Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    DJ Moore licking his chops
    Any good receiver must be

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So John saw that crossing pattern that QJ took to the house against Michigan and saw a big fast WR and thought "thats the guy"

I can see it actually that he would be blinded by big and fast
      well if Moore would watch this tape and maybe use QJ on crossing routes we could see something special. QJ is not MDub and using him that way is achieving poor results.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

I have been defensive of the team and coaches, though critical also...and I have said that 2 and 4 doesnt mean the season is over....however, the margin for error is all but gone. There are games left we simply cant afford to lose. This is one of them.

The Bears are reenergized behind the young gunslinger from Shepherd...dont sell Bagent short...he is actually playing pretty good...and playing smart...

That said, we should win this game...no excuses...the season is on the line. This week, we find out if there is a heartbeat on this season...hard to see a successful path after a loss here...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Kellyb72601
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Bears are good at run defense, and poor at pass defense.
          What is your prediction ?
          Will the Chargers try to run the ball, and will they be successful ?
          I think they'll look good offensively & do pretty much whatever they want vs the Bears. That's what they do vs bad teams.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

well if Moore would watch this tape and maybe use QJ on crossing routes we could see something special. QJ is not MDub and using him that way is achieving poor results.
            I agree. Or do a rub route to get him free. Moore can utilize him similar to Tyrel “body catcher” Williams.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I think they'll look good offensively & do pretty much whatever they want vs the Bears. That's what they do vs bad teams.
              I expect we will revisit this issue as the season plays out, taking into account variables, such as matchups and injuries.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'll be damned if I start wishing for losses. I've got better things to do with my time.
                If I thought moving up 10 spaces in the draft would help... I'd come over to the dark side.
                We have a QB. We have pass rushers. We have a LT. That's what you draft in the top-10.

There are good players in the back-half of a draft.
                If it is the coach you want fired... look at recent history.
                There is a very good possibility that this ownership will only swing-and-miss again.
                So we should just stick with the loser mentality that is Staley and Telesco and do nothing? Stand pat? Just shoot the shit here about strategy, X's and O's, how can win the next game, rah, rah, rah? Sounds like we're playing the fiddle while Rome burns. I have higher hopes for this team.

This is NOT a good team. This team is NOT well coached. One win against a playoff team in the last 24 games is pretty telling, to me at least. The way I see it is this: You stick with Staley & Co and you're firmly committed to the Circle of Mediocrity. You clean house and there's at least A CHANCE that Spanos gets it right. The Spanos' owned the team when both Ross and Schotty were hired, so there's that hope that lightning will strike again. And that's all any of us have now: the hope that things will change for the better. Because the current product is just bad.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

So if we lose to the Bears, can we start a "Draft Brock Bowers" thread? At least WE can be productive!!!

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    So if we lose to the Bears, can we start a "Draft Brock Bowers" thread? At least WE can be productive!!!
                    If they lose to Da Bearz at home against a Div II UDFA QB, I have to think Staley is out the next day.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      He just had ankle surgery so he’d be a good Charger

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

If the Bears lose and drop to 2-6, they very well might be sellers at the trade deadline, which is the day after the game. There are two players in this piece the Chargers could really use.

The Chicago Bears have already been sellers in one trade this season, but it would make sense for them to continue selling before the 2023 NFL trade deadline…

WR Darnell Mooney. 4.38 speed. Here is our potential Jordan Addison. Though he hasn't been that productive the past season and a half (Justin Fields is his QB), he had a 1055 yd season in 2021 and he's in the last year of his rookie contract. A 5th rounder out of Tulane in 2020.

CB Jaylon Johnson. An even bigger need, the biggest need on the team IMO. He's been a starter since his rookie year, 2020, 2nd rnd pick out of Utah, a CA native. He only has 3 INTs, but his passes defensed are impressive, which sometimes is a better measure of a DB. He's a four year starter who is also still on his rookie contract through this season. He's not going to be an elite player, but still probably a better option than Ja'Sir Taylor or Leonard Dean. It would bolster the CB room and add a much needed veteran presence.

Telesco/Staley have a trade connection with the Bears. Both of these players could probably be had for day 3 draft picks in 2024 and they're both still young. It just seems to me they'd be worth a 4th/5th round pick, because let's face it, Telesco/Staley's track record in day 3 picks is not that impressive.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          If the Bears lose and drop to 2-6, they very well might be sellers at the trade deadline, which is the day after the game. There are two players in this piece the Chargers could really use.

The Chicago Bears have already been sellers in one trade this season, but it would make sense for them to continue selling before the 2023 NFL trade deadline…

WR Darnell Mooney. 4.38 speed. Here is our Jordan Addison. Though he hasn't been that productive the past season and a half (Justin Fields is his QB), he had a 1055 yd season in 2021 and he's in the last year of his rookie contract. A 5th rounder out of Tulane in 2020.

CB Jaylon Johnson. An even bigger need, the biggest need on the team IMO. He's been a starter since his rookie year, 2020, 2nd rnd pick out of Utah, a CA native. He only has 3 INTs, but his passes defensed are impressive, which sometimes is a better measure of a DB. He's a four year starter who is also still on his rookie contract through this season. He's not going to be an elite player, but still probably a better option than Ja'Sir Taylor or Leonard Dean. It would bolster the CB room and add a much needed veteran presence.

Telesco/Staley have a trade connection with the Bears. Both of these players could probably be had for day 3 draft picks in 2024 and they're both still young. It just seems to me they'd be worth a 4th/5th round pick, because let's face it, Telesco/Staley's track record in day 3 picks is not that impressive.
                          I would be inclined to look at their very deep RB group, myself...no on Mooney, and I like JJ, but I doubt the Bears part with him, plus, we would have to pay him his next contract soon...

I suspect we wont be buyers, anyway. Lose to the Bears? Might be sellers...hell, if we cant beat the Bears, we should be selling, and sitting Herbert for a few weeks...hate that kinda talk, but if you cant man up and beat the Bears, you have gone from unfortunate underachievment that can be mitigated with a strong run, to a rudderless team the coach has lost...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X