Chargers (+6) @ Chiefs Pregame Discussion (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOrvMeNow
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post
    Agree Lefty2slo. I think we know how this goes. Staley makes it thru a 7-10 season, gets fired, Spanos then looks for a defensive coordinator. Aaron Glen from Detroit will be the big name in the off-season. As unexciting as it sounds, Jim Schwartz of Cleveland as a retread is a possibility given our history of giving new life to coaches we thought were done for.
    Do the Chargers have a history of hiring retreads? Norv and who else?

Jim Schwartz would be a hell of a lot better than the last 4 head coaches hired.

Having said that, I think they hire an O.C. for their head coach next year.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Personally I don't care for Harbaugh's arrogant personality, but I do think he'd be the kind of coach to get the most out of the existing talent on this team, provide accountability, get rid of the country club atmosphere, and dump the non-performers, but IMO I don't think there's any way in hell the Spanos will hire him. He'd want complete control and a ton of money - he's the polar opposite of what the Spanos want. Same reason why they weren't interested in Sean Payton . . . . . . . . . . . . or won't be interested in BB, etc.

FYI - none of the established high profile head coaches will come here, unless ownership has a dramatic change of heart . . . . . . . all of the established HC's have enormous egos - they're not going to come here and accept being under Johnny's thumb . . . . . . . . .
      Yeah, I'm not a big fan of arrogant coaches either... it's a long list. I also agree that the Chargers probably won't hire that sort of coach. I think they're trying to catch "lightning in a bottle"... trying to prove how smart they are [or not]. They see this as a family-run team... want to be the "deciders"... have egos (as you point out). I'd hope that nobody is under "Johnny's thumb". It should be enough for him that he gets to be seen rubbing elbows with real football people... gets to sit at the meetings... gets to listen in on the conversations... or watch a little tape.

I guess it's why I hope so badly that Staley can turn these players around. It's such a futile turnstile of coaching changes. If nothing else, it would let Herbert attempt to master someone's offensive scheme.

You do realize that there's a very good chance that the next coach could be worse, right...?

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Keep Moore as OC, no matter what. Another OC could start messing with Herbert’s mental well being.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Do the Chargers have a history of hiring retreads? Norv and who else?

Jim Schwartz would be a hell of a lot better than the last 4 head coaches hired.

Having said that, I think they hire an O.C. for their head coach next year.
          Agree that an offensive minded HC is the right way to go.....

Most of the best HC's in NFL were offensive minds...... Offensive minded coaches typically want aggressive offenses offenses AND aggressive low scoring defenses.....
          Most Defensive minded HC's are conservative and want a slow scoring low scoring boring offense that does not make turnovers.... or put his defense in bad situations..... Bekkycheat is one of the extremely RARE defensive minded coaches who also wants an aggressive offense to go with his aggressive defense.....

The other advantage is if you have a great offensive minded HC, your star QB gets a consistent message and coaching year after year, because no one hoires them away.......and does not have to deal with a new coach every year or so like Herbert does.... Great OC's get hired away quickly to be HC's..... DC's much less so.....

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Three Cowboys were fined for Mon night's game, no Chargers.

Cowboys, Dorance Armstrong, unnecessary roughness, $21,855.

Cowboys, Markquese Bell, unnecessary roughness, $4,861.

Cowboys, Jayron Kearse, unnecessary roughness, $21,855.
            ​
            On the bright side, at least they won… I rather have a couple of Chargers get fined but get the W

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, his recognition needs to improve. There are open receivers he's not seeing. His pre-snap recognition needs to improve. Kellen Moore's play design needs to improve also... I envisioned something much harder to defend than what we saw against Dallas.

Almost every time DD gets the ball, something good happens. And when it doesn't, at least the defense has something different to think about and defend. I have no explanation for jet sweeps to Everett and/or [insert any Chargers receiver's name]. Put this guy in already! Put him in motion already! Send him long to stretch the field... goodness...
              DD did 2 offense snaps vs Dallas. And the punt/kick returns.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

DD did 2 offense snaps vs Dallas. And the punt/kick returns.
                There was a time, long ago, when Herbert connected with multiple receivers in a game.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Are you on the Jim Harbaugh Hopium Train...?
                  I see the Sean Payton Hopium Train de-railed right out of the station...
                  Coach Payton is a good coach, I think it’s Russell Wilson who is not good. I wish we could have gotten Coach Payton.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

We need someone with mojo to start the Game Day thread. Just can't be the last one with a loss.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      We need someone with mojo to start the Game Day thread. Just can't be the last one with a loss.
                      I can't remember if I've already started a game day thread. I know I started a pregame discussion thread.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2023
                        • Send PM

The Chiefs rarely have a flop game and play constantly well every game. Let say the chargers beat Chiefs with out Derwin. Would that win be do to a high motivation to beat KC or Stanley’s adjustments for learning in Dallas blitz happy defensive?

chargers held Dallas to 19 points but CD Lamp caught 7/7 passes. The key will be to take Kielce away at what cost.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Getting late... I'll start it.

Comment

Working...
                          X