Chargers (+6) @ Chiefs Pregame Discussion (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

Coach Payton is a good coach, I think it’s Russell Wilson who is not good. I wish we could have gotten Coach Payton.
    Wasn't it his job to fix Russell?
    How did Denver's defense become instantly horrible?
    I think Coach Payton gets a lot of the accolades that should have gone to Drew Brees.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

DD did 2 offense snaps vs Dallas. And the punt/kick returns.
      IMO, this is a waste of talent. I'm gonna start drawing plays on napkins, sneak them into the bagel boxes that arrive for early morning Chargers' meetings. See if we can get those creative juices flowing.

2 snaps...? Really?!

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

thats called trying to improve the team with actual players.

Chargers don't do that.

they rather try to find some more JAG's
        Haha

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, this is a waste of talent. I'm gonna start drawing plays on napkins, sneak them into the bagel boxes that arrive for early morning Chargers' meetings. See if we can get those creative juices flowing.

2 snaps...? Really?!
          I was taking them as more of a croissant crowd … and do include a gallon of juice, they were depleted last that I saw them
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Apparently, the Chargers are 3rd in the NFL in sacks (despite having so many JAG's and playing 1-less game than anybody in front of them). Pressure Mahommes with the pass rush and spy him with Kendricks. Put JAG Derwin on Kelce and hope that all of those future HOF WR's continue to have off-years.

Hopefully on offense JAGS Herbert, Allen, Ekeler, and Slater can manage to get something going against future HOF Drue Tranquill...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Let’s Go!!!!!!!!! Got a Taylor swift Jersey on lol.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2023
                • Send PM

Wasn't it his job to fix Russell?
                How did Denver's defense become instantly horrible?
                I think Coach Payton gets a lot of the accolades that should have gone to Drew Brees.
                Hopefully you’re right and I’m wrong. But wasn’t Stanley brought in to fix this second most expensive Defense?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of arrogant coaches either... it's a long list. I also agree that the Chargers probably won't hire that sort of coach. I think they're trying to catch "lightning in a bottle"... trying to prove how smart they are [or not]. They see this as a family-run team... want to be the "deciders"... have egos (as you point out). I'd hope that nobody is under "Johnny's thumb". It should be enough for him that he gets to be seen rubbing elbows with real football people... gets to sit at the meetings... gets to listen in on the conversations... or watch a little tape.

I guess it's why I hope so badly that Staley can turn these players around. It's such a futile turnstile of coaching changes. If nothing else, it would let Herbert attempt to master someone's offensive scheme.

You do realize that there's a very good chance that the next coach could be worse, right...?

I do . . . . . . . . . . . that's always a possibility, but at this point can we do worse? Staley's had enough time to show who he is, and he's not even an average NFL HC, and most certainly NOT a defensive 'genius', not matter how many glib interviews he gives.

It may not be a popular position but I'd keep Moore so Herbert can stay in the same system, change out HC's and any other position coaches the new HC wants . . . . . .

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                    [/B][/U]

I do . . . . . . . . . . . that's always a possibility, but at this point can we do worse? Staley's had enough time to show who he is, and he's not even an average NFL HC, and most certainly NOT a defensive 'genius', not matter how many glib interviews he gives.

It may not be a popular position but I'd keep Moore so Herbert can stay in the same system, change out HC's and any other position coaches the new HC wants . . . . . .
                    There are only 2 teams in the entire league with fewer wins than we have. How much worse could it be?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Apparently, the Chargers are 3rd in the NFL in sacks (despite having so many JAG's and playing 1-less game than anybody in front of them)
                      . Pressure Mahommes with the pass rush and spy him with Kendricks. Put JAG Derwin on Kelce and hope that all of those future HOF WR's continue to have off-years.

Hopefully on offense JAGS Herbert, Allen, Ekeler, and Slater can manage to get something going against future HOF Drue Tranquill...
                      Stats can be deceiving, can't they? Mahomes had plenty of time in the pocket today, and got the edge whenever he wanted . . . . . . . . . . . too bad we can't play the Raiders and their rookie QB every game . . . . . .

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

[U][B]

Stats can be deceiving, can't they? Mahomes had plenty of time in the pocket today, and got the edge whenever he wanted . . . . . . . . . . . too bad we can't play the Raiders and their rookie QB every game . . . . . .
                        Comparing the time Mahomes had and the time Herbert had is pretty depressing.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

[U][B]

It's a bit harder when the defense decides not to cover Kelce.

Comment

Working...
                          X