to remember this is the chargers so figure a minimum of 25 players on IR for most of those games.

They're already starting the 5th & 6th string safeties. By the time they play that last chiefs game you gotta figure Sarell will be starting at left tackle, Derius Davis will be the only receiver left from the current top 4, both starting corners will be guys not even on the current roster, Stick will be starting at QB, and that's just a start of what's to come.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

It's easy to make these sorta predictions when assuming the team you see now is the same team that'll play those games, but you have to remember this is the chargers so figure a minimum of 25 players on IR for most of those games.

They're already starting the 5th & 6th string safeties. By the time they play that last chiefs game you gotta figure Sarell will be starting at left tackle, Derius Davis will be the only receiver left from the current top 4, both starting corners will be guys not even on the current roster, Stick will be starting at QB, and that's just a start of what's to come.
              IF all of those assumptions turn out to be true... then ya, we probably won't win all of those games. But no team could endure ALL of those injuries.
              What if Buffalo... or 49ers... or Philly... [insert any top team's name here] start stacking injuries like you've described here...?

We saw what happened to the Chiefs in the SB a couple years ago. We saw what happened to the 49ers last year when Purdy went down...

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

At the rate of injuries so far and so many games left, the entire practice squad may see some action. Maybe one will be a surprise. I’ll have to check out that list, lol.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Are you on the Jim Harbaugh Hopium Train...?
                  I see the Sean Payton Hopium Train de-railed right out of the station...
                  Personally I don't care for Harbaugh's arrogant personality, but I do think he'd be the kind of coach to get the most out of the existing talent on this team, provide accountability, get rid of the country club atmosphere, and dump the non-performers, but IMO I don't think there's any way in hell the Spanos will hire him. He'd want complete control and a ton of money - he's the polar opposite of what the Spanos want. Same reason why they weren't interested in Sean Payton . . . . . . . . . . . . or won't be interested in BB, etc.

FYI - none of the established high profile head coaches will come here, unless ownership has a dramatic change of heart . . . . . . . all of the established HC's have enormous egos - they're not going to come here and accept being under Johnny's thumb . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                    Chargers need a thumper and should really think about Trading for Derrick Henry. I know they want to play Tajee Spears. And we need to go for it. Eckler can’t run between the tackles. He’s a third down back. They need a guy to get those 4th and 1 yds. Also they should try to trade for Saquon Barkley. I also think Rashad Penny could be had.
                    thats called trying to improve the team with actual players.

Chargers don't do that.

they rather try to find some more JAG's

Comment

• Bolts0503
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2022
                      • Send PM

Agree Lefty2slo. I think we know how this goes. Staley makes it thru a 7-10 season, gets fired, Spanos then looks for a defensive coordinator. Aaron Glen from Detroit will be the big name in the off-season. As unexciting as it sounds, Jim Schwartz of Cleveland as a retread is a possibility given our history of giving new life to coaches we thought were done for.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post
                        Agree Lefty2slo. I think we know how this goes. Staley makes it thru a 7-10 season, gets fired, Spanos then looks for a defensive coordinator. Aaron Glen from Detroit will be the big name in the off-season. As unexciting as it sounds, Jim Schwartz of Cleveland as a retread is a possibility given our history of giving new life to coaches we thought were done for.
                        Yep. Maybe we'll get lucky with some of these guys - lord knows we're due . . . . . . . . . . I thought we had something with Staley, until I realized he was just a BSer.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Three Cowboys were fined for Mon night's game, no Chargers.

Cowboys, Dorance Armstrong, unnecessary roughness, $21,855.

Cowboys, Markquese Bell, unnecessary roughness, $4,861.

Cowboys, Jayron Kearse, unnecessary roughness, $21,855.
                          ​

Comment

Working...
                          X