Bears at Chargers (-9) Pregame Discussion (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Just sayin,he ain't Mike Dubb and shouldn't be shoe horned into a role he ain't good at.
    You say that better than I did.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

All of the receivers Herbert throws to can...
      A) Catch contested balls or
      B) Can handle high velocity heater passes for tight windows

If you can not do either your role on the team will be limited.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Quick Question. is there anyway the Chargers can bring Mike Williams back?

because they need him. And the team is lacking his jump ball ability.

I didn’t realize how much he did. Kind of like a defacto tight end.

He did the Goal touchdown to perfection. And was really great at it at Clemson.

You just gotta think some that goal line would’ve been a touchdown there with Mike Williams against the Chiefs.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          All of the receivers Herbert throws to can...
          A) Catch contested balls or
          B) Can handle high velocity heater passes for tight windows

If you can not do either your role on the team will be limited.
          Then it's the GM and coaches fault for drafting the wrong type of receiver.Again do what your guys good at or ya screwed up big time on a 1st rd pick.Hmmm gettin JCJ vibes now.Front office are idiots.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Appreciate that! I'll reach out next time for sure. I actually have an extra ticket since I became single a few weeks back. 😀

Back on topic.

There is no way the Bears beat the Bolts right?

Right?
            I think we win. Make it look like we run away with it...offense sucks in 2nd half....and defense fizzles to make it close and we win on a missed Bears FG.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I think we win. Make it look like we run away with it...offense sucks in 2nd half....and defense fizzles to make it close and we win on a missed Bears FG.
              True...but sad...this would be nothing more than continued Staleyisms....
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

True...but sad...this would be nothing more than continued Staleyisms....
                Well i am a product of his product. lol

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

That would be the best thing to happen for this team. Fire Staley on Monday at 2-5 and see what you really have with this team.

We know Staley does nothing but screw up the defense but I have a feeling he also puts severe handcuffs on Kellen Moore's play calling. The offensive play calling is much too bad for any capable OC. The only way it could be that bad is if Staley's giving Moore a mandate for xx amount of runs per game etc.
                  I highly doubt Staley interferes with Moore’s play calling. The issue is probably inconsistency on the right side of the OL and no adequate blocking at TE.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is the interview where he apparently says he already won a starting position - slide to the 11:00 min mark. He says he had already checked off his first box, getting named a starter? I can't really understand what he said. But he talks about getting named to the Pro Bowl and having 1,000 yards receiving as his rookie goals. When I see his body language on the field it looks like complacency to me. Maybe he is just in over his head right now, maybe it was too easy for him at TCU, and he wasn't prepared for how much more difficult it is in the NFL. I don't know either. I'm not writing him off, he may just need time to adjust, to get his head around everything. It feels like players such as Flowers, Addison, Nucua came into the league prepared to work a lot harder than they did in college, while QJ may have to learn that lesson. Hopefully he figures it out.

The other thing is the way we practice. Im not sure if new this year or not...but i read that we would run camp like we do practice during the season. And thats 1s vs scout teams. I live in Hawaii now so i have not been to a Staley camp. I may be off for sure. But you would think one way to get your young players up to speed is to let them face your teams best talent. Im sure there have been times in drills where that happens etc. But scrimmages...elevens/sevens/skeleton....you will see that. But the for the most part we ran our 1s vs backups all camp like we do during the season. I would have to search for that article but i did read that somewhere. Sort fo a red flag. When you look at the way we play? That is just something i think about. But also like Ekeler just said recently...this team has so many cameras around that it feels like a reality TV show. Another massive issue i beat the drum over. Ekeler probably pushing for a trade based on recent behavior.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      I still say he's been open more often than not watchin game film from YouTube especially last game and is not gettin targeted.Between this o line lookin like an embarrassment and Herbert locking in on first reads because of it he isn't gettin the ball so maybe that's where the complacent body language is comin from?Maybe he's startin to feel defeated.Would be pretty impressive for Staley and this front office to not just ruin Herbs career but a 1st rd WR too.

I believe in them . . . . . . . . . . they have the ability

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Q and Mike couldn't be more different as receivers.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers Elevate Alex Erickson​

Why ? They don't even use DD and QJ !

Comment

Working...
                          X