Lions at Chargers (+1.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Burrow had a dislocated finger, not a broken finger, and threw 2 interceptions and lost the game by 19 points.
    Like with Rivers, I am an apologist for Herbert at times. I also understand that if the rest of the team, coaching staff and front office played to Herberts level consistently, the team would be better.

Oline has been bad, running game is not consistent and if receivers can't get open or when the ball is thrown, they don't catch, how can Herbert overcome that

Like last night, Zach Wilson is not good - and Rodgers of course would help. But behind that Oline, even A-A-Ron would have trouble. Though since he is better than Wilson, he would adapt

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

One game at a time, of course.

Our gasping DBs get a hit of fresh pure oxygen, courtesy of the pass rush.

Herbert"s finger, accuracy and batted passes are still issues.

Dropped passes.

Have I missed anything ?

OOh yeah...Staley stays.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

The offense failing is on Moore IMO. He should be rolling Herbert out when the line can’t protect and Herbert should be running with the ball more. Some bad drops last night from Ek and Guyton can’t catch.

but somebody please tell me how this offense looks any different from Lombardi.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

What happened to this Justin Herbert? I want him back.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            The offense failing is on Moore IMO. He should be rolling Herbert out when the line can’t protect and Herbert should be running with the ball more. Some bad drops last night from Ek and Guyton can’t catch.

Lombardi did quite a bit more with less. I think it's becoming clear most of us owe Lombardi an apology. Since Moore took over the scheme and coaching has obviously gotten worse at every level. The line is playing worse, backs are worse, tight ends are worse, receivers are worse, QB is worse, and scheme is worse. The only positive thing has been the lack of drops by receivers and tight ends. Nobody is gonna miss Kellen Moore when his office is cleaned out along with Telesco & Staley here in about 9 weeks.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Is the idea around here that there is not to be one word of optimism ?

We turned the corner and are trending up.

Each week presents a new match up, and an opportunity to get better.

TPB mouthpieces can no longer will us to fail.

The best you can do is narrow minded bitching disguised as constructive criticism.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Less stick concept? I remember Lombo would call three WR do stick routes on a 3rd and long. It’s like an O version of the picket fence. Very frustrating.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Is the idea around here that there is not to be one word of optimism ?

We turned the corner and are trending up.

Each week presents a new match up, and an opportunity to get better.

TPB mouthpieces can no longer will us to fail.

The best you can do is narrow minded bitching disguised as constructive criticism.
                  Defense was fantastic last night. I love good defense and they came to play. I was afraid they’d wear down in the second half and the 8 minute offensive drive straddling the 3rd and 4th quarters that ended in a fg was key. And they held the rope all night. Key sacks, solid tackling and we’re almost ready for “you can’t run”

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Lions have some good pass rushers. The OL better get their shit together and quick.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

A fractured finger can do this to you. I can tell he wants to run and scramble/bootleg but very cautious on getting hit. Even on the sacks he was falling awkwardly. Hand off to running backs looks weird as well.
                      This! It looks like he's wearing a yardstick on his hand. Don't you think that can make him a little uneasy about having some 300 pound dude fall on it??? I notice he tries to protect it when going down, but sheesh, he's got to protect the rest of his body, too. Herbert is learning as he plays, but he is part of the solution, not the problem. I'm just hoping it's growing pains with our offense, learning a new system is not like taking your dog for a walk.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

This! It looks like he's wearing a yardstick on his hand. Don't you think that can make him a little uneasy about having some 300 pound dude fall on it??? I notice he tries to protect it when going down, but sheesh, he's got to protect the rest of his body, too. Herbert is learning as he plays, but he is part of the solution, not the problem. I'm just hoping it's growing pains with our offense, learning a new system is not like taking your dog for a walk.
                        Guys, it’s a finger on his non throwing hand. Ribs are one thing but the excuses have to stop for this guy. It’s not his legs or his throwing hand. But shouldn’t affect his ability to deliver the ball at all yet he’s still struggling with accuracy and seems to have lost escapability. It’s a problem.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Guys, it’s a finger on his non throwing hand. Ribs are one thing but the excuses have to stop for this guy. It’s not his legs or his throwing hand. But shouldn’t affect his ability to deliver the ball at all yet he’s still struggling with accuracy and seems to have lost escapability. It’s a problem.
                          Thats fine just as long as you mention the

OL game up a boat load of pressure. Between the two OTs, 15 pressures

Running game: still can get better though a decent game last night 4 ypc on 21 attempts

Receivers:; how many dropped passes last night? Ekeler had at least 2, Guyton had 1. I counted 4 if not 5

Comment

Working...
                          X